PDA

View Full Version : Is Brian Suits a CalGunner?

CavTrooper
05-08-2009, 8:04 PM
Who listens to AM640, particularly Brian Suits?

Well this evening he announced he will be having a ongoing segment on his sunday show called "Evil Features" all about gun ownership in CA.

If we dont have a rep from the CalGuns Foundation reaching out to him now, we need to! This is gonna be a great way to reach hundreds of thousands of people directly and indirectly and spread teh good word about responsible gun ownership and the state of the 2Afight in CA!

zatoh
05-08-2009, 9:12 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I listen and really enjoy his shows. He does seem very knowledgeable on CA firearms laws.

His weekend shows are even better and in fact that's my favorite block of talk radio to listen to with Bill Handel, Leo Laporte, (skip John and Ken), Tim Conway (mannnnn!), Suits then John Bachelor. I am sorry to say that the Kennedy and Suits show hasn't lost much with Kennedy on maternity leave even though I sort of like her too (from the KROQ days).

Let's all send him an e-mail as I think it would be interesting for him to observe what's going on 1st hand on the forefront of CA firearm law reform!

cassius
05-08-2009, 9:32 PM
Charles Payne's finance show in that block is good as well.

Suits is good, got a clear head, not much liberal foolishness in it.

Trench Broom
05-08-2009, 9:37 PM
Caught the tail-end of Kennedy & Suits tonight, and my ears perked up when I heard this. I don't normally tune in on Sunday, but I'll have to check this out.

m0topilot
05-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah Brian Suits is awesome... I like the show where he was walking his dogs and then they were ambushed by a coyote and one of his dogs took out the coyote snapping the spine... He then pulled out his .22 and shot the coyote putting it out of its misery. You don't hear that on radio too often.

Wayne Reznick is good too...

kap
05-08-2009, 11:19 PM
The "Dark Secret Place" is always a good listen.

MP301
05-08-2009, 11:37 PM

Well this evening he announced he will be having a ongoing segment on his sunday show called "Evil Features" all about gun ownership in CA.

If we dont have a rep from the CalGuns Foundation reaching out to him now, we need to! This is gonna be a great way to reach hundreds of thousands of people directly and indirectly and spread teh good word about responsible gun ownership and the state of the 2Afight in CA!

Reagrding your Sig line.... Since I have been here, I have seen lots of "tools" here as well, havent you? It could have been worse I spose....

jmlivingston
05-09-2009, 5:51 AM
What time is his show on? I occasionally listen to Handel and John/Ken during my commute, but never on the weekend.

tactic101
05-09-2009, 7:06 AM
He's how I found CalGuns. He was talking about the legality of UOC. A couple google searches and I found CG.:thumbsup:

SKSer
05-09-2009, 7:39 AM
I love AM 640, I listen to them just about everyday at work, i have to skip Rush and Dr. Laura though. Im conservative but Rush is about as right as it gets. Sometimes ill give him a shot but about 20 minutes into it I have cut him off, and usually switch it to 790 and listen to Joe and Mika. John and Ken are cool but for the past 3 weeks all they cram down your gullet is teachers unions. I usually get to listen to about 20-30 minutes of Kennedy and Suits, but there show is awesome as well. I wish my car radio had a DVR. If we could get Suits on board with calguns that would be great for the whole movement.

m0topilot
05-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I love AM 640, I listen to them just about everyday at work, i have to skip Rush and Dr. Laura though. Im conservative but Rush is about as right as it gets. Sometimes ill give him a shot but about 20 minutes into it I have cut him off, and usually switch it to 790 and listen to Joe and Mika. John and Ken are cool but for the past 3 weeks all they cram down your gullet is teachers unions. I usually get to listen to about 20-30 minutes of Kennedy and Suits, but there show is awesome as well. I wish my car radio had a DVR. If we could get Suits on board with calguns that would be great for the whole movement.

I mean no harm by this, but if you call your self a conservative, then how can you not listen to him more? I don't get it. We need more Rush's out there to wake this country up. I have a coworker who was a big Ron Paul supporter and when he came to the conclusion that Ron wasn't going to be his guy, he voted for Obama - wtf??? How can you say your one thing and don't support people alike, if your a conservative. Doesn't make sense. I see Rush as having true analytical insight and is a true voice for
restoring this great nation.

Don't know about Joe and Mika.

As for John and Ken, they are pure sensationalist. Yeah they do good work on stirring up Socal regarding taxes, illegal immigration and crime and for that I appreciate and support their radio show.

But true 2nd Amendment supporters they are not. I wouldn't even classify them as ever supporting the 2nd. One night they were lumping us all into the lunatic crowd for having AR's and buying ammo and making fun of us being afraid. I say not afraid, but prepared.

I believe KFI has podcasts of the shows where you can download the mp3's.

Best,
Matt

workinwifdakids
05-09-2009, 1:15 PM
Brian Suits is very grounded, and a veteran of both Iraq wars. I'll email him the link to this thread.

jnojr
05-09-2009, 2:14 PM
What time is his show on? I occasionally listen to Handel and John/Ken during my commute, but never on the weekend.

Weekdays 7PM to 10PM

RomanDad
05-09-2009, 3:21 PM
Wayne Resnick (also on 640) has done a couple of segments on CCW over the past year....

I know the Orange County CCW group OCCCWS contacted Resnick and Suits and some others re: the new Sheriff a few months ago.

cassius
05-09-2009, 3:34 PM
Laughable. You call yourself 'conservative' but you can't stomach Rush, but you'll listen to that RINO Joe Scarborough and that foul LLLib harridan Mika Brzezinski. Both of whom share a show on that insane-lib platform MSNBC.
I don't think you know what the word 'conservative' means, as a political descriptor. That or you are actively lying about it.

RomanDad
05-09-2009, 3:47 PM
Laughable. You call yourself 'conservative' but you can't stomach Rush, but you'll listen to that RINO Joe Scarborough and that foul LLLib harridan Mika Brzezinski. Both of whom share a show on that insane-lib platform MSNBC.
I don't think you know what the word 'conservative' means, as a political descriptor. That or you are actively lying about it.

Dude... Relax.... I like Rush... But different strokes for different folks, ya know?

ttboy
05-09-2009, 3:55 PM
Bill Handel is against the Second Amendment and said many times that he would ban guns and pokes fun at gun owners as having small members or sounding dumb with a Southern accent.

Decoligny
05-09-2009, 5:05 PM
I have been e-mailing back and forth with him about the Open Carry movement and some of the get togethers in San Diego. He is definitely on our side.

high_lander
05-09-2009, 8:23 PM
I miss Larry Elder. He is VERY pro 2A.

SKSer
05-09-2009, 9:28 PM
I mean no harm by this, but if you call your self a conservative, then how can you not listen to him more? I don't get it. We need more Rush's out there to wake this country up. I have a coworker who was a big Ron Paul supporter and when he came to the conclusion that Ron wasn't going to be his guy, he voted for Obama - wtf??? How can you say your one thing and don't support people alike, if your a conservative. Doesn't make sense. I see Rush as having true analytical insight and is a true voice for
restoring this great nation.

Don't know about Joe and Mika.

As for John and Ken, they are pure sensationalist. Yeah they do good work on stirring up Socal regarding taxes, illegal immigration and crime and for that I appreciate and support their radio show.

But true 2nd Amendment supporters they are not. I wouldn't even classify them as ever supporting the 2nd. One night they were lumping us all into the lunatic crowd for having AR's and buying ammo and making fun of us being afraid. I say not afraid, but prepared.

I believe KFI has podcasts of the shows where you can download the mp3's.

Best,
Matt

There are varying degrees of Liberal and Conservative. Rush is as far right as it comes, some of the stuff the guy says is completely made up which completely discredits anything else he says. The first thing I want to say is in no way am I an Obama fan at all, but lets look back at the elections. I mean lets be honest here, Obama pretty much whipped the pants off of McCain in all the presidential debates, and after every debate, Rush would sit there and tell you McCain won the debate, I mean come on, lets be real and have a mind of our own instead of being sheeple to the extreme right.

I listen to John and Ken mainly for whats going on locally with this state and the California legislature, they are by no means my favorite show, but I do appreciate what they are trying to do for our taxes.

Joe and Mika are on 790 at 10:00 am. Joe is a center right conservative and Mika is a center left Liberal (who is a huge supporter of the 2A I might add) so you get to hear the debates from both sides. I mainly agree with Joe obviously.

I really liked Bill O Reilly but he is no longer on the radio.

sergeantrex
05-09-2009, 9:33 PM

In Eugene Oregon/Berkeley California I was a right wing wierdo. In Provo Utah I was a leftist commie Bohlshevik.

jnojr
05-09-2009, 9:37 PM

But true 2nd Amendment supporters they are not. I wouldn't even classify them as ever supporting the 2nd.

John Kobylt is almost certainly in favor of "reasonable gun control", if not an outright ban. The few statements he's made that I've heard have been anti. But anyone who gets on their show and starts in about guns will get cut off very, very quickly.

SKSer
05-09-2009, 9:45 PM

I know this may be shocking to you since you bank so much on one person, but, there are varying degrees of liberal and conservative. As a matter of fact, most of the country is center right. The only people that praise Rush are other extreme right individuals like Sean Hannity and people like your self. Seriouly, learn to think for yourself instead of just being a Sheeple to the far right. The far right is just as bad as being far left. and the last thing and probably the most important thing to add is that "foul LLLib harridan Mika" is a huge 2A supporter and gun owner. When was the last time your savior was at the range, oh lets look at this http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/28/hunters-now-say-limbaugh-is-wrong/
maybe ill just get him a sun dress and a starbucks gift card for mothers day right now.

FastFinger
05-09-2009, 9:47 PM
I haven't tuned in to Suits m-f, partially out of spike 'cause I really enjoyed John Zeigler. Have listened to suits Dark Place weekend show though, and find it interesting.

Larry Elder is very much missed - he is a true believer who often had John Lott on as a guest. My guess is that Zeigler is also pro 2A.

John and Ken are just loud showmen who will say anything if they sense it will garner them a rating point.

wildhawker
05-09-2009, 9:52 PM
I haven't tuned in to Suits m-f, partially out of spike 'cause I really enjoyed John Zeigler. Have listened to suits Dark Place weekend show though, and find it interesting.

Larry Elder is very much missed - he is a true believer who often had John Lott on as a guest. My guess is that Zeigler is also pro 2A.

John and Ken are just loud showmen who will say anything if they sense it will garner them a rating point.

100% with you on each and every point.

DDT
05-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Dude... Relax.... I like Rush... But different strokes for different folks, ya know?

And then people wonder why the republicans have trouble creating a "big tent" party. :duh:

dfletcher
05-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Bill Handel is against the Second Amendment and said many times that he would ban guns and pokes fun at gun owners as having small members or sounding dumb with a Southern accent.

You've got to admit, that's pretty modest for Handel - the guy routinely mocks his wife, does holocaust jokes and makes fun of pretty much everyone. I only get to hear his "marginal legal advice" show in the Bay Area, but a few weeks ago when one female caller said her husband had just died he asked if she had started dating again ......

Manic Moran
05-10-2009, 5:12 PM
Here's himself a few years ago, the Blue Falcon (da -da-dum!) Apologies for the quality of the picture, it pre-dates my buying a decent digital camera.

http://www.clubi.ie/exalted/images/army/OCS/Falcon.jpg

NTM

capo
05-10-2009, 8:16 PM
Suits is great.

m0topilot
05-11-2009, 10:23 AM

Yeah I agree, Zeigler is awesome and it's too bad that KFI sandbagged him because John Ken couldn't take it anymore and had to complain like a bunch of petulant *****es they are... And it's too bad Handle played sides.
I must admit I didn't listen to Suites in protest of Zeigler being force out, but as I tuned in more and more he as been a great addition. I still miss Zeigler's energy, insight and mostly his solid principals that he represented every night.

Elder is awesome and he got sandbagged too.