PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield Ca. Anti-ammo Police!!

74man
05-07-2009, 9:58 PM
I read today in the Fairfield Daily Republic, (ON THE FRONT PAGE), that the police want a local law, which would require retailers who sell ammo to have to register all customers who buy ammo. One Councilwoman Cathrine Moy refused to give the request any consideration. Then postponed the topic to the council meeting agenda on the 19 May, but I think they said maybe indefinately. She said that would be against the rights of the people. She has my vote for Senate. There were quotes by police that all they wanted to do was make sure that parolees and probationers weren't buying ammo. What BS!! I wrote the reporter who wrote the story and gave him a big thankyou because you very seldom see any good news about firearms, only bad news. When I get Councilwoman Moy's contact information I will write her and give her a big Patriotic THANK YOU. for being a logical citizen in charge.

If this is brought up again, I will be there. I want to ask the Police this question: If you are so concerned about parolees and probationers gaining access to ammuniton from local vendors then why not open up your data base of parolees and probationers to the retailers and that way they won't sell the people on the database any ammo in the first place? I know that all the police want is to know who the legal law abiding citizens are who are buying ammo in bulk so if the SHTF then they know where to go to confiscate ammo.

This was good news on the front page of the local newspaper concerning firearms.

Shane916
05-07-2009, 10:00 PM
I read today in the Fairfield Daily Republic, (ON THE FRONT PAGE), that the police want a local law, which would require retailers who sell ammo to have to register all customers who buy ammo. One Councilwoman Cathrine Moy refused to give the request any consideration. Then postponed the topic to the council meeting agenda on the 19 May, but I think they said maybe indefinately. She said that would be against the rights of the people. She has my vote for Senate. There were quotes by police that all they wanted to do was make sure that parolees and probationers weren't buying ammo. What BS!! I wrote the reporter who wrote the story and gave him a big thankyou because you very seldom see any good news about firearms, only bad news. When I get Councilwoman Moy's contact information I will write her and give her a big Patriotic THANK YOU. for being a logical citizen in charge.

If this is brought up again, I will be there. I want to ask the Police this question: If you are so concerned about parolees and probationers gaining access to ammuniton from local vendors then why not open up your data base of parolees and probationers to the retailers and that way they won't sell the people on the database any ammo in the first place? I know that all the police want is to know who the legal law abiding citizens are who are buying ammo in bulk so if the SHTF then they know where to go to confiscate ammo.

This was good news on the front page of the local newspaper concerning firearms.

Welcome to Sacramento's fine piece of legislation :)

XD 40
05-07-2009, 10:01 PM
The City of Sacramento already has something like this, they have to fill out a form with what you purchased and provide a thumbprint. This in only in affect in the city.

KylaGWolf
05-07-2009, 10:07 PM
I can say this that unless something has changed when it comes to the probation department in Solano County it is woefully understaffed. Not to mention way behind in the modern technology area. I agree with you completely though that they should make a list of those unable to buy guns/ammo and make it available to the dealers. Instead of making those of us that follow the law jump through all kinds of hoops.

Swiss
05-07-2009, 10:52 PM
:dupe:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=181599

JDay
05-08-2009, 1:49 AM
If this is brought up again, I will be there. I want to ask the Police this question: If you are so concerned about parolees and probationers gaining access to ammuniton from local vendors then why not open up your data base of parolees and probationers to the retailers and that way they won't sell the people on the database any ammo in the first place?

Um, for that to work they would have to swipe your ID. This would still allow them to have a database of everyone who buys ammo.

Ford8N
05-08-2009, 5:19 AM
If parolee's and probationers are such evil people that they shouldn't be allowed to buy ammo, WHY ARE THEY NOT IN JAIL?

halifax
05-08-2009, 5:37 AM
Propose that ID be required for all gasoline purchases. That way, convicted drunk drivers with suspended licences will not be able to drive their cars. Maybe then they will realize the folly of their logic.

SgtDinosaur
05-08-2009, 6:57 AM
I can say this that unless something has changed when it comes to the probation department in Solano County it is woefully understaffed. Not to mention way behind in the modern technology area. I agree with you completely though that they should make a list of those unable to buy guns/ammo and make it available to the dealers. Instead of making those of us that follow the law jump through all kinds of hoops.
Solano County is a dumping ground for parolees and sex offenders. As I've said before, just living here should be "good cause" for a permit. Regulating ammo sales is even more laughable than gun control schemes. I don't think these guys spend a lot of time at the range. One box probably lasts them for a lot of robberies.

Untamed1972
05-08-2009, 8:50 AM
How about when you are on probation/parole you are issued a new drivers license that says in big letters across the top "PAROLEE". The ammo seller can ask to see ID to check that you are of age, just like they do with alcohol. If they see the "PAROLEE" label on your license, you get to pound sand.

But again....this still does nothing to address the issue of them just sending someone else in to buy for them.

chiefcrash
05-08-2009, 9:06 AM
If this is brought up again, I will be there. I want to ask the Police this question: If you are so concerned about parolees and probationers gaining access to ammuniton from local vendors then why not open up your data base of parolees and probationers to the retailers and that way they won't sell the people on the database any ammo in the first place?

better question: if the police are concerned about parolees and probationers gaining access to ammunition, then why aren't they in jail? If you're gonna parole someone, or give them probation, shouldn't that mean you AREN'T worried about them doing bad things?

WokMaster1
05-08-2009, 9:57 AM
http://www.ci.fairfield.ca.us/citycouncilmembers_11192.htm

Here's her info.

AggregatVier
05-09-2009, 9:53 AM
:dupe:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=181599

Is there a glyph for identifying anti-dupe Nazis?

Swiss
05-09-2009, 10:13 PM
No, but there is one for people who don't appreciate a clean forum and redirection to the correct location: <:-P

Dr. Peter Venkman
05-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Why don't they stop parolees and probationers from being out on the streets? Four more OPD cops would be alive today...

KylaGWolf
05-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Solano County is a dumping ground for parolees and sex offenders. As I've said before, just living here should be "good cause" for a permit. Regulating ammo sales is even more laughable than gun control schemes. I don't think these guys spend a lot of time at the range. One box probably lasts them for a lot of robberies.

I spent many a year living up there. Hell even in san diego we are a dumping ground for the bg it seems. And I agree regulating ammo is a BAD idea.

livone
05-09-2009, 11:15 PM
What's next? Let's introduce legislation that require retailers who sell dvds of Michael Moore movies to have to register all their customers. These people need to be monitored.

Good thing there are still some watchdogs out there guarding the safety of our remaining civil liberties!

hoffman259
05-10-2009, 9:25 AM
Not everyone is able to read every thread on the forum. I for one didnt see the original thread. Leave the moderating of the forums to the moderators.

No, but there is one for people who don't appreciate a clean forum and redirection to the correct location: <:-P

scr83jp
05-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I can say this that unless something has changed when it comes to the probation department in Solano County it is woefully understaffed. Not to mention way behind in the modern technology area. I agree with you completely though that they should make a list of those unable to buy guns/ammo and make it available to the dealers. Instead of making those of us that follow the law jump through all kinds of hoops.Just a list of names isn't enough one needs a color photo of each restricted person .

AggregatVier
05-10-2009, 5:42 PM

And some people get all upset if their underwear aren't folded. With all that goes on YOU will never have a 100% clean forum. Let it go and find another hobby.

Moderators: can we set up something so everytime one of the grammar / clean police post something about d*u*p*e*s they get deleted automatically? Their cute little wanna-be-police rotating beacon got old a long time ago and it's way past their bedtime.

KWA-S
05-10-2009, 9:02 PM
And some people get all upset if their underwear aren't folded. With all that goes on YOU will never have a 100% clean forum. Let it go and find another hobby.

Moderators: can we set up something so everytime one of the grammar / clean police post something about d*u*p*e*s they get deleted automatically? Their cute little wanna-be-police rotating beacon got old a long time ago and it's way past their bedtime.

I proposed merging the topics. I think that would be better as youd get the posts from both threads as well as a "cleaner" forum.

Librarian
05-10-2009, 9:26 PM

And it would be just as good if the duplicate threads were deleted, right?

No, not really. Merging them would be better - we really do want to encourage participation, and softer answers are better than harsh ones.

However - if we've already been discussing a topic for a week in one thread, and nothing new is happening, so that thread drops to the second page, and then a new post on EXACTLY THE SAME THING appears, as if no one has ever heard of it, does it not seem unreasonable to rehash the old thread?

A 'dupe' post without the link to the prior discussion thread is not very helpful.

Complaining about reminders of dupe posts is not very helpful, either.

Swiss
05-11-2009, 1:18 PM
And it would be just as good if the duplicate threads were deleted, right?

No, not really. Merging them would be better - we really do want to encourage participation, and softer answers are better than harsh ones.

However - if we've already been discussing a topic for a week in one thread, and nothing new is happening, so that thread drops to the second page, and then a new post on EXACTLY THE SAME THING appears, as if no one has ever heard of it, does it not seem unreasonable to rehash the old thread?

A 'dupe' post without the link to the prior discussion thread is not very helpful.

Complaining about reminders of dupe posts is not very helpful, either.

I agree with all your points.

KylaGWolf
05-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Just a list of names isn't enough one needs a color photo of each restricted person .

well that shouldnt be a problem if they were in the system there should be a mugshot. Although like I said when it comes to solano county criminal justice system last I knew was way behind the times on getting modernized.

b18bturboek9
05-11-2009, 10:47 PM
more non sense and waste of tax payers money and time