PDA

View Full Version : Montanas new gun laws

jrock
05-08-2009, 11:55 AM
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.js...81474977674743

I was informed of this awe inspiring legislation while tuned into The Glenn Beck show yesterday. Texas, and Utah have similiar legislation in the works.

The big picture is that this does not only apply to guns and ammo, it would carry over to almost any product. Fed could not tell states what types of crops can be grown, gas sold, etc.

According to Judge Napolitano, a Fox new commentator, the Supreme court will be looking at a case which ties into this. Once upon a time there was a farmer whom wanted to grow his own crops for personal use, the feds said no because then everyone would do that essentially, and there would be no Fed revenue, etc.

The ruling against that farmer is expected to be overturned in an estimated 6-4 vote by the Supreme court justices, again an estimate according to Judge Napolitano.

According to Glenn Beck, this would derail the mojo of the progressive movement which was jump started by this ruling. Also, the term "regulated" as in "a well regulated militia", is expected to be interpreted the way the authors of the constitution meant....meaning, "regular"....not "to regulate" as the progressives interprete it which allows the Feds to make laws.

This is huge, as big if not bigger than the Roe vs. Wade case.

www.the912project.com

DDT
05-08-2009, 11:58 AM
You should do a search on "Montana" in this forum you'll find lots of good information about this legislation.

jrock
05-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Probably should have done a search, just overly excited I guess! I know everyone here is on top of this....dah!

aileron
05-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Linky no worky.

Window_Seat
05-08-2009, 5:00 PM
Here's a fix for the link:

Montana Governor Signs New Gun Law (http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977674743)

Erik.

bohoki
05-08-2009, 7:32 PM
i bet idaho is really jealous

SimpleCountryActuary
05-08-2009, 8:21 PM
i bet idaho is really jealous

Well, they can stand firm on intra-state transportation of spuds.

That's potatos. Baked potatos. With Sour Cream. And ... BACON!!! :drool5:

Oh oh! Perhaps Idaho doesn't have enough pigs and has to import them. Then when they fly them in the potato with sour cream and bacon will be partially an interstate product :(

bohoki
05-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Well, they can stand firm on intra-state transportation of spuds.

That's potatos. Baked potatos. With Sour Cream. And ... BACON!!! :drool5:

Oh oh! Perhaps Idaho doesn't have enough pigs and has to import them. Then when they fly them in the potato with sour cream and bacon will be partially an interstate product :(

i like my potatos with chili

gunsmith
05-09-2009, 1:47 AM
What has changed?

Silencers are mentioned in the law
Short barreled or A.O.W?
They only seem to make those cool old west guns there.
Not that thats bad, but I might wanna move there if you can ccw
a short barreled shottie/rifle. Maybe they can pass a Montanna only machine gun law too...

DDT
05-09-2009, 1:50 AM
I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing lots of AR parts made in Montana soon enough.... 11" barrels, suppressors, anything else? Of course we won't be able to get them.

bohoki
05-09-2009, 10:25 AM
What has changed?

baby steps

gunsmith
05-10-2009, 1:44 AM
baby steps

I just didn't know what the law was before this new one.