PDA

View Full Version : XD conversion barrels; Storm Lake + EFK

MarioS
05-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Anyone have one in their XD? Tried searching but relevant results seemed somewhat sparse. I have an XD-40 4" Service and wanted to give 9mm a try. I may end up purchasing a dedicated 9mm gun in the end but figured a conversion barrel would be fun for a while. Just looking for feedback on fitment, any issues, quality, etc. I've found a few but they vary in price quite a bit. This is mainly for .40S&W to 9mm only. Thanks, guys!

Requiem
05-08-2009, 1:00 PM
I'm actually wondering the same thing. Hopefully someone here has some insight.

MarioS
05-08-2009, 3:59 PM
I'm actually wondering the same thing. Hopefully someone here has some insight.

Yeah, seems like there are quite a few of us who are curious about the same thing. I think I've read a couple members talking about their experiences with the conversion barrels, but it's always been here-and-there. Hopefully they will see this and chime in.

If not, I guess I could just take the jump and order one, then report back with details.

1BigPea
05-08-2009, 4:07 PM
Go check out XDtalk.com too, I know this has been discussed quite a bit over there. :thumbsup:

MarioS
05-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Go check out XDtalk.com too, I know this has been discussed quite a bit over there. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I actually just came from over there. :) Found some good stuff although there were tons of threads about the XDm...that we can't get. :mad:

Seems like they are all decent though, many have had no issues whatsoever after a thousand rounds. Seems good enough to me, I'm getting one.

Requiem
05-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Seems like they are all decent though, many have had no issues whatsoever after a thousand rounds. Seems good enough to me, I'm getting one.

Make sure to let us know which one you get and how it is ;)

fltingck
05-09-2009, 3:20 PM
I bought the storm lake conversion for my 5" tactical... No problems after 100 rounds :) The barrel simply "drops right in". I really like shooting the 9mm instead of .40 sometimes. I think the upgrade is worth the money.

MarioS
05-10-2009, 2:14 AM
Make sure to let us know which one you get and how it is ;)

Will do. Might be a little bit while I save up the cash but should be soon enough. I think finding 9mm FMJ that isn't a complete rip-off will be the harder part.

I bought the storm lake conversion for my 5" tactical... No problems after 100 rounds :) The barrel simply "drops right in". I really like shooting the 9mm instead of .40 sometimes. I think the upgrade is worth the money.

Sounds good. I think I may be going with Storm Lake.

I'm also thinking .40 may not be my thing...who knows. If I decide I like 9mm way more after an extended period of time then I'll just get a dedicated 9mm gun. The conversion barrel just seems like it would be so fun to have though. You can go from shooting .40 to 9mm in a minute!

Blackhawk556
05-10-2009, 2:42 AM
hey guys what is a good price for ammo (per round)

on .223 anything below .45cents per round is good, what about on 9mm????