PDA

View Full Version : Any CZ 75, p01, 0r SP01 out there?

joems
05-09-2009, 4:18 PM
i was out in the Gun Room about a month ago and saw a P01 and went to RC Gun eX which they almost always have a CZ in stock.

I was looking for a P01 lately so I went to RC (did'nt bother to ask since they were busy), noticed that they don't have any of the CZ's they used to display before. I ended up putting a down on a SA XD 9 Tactical.

Is there a shortage of CZ's lately?

rivviepop
05-09-2009, 4:42 PM
I was at 3 shops today over here, all 3 had a good selection of CZs (I recall the P-01 being around $615? the new higher catalog price). I bought an old-stock '07 CZ today (at the old catalog prices), a 75B DA/SA in .40 S&W. I saw a 75B SAO in .40 S&W, a Phantom, the newer polymer RAMI and a 97BD on shelves too (more rare finds). CZs are lookin' good over this way.

joems
05-10-2009, 8:31 AM
Yeah the price is just about that. All the more I reason that I'll hold on to my CZ SP01. but man, I'm aching for a CZ P01...

rivviepop
05-10-2009, 8:52 AM
Yeah the price is just about that. All the more I reason that I'll hold on to my CZ SP01. but man, I'm aching for a CZ P01...

Checked out the PCR D yet? I like it just as much as my P01, they're just different -- as a carry piece the PCR D wins, and the trigger is so much better. I think they have 2 kinds, mine has the silver "not so curved" trigger like and older 75B and has thick grooves cut into it, I like it a whole lot more than the swoopy-curvy black trigger that's on the SP01/P01 and newer 75Bs...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/rivviepop/pcrd-p01-triggers.jpg

smittty
05-10-2009, 8:55 AM
Davidsons Gallery of Guns has them in stock.

joems
05-10-2009, 9:54 AM
Davidsons Gallery of Guns has them in stock.

wow 755.86

i'll pass.

gwl
05-10-2009, 10:36 AM
wow 755.86

i'll pass.

Holy Cow! For a P-01? That is a bit on the high side. I saw one yesterday for about $100 less.

Tillers_Rule
05-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I don't know about any shortage, but I do think the combination of the *gun run* and having CZ featured on the cover of one of the gun magazines a few months ago has helped with their sales.

I picked my SP-01 up back in January, right before that feature and I paid $579, now I see them for about $650 at the same place. $755 Sounds awfully high to me.

fcr
05-10-2009, 10:53 AM
I want an SP-01 Shadow. It's not on the DOJ list. I'm pzzzzzed.

SCMA-1
05-10-2009, 11:41 AM
I think CZ's are way overpriced now; they used to be a fairly inexpensive but good quality gun which was not too long ago. I think they got popular as value guns and decided to jack their prices across the board; only time will tell if their greedy new business model will work.

I paid $249 for my CZ-40 and $315 for my CZ-75B SA just before HSC was implemented. Didn't see much of an increase in the prices of CZ's until a couple of years ago. A less expensive alternative to the "CZ/TZ" style pistols are the "Witness" line from EAA, although virtually all of their guns have dropped off the BS CA handgun roster. Let's hope that goes away quickly with the recent Heller/Nordyke decisions and the civil actions filed to address this.

SCMA-1

Joe Collins
05-10-2009, 8:36 PM
I want an SP-01 Shadow. It's not on the DOJ list. I'm pzzzzzed.

Oh poor baby. Can't have there candy bar:rolleyes:

Seed
05-10-2009, 8:48 PM
For the 3rd time this week I will recommend czcustom.com (http://czcustom.com/CZ-USA-Pistols.aspx). No tax. Free next day shipping. Great service. Now go get your P-01 by Tuesday for 560 and thank me later.

joems
05-16-2009, 7:19 AM
For the 3rd time this week I will recommend czcustom.com (http://czcustom.com/CZ-USA-Pistols.aspx). No tax. Free next day shipping. Great service. Now go get your P-01 by Tuesday for 560 and thank me later.

who's the FFL here in Sac that recieved it? I asked RCGE according to the guy they dont do it anymore due to the hassle of paperwork and such....

Seed
05-16-2009, 2:35 PM
who's the FFL here in Sac that recieved it? I asked RCGE according to the guy they dont do it anymore due to the hassle of paperwork and such....

I am not sure what RCGE is but I get my stuff sent to an FFL in Daly City. There are a few others here in the Bay Area that will do it as well. I don't understand what the hassle is. Go to another shop.

Sam
05-16-2009, 3:35 PM
RCGE won't take out of state transfers due to the fact they don't like to deal with the paperwork. On the one hand, it is their business so they can do what they want but on the other hand it makes me annoyed as they are playing right into what the legislators had hoped for.

joems
05-16-2009, 4:28 PM
RCGE has it's own policy regarding to those kind of things and I respect that even though as it was said their playing right into the legislators hands.

I still love to go there and buy what I need when I have the $$ as most people here have noted that they have one of the best folks working there and that alone is a great + in my book.

8200rpm
05-16-2009, 11:12 PM
I think CZ's are way overpriced now; they used to be a fairly inexpensive but good quality gun which was not too long ago. I think they got popular as value guns and decided to jack their prices across the board; only time will tell if their greedy new business model will work.

I paid $249 for my CZ-40 and $315 for my CZ-75B SA just before HSC was implemented. Didn't see much of an increase in the prices of CZ's until a couple of years ago. A less expensive alternative to the "CZ/TZ" style pistols are the "Witness" line from EAA, although virtually all of their guns have dropped off the BS CA handgun roster. Let's hope that goes away quickly with the recent Heller/Nordyke decisions and the civil actions filed to address this.

SCMA-1

The U.S. Dollar may have been A LOT stronger vs. the Czech Koruna back in those days. I just bought a new CZ 75 B SA for under $550 shipped. You simply cannot buy a good quality handgun at that price point without resorting to polymer.

You want to see overpriced, look at SIG... MIM hammers, plastic guide rods, only one Italian magazine per gun, questionable QC/small parts quality, and roughly a 50% increase in street price since the late 90's. They've cut so many corners for the sake of profit that they're no longer the same company or even the same product. As a consequence, their brand identity is heading into the sewer.