PDA

View Full Version : another NEWB added.......

AngelusMortis
05-08-2009, 4:39 PM
whats up peoples.........well i was told that tons of you out there are pretty KNOWLEDGED on Cali laws and what not, as for me, iam from AZ staioned in Cali and well the only question i have is......would i be able to have my AR15 here? iam in SD by the way......

i have read some of the cali laws saying that the AR falls under "ASSAULT RIFFLES"........but i just wanted to get a little more info on what some "LOOP HOLES" might be and what i can possibly do. THANKS in advance and hope to learn more about my weapons.......3 so far and just starting.

H&K P2000 .40
Next Generation Arms Patriot Carbine AR15
Mossberg 12 gauge

sgtbuck
05-08-2009, 7:47 PM
hi..... welcome

There are no Loop holes in the laws but they can be confusing until you learn what you can and can not do then they become very clear. Yes you can build a legal AR but you have to decide what features you want to determine how to build your AR. Search is your friend and also make sure you look at the flowchart. Even print it and keep it handy. I am in the North San Diego County area feel free to contact me if you need any help. :thumbsup:

One more thing I just saw where you wanted to bring in an AR. There are some AR models that are ban by make and model. Those lowers can not be brought into Cali legally if you are already stationed here.

Turbinator
05-08-2009, 9:06 PM
Welcome aboard!

If your lower receiver isn't specifically named on the banned list, you could make your rifle CA legal by installing a bullet button and using 10 round mags.

I believe your CO can authorize your personally owned firearm and you can get it ok'ed by the DOJ but I am not knowledgeable on this and so you may want to do some searching here as I believe this topic has already been covered a few times.

Turby