PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer P250

EmtGuy
05-08-2009, 2:56 PM
Anyone aware of how to get a Sig Sauer P250 in California if your not LE??

AYEAREFIFTEEN
05-08-2009, 2:58 PM
PPT from an LE.

EmtGuy
05-08-2009, 3:23 PM
So an LE can purchase one and turn around and sell PPT with no issues?? Still can't have the 15 rnd mag though as thats all that is available right now?

aki500mag
05-08-2009, 8:16 PM
I heard from a local store that there will be CA version of P250s available next month. They said they got the info from Sig's rep.

Vin496
05-08-2009, 8:17 PM
I heard from a local store that there will be CA version of P250s available next month. They said they got the info from Sig's rep.

So not true. Would require a major redesign of the gun.

barrykay
05-08-2009, 9:16 PM

This post reminds of an old Buddy Holy song "That will be the day" in other words FUD.:mad:

Jeff P
05-08-2009, 9:18 PM
Watch the for sale boards here and contact the local consignment shops in your area.

EmtGuy
05-10-2009, 4:37 AM
thanks for the replies, would be great if they released one next month but i doubt it as well :(

9mmlaw
05-10-2009, 8:43 AM
Do you have parents or grandparents out of state that could purchase and do an inter family transfer? Still have to get the mags converted to ten rounders.

smittty
05-10-2009, 8:52 AM
I handled them Texas during a trip. They seemed cool at first but after looking at everything else that's available I wasn't hot for one. I don't feel that it would be worth the hassle of getting one thru an intra family transfer, especailly for the family member that has to buy it first.

The SigPro is on the list and it's a nicer pistol imo.

EmtGuy
05-10-2009, 2:25 PM
No family out of state, brother in law is an officer but donno if he would be willing to buy a d ppt. That seems like my best option if in fact the is legal to do. A FFL would do the transfer without any issues?? Gun would be able to be registered to me but would still need to modify clip for 10 Round?? Anyone had experience ppt the P250??

Vin496
05-10-2009, 3:24 PM
No family out of state, brother in law is an officer but donno if he would be willing to buy a d ppt. That seems like my best option if in fact the is legal to do. A FFL would do the transfer without any issues?? Gun would be able to be registered to me but would still need to modify clip for 10 Round?? Anyone had experience ppt the P250??

Once the gun is here in the State(via a LEO, Intra Familial transfer, or new Resident), the PPT would be no different than any other gun. It will not even be brought up that it is not on the Roster, I and many other members here have purchased guns not on the roster.

The best way to handle the magazine(NOT CLIPS) issue is for the seller, to have disassembled them and give them to you before or after you have entered the FFL to do the transfer. It will just be easier and one less issue you or the FFL has to deal with.

It will then be up to you to modify the magazines before you shoot the gun in California, or modify 1 and keep 1 as a mag parts kit, for later use or when you go out of State to shoot.

EmtGuy
05-10-2009, 3:45 PM
Thanks for the info. I see what ur saying about the magazines, just leave them out of the ppt for less hassel.

Hopefully LEO I know will purchase one and do a ppt with me.

Had a buddy offer to purchase one in Idaho for me, but doubt I would be able to register it as he would not be moving here, be able to gift it to me, nor would it already be registered in ca.

would just have to keep it unregisterd huh? :(

Vin496
05-10-2009, 3:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I see what ur saying about the magazines, just leave them out of the ppt for less hassel.

Hopefully LEO I know will purchase one and do a ppt with me.

Had a buddy offer to purchase one in Idaho for me, but doubt I would be able to register it as he would not be moving here, be able to gift it to me, nor would it already be registered in ca.

would just have to keep it unregisterd huh? :(

Who would keep it unregistered?

EmtGuy
05-10-2009, 3:58 PM
Not I, just wondering if there were any other ways around it but LEO ppt seems best option or ppt from someone else who already had it registered in CA

Vin496
05-10-2009, 3:59 PM
Not I, just wondering if there were any other ways around it but LEO ppt seems best option or ppt from someone else who already had it registered in CA

For you, those are not only the best options, they are your only options.