PDA

View Full Version : A nice little sentiment for any anti-gunners I come across

evan69
05-09-2009, 5:08 PM
I thought of a new argument that can be used on anti-gunners.

There is a crazy man in you neighborhood with a gun who wants to kill you. In this scenario do you support a gun ban?

They will say yes.

Okay, the gun ban even worked on the crazy man, and despite being willing to disobey murder laws, he went ahead and obeyed the gun laws. So, you now have the same crazy man in your neighborhood, and he still wants to kill you.

Are you sure YOU don't want a gun? Oh wait, they are banned...

Post any similar sets of questions you have for anti gunners that have worked for you.

AfricanHunter
05-09-2009, 5:16 PM
I read that according to the FBI 411 rapes are prevented per day by firearms. Usually stops them in their tracks. Wish I remembered exact citation, sorry. Was in one of the many 2a books I have.

jkchan83
05-09-2009, 5:20 PM
This is a similar argument along the lines of "if guns are banned, no one who obeys the law will have guns."

Still, I like the example.

Roadrunner
05-09-2009, 6:21 PM
I talked to a woman about defending herself against rape. Sadly, she decided that she would rather be raped than take her attackers life. We still have a long way to go people.

ryno066
05-09-2009, 6:36 PM
I talked to a woman about defending herself against rape. Sadly, she decided that she would rather be raped than take her attackers life. We still have a long way to go people.

But with guns thats still her choice. My girl would shoot him then shoot him again to make sure his trial is short.

AJAX22
05-09-2009, 6:47 PM

Next time you talk with her let her know you posted a craigslist Add with her address and that sentiment...

then offer her the loan of a gun:43:

Roadrunner
05-09-2009, 6:49 PM
Next time you talk with her let her know you posted a craigslist Add with her address and that sentiment...

then offer her the loan of a gun:43:

Dude, that's just wrong.:cool2:

AJAX22
05-09-2009, 6:50 PM
Dude, that's just wrong.:cool2:

Hey... I had to bite my tongue really hard....

I was going to ask you for her address ;)

Roadrunner
05-09-2009, 6:51 PM
Hey... I had to bite my tongue really hard....

I was going to ask you for her address ;)

LOL what an *******.

AJAX22
05-09-2009, 6:54 PM
LOL what an *******.

I know I know

I'm sick ;)

but the rest of ya all thought it was funny... so at least we're in good company

Roadrunner
05-09-2009, 7:00 PM
She had a little junk in the trunk, a gap between her front teeth and wasn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, but other than that, she wasn't bad looking.

AJAX22
05-09-2009, 7:02 PM
She had a little junk in the trunk, a gap between her front teeth and wasn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, but other than that, she wasn't bad looking.

Sounds like she'd be hot **** in bakersfield

Roadrunner
05-09-2009, 7:04 PM

I don't know about Bakersfield, she was from Catalina Island.

cryptkeeper
05-09-2009, 7:12 PM
Pics?

AJAX22
05-09-2009, 7:13 PM
I don't know about Bakersfield, she was from Catalina Island.

In Catalina I think they'd find a nice bridge for he to fee fie foe under....

evan69
05-09-2009, 7:18 PM
Wow this thread digressed... I laughed at the craigslist thing though.

Roadrunner
05-09-2009, 7:36 PM
Pics?

Sorry, no pics. You'll just have to use your imagination.

Roadrunner
05-09-2009, 7:38 PM
In Catalina I think they'd find a nice bridge for he to fee fie foe under....

On the good lookin' scale she would rate about 7.

chiefcrash
05-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Lately, i've been offering the anti-gun types a bet:

I'll pay you $20 to wander around the sketchy parts of oakland in a red t-shirt, armed with nothing but a cell phone with 911 on speed dial.

No? how about $50?

$100?

If you don't wanna wander around sketchy parts of oakland unarmed for $100, don't force me to do it for free.

nicki
05-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Logic doesn't work, you have to appeal to them emotionally.

If you are dealing with a Anti gun Zealot, you are wasting your time, unless you happen to be in front of a crowd.

In that case, the Zealot will turn the crowd to our side if you let them put foot in mouth:43:

Most people who are anti gun are not zealots, they are "nice people" who happen to be "ignorant". If this is someone in your life, then it is someone that you should work with to help them discover the errors of their ways.

Support their right of choice not to be armed.

If a bad person breaks into my home, I grab my 1911 Colt 45 in one hand and if I find it, my cell phone, so I can call 911 if needed.

If I believe I have a armed intruder, I go to a secure zone in my house, stay there and call 911.

Now here is where things get interesting. If you are in your secure zone and you have a intruder in your house, what happens if the intruder gets into your secure zone before the police arrive.

If you have a gun, your intruder potentially may get a severe, possible deadly case of lead poisoning.:43:

If you don't have a gun, you are at the intruders mercy:eek:

Nicki

Model X
05-10-2009, 1:10 PM

damn '08ers

Stormfeather
05-10-2009, 1:22 PM

I'll pay you $20 to wander around the sketchy parts of oakland in a red t-shirt, armed with nothing but a cell phone with 911 on speed dial.

No? how about $50?

$100?

If you don't wanna wander around sketchy parts of oakland unarmed for $100, don't force me to do it for free.

Yea, see here Cheif, this scenario doesnt work for me, because ive seen you wander around Oakland. . . . . and the shirt wasnt red. . .it was Dusty Rose. . .:rolleyes::thumbsup::eek:

nicki
05-10-2009, 1:22 PM
Ask a anti gunner if they are pro choice on rights or anti choice.

Of course many will say they are pro choice on abortion.

You clarify the question by saying you asked about all rights, not just about abortion.

You follow up and say, okay, how about self defense?
Few people will say self defense is bad.

Typically some will say, I support self defense, but not with guns.
My response would be, well what would you suggest.

Most people don't know the limitations of many non lethal self defense tools.

When people talk martial arts, mace, etc, I ask them which do they use themselves. Usually I get a blank stare.

I say, look I respect your choice not to be armed, all I ask is that you respect my choice to be armed. Can't we just agree and get along.

That is of course a start. We can always go deeper. In fact, we could probably right a book on it, any authors here.

Nicki

Shotgun Man
05-10-2009, 3:04 PM
I thought of a new argument that can be used on anti-gunners.

There is a crazy man in you neighborhood with a gun who wants to kill you. In this scenario do you support a gun ban?

They will say yes.

Okay, the gun ban even worked on the crazy man, and despite being willing to disobey murder laws, he went ahead and obeyed the gun laws. So, you now have the same crazy man in your neighborhood, and he still wants to kill you.

Are you sure YOU don't want a gun? Oh wait, they are banned...

Post any similar sets of questions you have for anti gunners that have worked for you.

In the scenario you set forth, if you had no experience with guns, you probably would prefer your gun-ban scenario where your adversary remains unarmed. A firearm is not such an advantage if you don't know how to use it.

The anti is going be thinking if Machine Gun Kelly or Jesse James wanted to kill him, he'd prefer they'd be unarmed.

evan69
05-10-2009, 3:16 PM
You guys are mentioning a lot of irrational people, and how you should talk to them in front of a group as to sway the group if I can't sway the person. I don't talk to irrational people for any longer than it takes to call them sensationalist and irrational, unless I was in front of some people who could also be swayed.

I tend to talk to the more rational types anyway. I can convince 3 rationals before I can convince any irrationals. That's 3 votes as opposed to none.

Seems to work for me.

CCWFacts
05-10-2009, 3:51 PM
I talked to a woman about defending herself against rape. Sadly, she decided that she would rather be raped than take her attackers life.

I've heard similar such views. If that's really her choice, then it's hard to think of an argument against that. Unfortunately this viewpoint has been created by decades of liberal moral training.

If a woman does say that, and you ask her, "would you rather see your child raped / killed, or take the attacker's life", she will probably change her view and say she would rather kill someone else than see her child be killed.

Shotgun Man
05-10-2009, 4:24 PM
I talked to a woman about defending herself against rape. Sadly, she decided that she would rather be raped than take her attackers life. [..]

She sounds kinky. Was she good-looking?

jlh95811
05-10-2009, 4:43 PM
...If a bad person breaks into my home, I grab my 1911 Colt 45 in one hand and if I find it, my cell phone, so I can call 911 if needed.

If I believe I have a armed intruder, I go to a secure zone in my house, stay there and call 911.

Now here is where things get interesting. If you are in your secure zone and you have a intruder in your house, what happens if the intruder gets into your secure zone before the police arrive.

If you have a gun, your intruder potentially may get a severe, possible deadly case of lead poisoning.:43:

If you don't have a gun, you are at the intruders mercy:eek:

Nicki

There is no "secure zone" in my home for me, my loved ones, or the bad guy. If he chooses to break into our home he will be lucky to make it out alive or not tied up til the cops arrive.

There are 8 people in our home, six younger than I, and I have a duty to protect all of them. If I make it to the end of the hallway before he does you better believe I'm going to stand my ground right there. He will not make it past me unless his body is 00buck proof. There is NO WAY he will get a chance to hurt anyone but me.

There are 3 options for the bad guy:
RUN FAST
DROP AND SPREAD EM TIL THE POLICE COME TO ARREST YOU
GET PUMPED FULL OF 00BUCK

If he retreats I will allow him that.
If he chooses to freeze up and wait to go to jail I will afford him that right as well.
If he chooses to disobey and/or advance toward my position he will bypass the first two options, go directly to dead, and not collect $200.

DDT
05-10-2009, 7:07 PM

Maybe you should forward her contact info to San Quintin. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who'd like to know all about her.

Cali-V
05-10-2009, 8:12 PM

No? how about $50?

$100?

I'll take that $100...

avdrummerboy
05-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Lol about the girl who claimed shed rather be some sickly solace to a guys sexual pleasure than thwart him off with a weapon. Did you cite the fact that in a VERY large percentage of gun defense situations like that the gun need only be shown and the rapist will go on his merry way.

Goes back to all the anti crap along the lines of how a bad guy will be incapacitated by oven spray but by god if you shoot them they will only get angry and want to kill you!!!

As to evan69, one preface I always say in gun debates is that if someone truly believes something then no amount of logic or reason and no evidence will make them think otherwise. There are still people who believe that the earth is flat (flat earth society), there are also those who believe that we have never been to the moon.

ro442173
05-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Gun Facts by Guy Smith has a lot of good info for battling the anti's. He's also from the Bay Area. Google and download... good reading:thumbsup:

kap
05-10-2009, 10:40 PM

She sounds like a hoe.

To the OP -
Unfortunately logic traps do not change many peoples minds about ideas that have been pounded into their brains such as "guns kill people". People are often anti-gun for emotional reasons, so logic is useless.

andrewj
05-10-2009, 10:41 PM
I rarely deal with anti gunners but I often deal with people who ask "Why do you need so many guns?"

I respond with:

Are you familiar with the game of golf? *Yes*
Why do golfers have so many clubs? *They each do different things. Some are made for long distances, some for short. You know, things of that nature.*
Any more questions? *oh*

ThisHero
05-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Gun Facts by Guy Smith has a lot of good info for battling the anti's. He's also from the Bay Area. Google and download... good reading:thumbsup:

Apparently he hasn't paid the web domain piper, because his site is down. Oh well. I go to class tomorrow being the only person in a political science class of 23 in favor of the 2A - Berkeley will do that to you.

I now have a better understanding of how it felt for the Spartans at Thermopylae. :D

bodger
05-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I was living in Los Angeles in ' 92 during the riots. One of my girlfriend's anti-gun friends called me on the second day of the unrest and asked if he could borrow a firearm.
I was not even close to considering loaning him a weapon, but I asked if he had ever fired a gun.
His answer: "No, but it doesn't matter because I don't want to load it anyway."

I told him to take his family and go up on the roof of his house and if threatened by an assailant, to just shake his fist at them.
And never mention gun control in my presence again.

ro442173
05-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Apparently he hasn't paid the web domain piper, because his site is down. Oh well. I go to class tomorrow being the only person in a political science class of 23 in favor of the 2A - Berkeley will do that to you.

I now have a better understanding of how it felt for the Spartans at Thermopylae. :D

What, his site is down? I have a copy if anyone is interested. It's like 60 something pages of facts that are backed up with...well...facts. It's a must read for 2A supporters. PM me your email and I'll send you a copy (that's for anyone interested).

bodger
05-10-2009, 10:49 PM

What gave this woman the idea that all she would get is raped?

Typical anti-gun mentality. They can't imagine the circumstance of needing to defend themselves with a firearm. So why would anyone else need them?
Even the cops in England don't carry guns. Right? So who needs them?

Roadrunner
05-10-2009, 11:40 PM
What gave this woman the idea that all she would get is raped?

Typical anti-gun mentality. They can't imagine the circumstance of needing to defend themselves with a firearm. So why would anyone else need them?
Even the cops in England don't carry guns. Right? So who needs them?

Unfortunately, you can talk until you're blue in the face and you will never fix stupid.

mofugly13
05-11-2009, 6:01 AM
You can download Gun Facts here. (http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_63/3211000/3211389/1/print/GunFacts5-0-press.pdf)

triggerhappy
05-11-2009, 8:05 AM
What'd Cooper call that affliction, hoplophobia? It truly is a mental affliction, I think, as those who succumb to it, cannot be reasoned with. Emotion over-riding logic, I guess. Perhaps we should work harder on classifying this as a "real" disease, and it's "sufferers" as deluded, unfortunate souls, rather than having them appear as overly-cautious sensitive types.

If they pulled this with ADD, why not call it GFW syndrome (thanks to Kim Dutoit for the GFW thing)?

Theseus
05-11-2009, 9:52 AM
Yeah, I have heard many excuses as to why the gun is bad, but a knife is ok. I have heard people say not to use a gun to prevent rape, but to defecate, vomit and even urinate on yourself to try and deter the criminal.

I don't know a single self respecting and healthy woman that would rather be raped than use a gun and I would be willing to wager that any woman that makes a comment like that is also one that will claimed to have been raped previously and frequently. Some of them like the idea of being victims.

obeygiant
05-11-2009, 12:54 PM
There are 3 options for the bad guy:
RUN FAST
DROP AND SPREAD EM TIL THE POLICE COME TO ARREST YOU
GET PUMPED FULL OF 00BUCK

If he retreats I will allow him that.
If he chooses to freeze up and wait to go to jail I will afford him that right as well.
If he chooses to disobey and/or advance toward my position he will bypass the first two options, go directly to dead, and not collect $200.

priceless!:D

MrSigmaDOT40
05-11-2009, 1:49 PM
I was living in Los Angeles in ' 92 during the riots. One of my girlfriend's anti-gun friends called me on the second day of the unrest and asked if he could borrow a firearm.
I was not even close to considering loaning him a weapon, but I asked if he had ever fired a gun.
His answer: "No, but it doesn't matter because I don't want to load it anyway."

I told him to take his family and go up on the roof of his house and if threatened by an assailant, to just shake his fist at them.
And never mention gun control in my presence again.

:rofl::rofl2::smilielol5: Dude that story is just too great! You gotta give some more details. What did he say when you toldhim that? did he give in and buy a gun after that? Did he ever try to argue with you about gun control again?

sreiter
05-11-2009, 2:05 PM
"someone is about to/or has just rape(d) and murder your mom, wife, sister, daughter, baby" do you want a gun to stop them"

"someone just butt raped your baby and burnt it alive ....." the judge says he'll allow you to exact justice with a gun..do you take it

DDT
05-11-2009, 2:14 PM
"someone is about to/or has just rape(d) and murder your mom, wife, sister, daughter, baby" do you want a gun to stop them"

"someone just butt raped your baby and burnt it alive ....." the judge says he'll allow you to exact justice with a gun..do you take it

No, you just ask for a sip of Jesus juice and threaten a law suit for big bucks.... Or did you mean, if the perv isn't named Michael?

ro442173
05-11-2009, 2:19 PM
1. Do you think criminals will follow gun control laws? If so, please elaborate.

2. Do you consider self defense as a basic human right? If not, please explain your psycho-***** beliefs.

Since, most sane people will draw to the same conclusions, you then open up with...

What is wrong with a law-abiding responsible adult who has a clean record protecting himself or his family?

What do you suggest we do in order to prevent criminals from being criminals.

Arguing will do nothing. When they are on the fence they are not hearing you. It's better to make them think about their flawed logic.

evan69
05-11-2009, 2:23 PM
1. Do you think criminals will follow gun control laws? If so, please elaborate.

2. Do you consider self defense as a basic human right? If not, please explain your psycho-***** beliefs.

Since, most sane people will draw to the same conclusions, you then open up with...

What is wrong with a law-abiding responsible adult who has a clean record protecting himself or his family?

What do you suggest we do in order to prevent criminals from being criminals.

Arguing will do nothing. When they are on the fence they are not hearing you. It's better to make them think about their flawed logic.

You could also make the argument of victimless crime arrests. Does a man actually deserve to go to jail for owning a certain kind of gun? Is having the gun even doing anything wrong? If not, then why make it against the law?

This is strictly for those who show signs of being logical. Somebody with an agenda would just say that owning a gun means that you are an evil killer, and the simple act of owning one makes you a sick individual. :confused: