PDA

View Full Version : Browning Buck Mark: Cleaning

ronas
05-07-2009, 5:56 PM
How much trouble to field strip Browning Buck Mark; say compared to Beretta 92 FS which takes maybe 5 or 10 second to remove slide, barrel, and spring. I'd like to get a 22 cal semi-auto pistol. I've heard some like Ruger are a bit of a job to strip, like you may even have to use tools.

SCMA-1
05-07-2009, 6:23 PM
How much trouble to field strip Browning Buck Mark; say compared to Beretta 92 FS which takes maybe 5 or 10 second to remove slide, barrel, and spring. I'd like to get a 22 cal semi-auto pistol. I've heard some like Ruger are a bit of a job to strip, like you may even have to use tools.

Buckmark is a great pistol but to strip for cleaning requires the removal of some screws. The Ruger Mk1,II, III's are quick to strip but until you figure out "how", it's kind of strange. I think anything you choose will be fine once you've done it a few times.:)

SCMA-1

WyoDuner
05-07-2009, 8:18 PM
Buckmark is a bit of a pain... You have to remove the 2 alan head screws on top. The problem is that after a while the lock washers wear out and don't keep the screws secure. I just put a little dab of loc-tite on the screws now to keep them from loosening.

Still, not a big deal. Sure beats the time I spend cleaning the AR-15....

high_revs
05-07-2009, 8:23 PM
Many thanks to m_freeeman for this post when he responded to mine re: cleaning the buckmark.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=180361&highlight=browning

hybridatsun350
05-07-2009, 8:44 PM
The Buckmark has to be the biggest pain in the *** to strip of any gun ever made. I really like the pistol, but it's just such a pain to strip and clean.

too old for this
08-31-2009, 11:14 AM
I just recently moved back to CA and joined calguns.com. I have a Buckmark target gun which I purchased new in St. Louis, MO. It came with only one allen wrench, however. When I started to strip it down for cleaning per the directions in the manual, I ran in to all kinds of problems. Luckily, Browning has a repair center about 15 miles south of St. Louis. So I took the gun there. They too one look at my attempt to do a field strip and asked why I did it that way. Told them that was what their book said to do and all they would say is that the book is wrong and what I did was dumb. They were very helpful and also provided me with all the needed allen wrenches. I will not attempt to repeat their field strip and cleaning instruction they gave for fear of stating something incorrectly. But I have seen some good you-tube clips. Myself, I love this gun. It's my favorite just which I could find straight 22 handgun shooting competitions in the Bay Area.

Peace, loving and good shooting to all.