PDA

View Full Version : Ammo prices?

chilly_bill
05-08-2009, 7:22 PM
I paid $16 for a bag of 50 .38 caliber wadcutter rounds on Tuesday at a range in San Leandro. (the guys working there were bitter, rude people by the way).
At my local range in San Rafael I saw 50 unit boxes of .38 rounds for $55! (Sweet, polite, helpful staff, go figure)
Is this a California problem, or are the prices ridiculous all over the U.S.?

Shotgun Man
05-08-2009, 7:27 PM
I paid $16 for a bag of 50 .38 caliber wadcutter rounds on Tuesday at a range in San Leandro. (the guys working there were bitter, rude people by the way).
At my local range in San Rafael I saw 50 round boxes of .38 bullets for $55! (Sweet, polite, helpful staff, go figure)

That's a lot to pay for bullets. Cabela's is selling 100 .50 BMG bullets for only $79!

ETA: Not to sound like a pedantic jerk, but as shooters I think we should be encouraged to use the correct vernacular. A bullet to most shooters means only the projectile.

But yeah, prices are reputed to be high all over. The MSM is reporting on it.

ErikTheRed
05-08-2009, 7:27 PM
Obama, Congress, and the Senate are nationwide--- its bad everywhere.

chilly_bill
05-08-2009, 7:44 PM
I'm heading up to Washington state and will send some home if they area any cheaper over there.

bohoki
05-08-2009, 8:03 PM
definatly go back and buy the wadcutter rounds cause more than a buck a bullet is crazy for .38 spl

TheBundo
05-08-2009, 8:37 PM
I paid the same for Bonus packs at Wally World in WY a couple of weeks ago as we do here. Made the whole trip and exits from the freeway based on where Wally World's were. Only found anything in the Bonus Pack realm at Laramie, WY. Their shelves were about as bare as ours

punisheryayarea
05-09-2009, 8:29 PM
At my local range in San Rafael I saw 50 unit boxes of .38 rounds for $55! (Sweet, polite, helpful staff, go figure)

I go there all the time you bought RELOADS........

b18bturboek9
05-09-2009, 10:09 PM
ya probably reloads from load x i know they get reloads from there but i've always had a good time at the San Leandro range might of just caught the guys there on a bad day.

bluestaterebel
05-10-2009, 12:30 AM
ridiculous everywhere

punisheryayarea
05-10-2009, 9:06 AM
The San Leandro (Davis st.) range is a get place for quick and easy shooting, if you have time check out Chabot Gun Range but somtimes it get real wind but also a great place.......