PDA

View Full Version : Email from Father in law on Gun Control

geo5120
05-07-2009, 4:30 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong area.

"Thought you might be interested. On the Glenn Beck show today, (and I saw this on another show earlier in the week.) Has to do with States Rights. Texas, Montana, Utah, are passing legislation which states that any guns, or ammo, manufactured in the respective state and kept within the state, are immune from federal regulation. This legislation has already passed in Montana, supposed to take effect in October 2009. According to the judge who is the advisor for Fox News, this has a good chance of passing the Supreme Court. Sounds like the states are getting fed up with the Feds interfering with everything. Interesting."

kalguns
05-07-2009, 4:33 PM
NICE!
:79:

nooner
05-07-2009, 4:45 PM
Interesting.

evan69
05-07-2009, 4:51 PM
THis makes me happy.

mydogsmonkey
05-07-2009, 5:02 PM
wow sounds good to me, maaaybe someday ca can be like that

Tillers_Rule
05-07-2009, 5:06 PM
Now if only we could get that in California....it could happen!!

Pvt. Cowboy
05-07-2009, 5:14 PM
Utah is getting involved too, then Nevada. The intention is to overturn Wickard vs. Filburn and the onerous Federal command over the US Commerce Clause.

This will leave California in a terrible quandry: They already have adopted medicinal marijuana and were appalled to lose the 'Raich' case to the Fed power through regulating commerce, but at the same time they want to preserve Wickard vs. Filburn because both California senators like to run and hide behind the Commerce Clause when gun control is the motive... and also limiting out of state competition to Queen Dianne Feinstein's billionaire husband's business practices with China.

Oh, just wait until the marijuana people see the state of California write an amicus brief in favor of the Federal government if these Montana/Utah cases end up in the US Supreme Court.

Thank heavens that the incompetent boob Eric Holder is in charge of the US Justice Dept.

DDT
05-07-2009, 5:17 PM
It will be an interesting ride watching the state rights fight. To imagine CA AG might file an amicus brief supporting 2A rights in order to protect marijuana use.

CSACANNONEER
05-07-2009, 5:20 PM
Sub guns and DDs for all! Now, where did I put those $25 Sten kits? Yea, I know, I'll have to wait two weeks or move to another state but, I can dream.

redneckshootist
05-07-2009, 5:31 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong area.

"Thought you might be interested. On the Glenn Beck show today, (and I saw this on another show earlier in the week.) Has to do with States Rights. Texas, Montana, Utah, are passing legislation which states that any guns, or ammo, manufactured in the respective state and kept within the state, are immune from federal regulation. This legislation has already passed in Montana, supposed to take effect in October 2009. According to the judge who is the advisor for Fox News, this has a good chance of passing the Supreme Court. Sounds like the states are getting fed up with the Feds interfering with everything. Interesting."

I hadent heard about this in utah or texas anybody have a link to the utah bill? I would love to call my uncle and talk to him about it.

CitaDeL
05-07-2009, 6:45 PM
This has some important repercussions to the Federal GFSZ,.. in that a firearm manufactured and originating in California is not subject to the prohibition- since the firearm is not involved in interstate commerce.

States asserting their soveriegnty in this way are only reaffirming what is natural and lawful.

Its very surprising though that a antigunner would be interested in this though... maybe a convert in the make?

Kid Stanislaus
05-07-2009, 7:10 PM
The federal government has become EXACTLYwhat our forefathers had feared it would.

JDoe
05-07-2009, 7:11 PM
I hadent heard about this in utah or texas anybody have a link to the utah bill? I would love to call my uncle and talk to him about it.

HT to Shirow for posting this link http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6367553 in this thread http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=181149

Utah legislators eye Montana gun law
May 4th, 2009 @ 8:05am
By Andrew Adams

SALT LAKE CITY -- Utah lawmakers are considering following Montana's lead and claiming state's rights in the war over gun control.

The Montana Legislature passed and its governor signed into law a measure making guns that are made and kept within state boundaries exempt from federal regulations. That means they're exempt from things like background checks, licensing and registration.

Several Utah lawmakers want to do the same thing here. They say President Barack Obama and the Congress are anti-gun and will infringe on states' rights.

Rep. Carl Wimmer, R-Herriman, tells the Salt Lake Tribune he or another Utah lawmaker will introduce a similar measure next year.

Rep. Ken Sumsion, R-American Fork, told the Tribune he wishes he'd thought of it and would support such a measure "in a heartbeat."

But some legislators, like Rep. Rebecca Chavez-Houck, D-Salt Lake City, have reservations. They say Montana's law is expected to face legal challenges and they don't want the same thing to happen in Utah.

BigBamBoo
05-07-2009, 7:20 PM

bernieb90
05-07-2009, 9:12 PM
Not sure about you guys, but I would trade California gun laws for what the Feds have right now in a heartbeat. No AW ban, no magazine capacity restrictions, and SBRs, and suppressors for all (with tax stamps of course). I doubt that we will ever have less restictions than the Feds with the way things are going.

smallshot13
05-07-2009, 9:36 PM
Excuse the newb butting into this scholarly debate, but CA is “like that” now. We have boldly asserted our right to flout Federal law by allowing legal use of marijuana. If we can do it for the weed, why can’t we do it for 2A? We did it with mandated vehicle emissions controls and boldly took the Feds to court over it. So we have the will and the power, it is just misdirected.

Blue
05-07-2009, 9:40 PM
Excuse the newb butting into this scholarly debate, but CA is “like that” now. We have boldly asserted our right to flout Federal law by allowing legal use of marijuana. If we can do it for the weed, why can’t we do it for 2A? We did it with mandated vehicle emissions controls and boldly took the Feds to court over it. So we have the will and the power, it is just misdirected.

There seems to be more pro weed people than pro 2a people in CA, which is our biggest problem.

KylaGWolf
05-07-2009, 10:24 PM

Because unfortunately its those same legislators that tell us guns are bad and gave us a bunch of laws they think are great at stopping crime when in truth make it even EASIER for them to commit the crimes in the first place. . Personally I think marijuana use is bad but then I am deadly allergic to the stuff so I would prefer if people did NOT smoke the stuff outside.