PDA

View Full Version : Heller, Nordyke, Sykes: Any Change re. UOC/LOC?

Paladin
05-08-2009, 3:19 PM
First off, I haven't kept up w/all the posts re Sykes v. McGinness, so I don't know it this has been discussed OT in one of those threads.

IIRC, after Nordyke, Gene said go for UOC if you want, but do it prudently (e.g., in groups, w/auto voice recorders, unarmed witnesses, preferably w/video too, avoid school zones, etc., etc., etc.).

Since Sykes seems like a direct attack on CLEOs' discretion, what's going to happen to UOC/LOC between now and a Sykes decision by the 9th Circuit?

Aren't there going to be any UOC gathering/marches in downtown SF? :( :43:

If not, I may have to change my avatar!

Window_Seat
05-08-2009, 4:42 PM
Aren't there going to be any UOC gathering/marches in downtown SF?

"Gatherings" would be the better alternative because we could arrange it to make sure everyone is well dressed & has all their teeth in line. The marches are more of a bad idea because the media would only target the UOCing toothless belly hanging butt cracker, and it's difficult to prevent that from happening if there was a "march", so this would fall under the catagory of "not so prudent".

We could "gather" at a location in SF, and then one of us could call the local news media(s), and tell them "HAY, there's a "march" in SF going on. :thumbsup::eek:

Erik.

DDT
05-08-2009, 5:13 PM
no reason to change that avatar, it is beautiful.

MP301
05-08-2009, 11:34 PM
The marches are more of a bad idea because the media would only target the UOCing toothless belly hanging butt cracker

Erik.

NOW.... THAT is freakin funny! Ya gotta love Calguns...