PDA

View Full Version : response to ammo tracking in fairfield

captn-tin
05-08-2009, 7:20 PM
well' after contacting via e-mail all members of the city counsil, i have so far recieved 3 responses. mayor price seems to be against the ordinance, as does vice mayor mraz. councilman tim is definately in the yes column. i,ll as well as all my friends i have spoken with about this ordinance will surely remember this come election time. councilwoman moy is for sure against this ordinance, although she has not responded to my e-mail thanking her fo her opposition to this ordinance, and i have not as yet heard from councilman vaccaro. i'll post up again when i hear from them.
by the way, any other fairfield folk out ther checking into this ordinance?

cousinkix1953
05-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Why are they wasting time on this BS. A liberal San Francisco judge threw out proposition H; because cities and counties do NOT have the right to regulate the sale of firearms and ammo. The legislature passed a state-wide pre-emption law, which gave them a monopoly on gun control legislation on 1969. It has not been repealed.

This is every bit as ridiculous as conducting foreign policy at city hall; but these kind of people don't care about the Logan Act either...

Librarian
05-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Why are they wasting time on this BS. A liberal San Francisco judge threw out proposition H; because cities and counties do NOT have the right to regulate the sale of firearms and ammo. The legislature passed a state-wide pre-emption law, which gave them a monopoly on gun control legislation on 1969. It has not been repealed.

This is every bit as ridiculous as conducting foreign policy at city hall; but these kind of people don't care about the Logan Act either...

This ammo stuff is ridiculous, but state pre-emption would not apply - it's very narrow.

See http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/State_Preemption_of_Some_Gun_Regulation