PDA

View Full Version : Sig 250, LE only, WTF??

Tillers_Rule
05-07-2009, 3:58 PM
I was at So Cal Gun(s) and they had quite the large selection of handguns in stock, one of them being a Sig 250. The label on it said "LE only" but WTF, this was a nice little pistol. The levers were all flush up against the side as not to catch on anything when holstering/unholstering.

Maybe when "The List" goes away I can pick one up!:)

This is a bad little gun!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/Tillers_Rule/P250-C-N-detail-L.jpg

HappyG
05-07-2009, 4:00 PM
If you want it, you can't have it. Seems to be the CA way as far as guns are concerned...

Is the 250 smaller then the 220?

ajaffe
05-07-2009, 4:37 PM
Yes. But to be fair they are only offered in 9mm in both So Cal and AMC in Kearney Mesa. Also, the beauty of the 250 is the registered part is the fire control group, so you can change calibers, slides, and frame sizes to fit your needs. Meaning you could buy a 250 and have a subcompact, compact, and full size handgun in 9, 357sig, 40, and 45.

sorensen440
05-07-2009, 4:38 PM
I was at So Cal Gun(s) and they had quite the large selection of handguns in stock, one of them being a Sig 250. The label on it said "LE only" but WTF, this was a nice little pistol. The levers were all flush up against the side as not to catch on anything when holstering/unholstering.

Put a want to buy add up in the marketplace
has to be ppt only and expect to pay a couple hundred over what they go for in other parts of the country.

trendar5
05-07-2009, 6:48 PM
I had one, and I found that with the DAO trigger, it shot very slow. Felt great in the hand.

leelaw
05-07-2009, 9:01 PM
I've got one in .45. The trigger pull is nice, but I've always liked the feel of Sig's DAO triggers; however, it is loooooooooong.

The pistol is accurate as all heck, and I love the idea behind it, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the execution.

slick_711
05-07-2009, 9:09 PM

My Sig Rep told me today "DOJ told us 30 days." But he told us a year ago "probably a few months." So if there's any truth to it I'll believe it in 31 days. Not terribly hopeful in the meantime. :p

markw
05-07-2009, 9:12 PM
Was it a consignment gun? If so it's used and you can ppt one of those.

Thunderbird
05-07-2009, 9:19 PM
+1 on everything said about the 250. It does feel great in your hand and shoots nice. The DA trigger is smooth and consistent but it is quite long.

One poster asked about the comparison to the 220, whether the 250 is smaller. The answer is yes and no. In its primary configuration (comes from Sig as a compact, no matter the caliber) it is smaller than a 220. I would describe the size as a little bigger than the 229.

BUT as one poster said, the fire control group is the registered part so everything else is modular and interchangable. So you can switch from sub-compact frame and slide to full size frame and slide without a sweat.

Also, this pistol is lighter than most of Sigs offerings being that it is the only one with a polymer frame.

Trader Jack
05-07-2009, 9:22 PM
Put a want to buy add up in the marketplace
has to be ppt only and expect to pay a couple hundred over what they go for in other parts of the country.

BUT only 15 round magazines. There are no ten round mags made for the gun.:cool:

Thunderbird
05-07-2009, 9:31 PM
If they start making these in CA legal configuration (10 round mags) hit me up. I am a Sig dealer and I would give you a fair price no matter where you live. IF it is legal of course.

Overrall Sig seems to be pretty friendly with Californians. Everytime I get updated inventory they have CA legal stuff. I would imagine that the 250 wont be far behind.

CalNRA
05-07-2009, 10:07 PM
now even I'm interested in the 250. I have a few boxes of 45 around and would like the option of something that can use both 40SW and 45Auto.

Thunderbird
05-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Its worth mentioning that the 250 is somewhat limited with regards to the size of the grip module that can be used with .45 ACP. I dont think you can go to the smaller sizes.

domokun
05-08-2009, 12:21 AM
I've got one in .45. The trigger pull is nice, but I've always liked the feel of Sig's DAO triggers; however, it is loooooooooong.

The pistol is accurate as all heck, and I love the idea behind it, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the execution.

I agree. It feels like an eternity and then some before the trigger breaks. :cool:

Sam
05-08-2009, 12:41 AM
I like the idea behind the Sig 250, but double action only? Ick...

loosewreck
05-08-2009, 2:39 AM
I hope I have the $$$ and timing when one of these go up on the for-sale section.

I don't mind the DAO, if its anything like all other Sig's DA pull it'll be sweet. I dry fire my Sigs in DA a lot anyway.

9mmlaw
05-08-2009, 4:13 AM
I would imagine that the 250 wont be far behind.

I doubt it. It needs to have a mag disconnect and LCI. It does not appear to have either. I would be surprised to see SIG modify this pistol for CA.

downfall
05-08-2009, 5:53 AM
The trigger reset is about a mile an a half long and the interchangeable parts are not available. In addition there have been many reports of light primer strikes. SIG ain't what it used to be.

SONYEXEC
05-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Bought a 250 in AZ and have sent about 250 rounds through it. I had one jam at about the 60 round mark but I attribute that to it being a new gun. Fun gun and I agree with others on the trigger comments.

sorensen440
05-08-2009, 12:21 PM
BUT only 15 round magazines. There are no ten round mags made for the gun.:cool:
Would not be hard to modify

TonyM
05-08-2009, 1:06 PM

Not true.

I can get 8 round P250 Compact .45ACP mags and 10 round P250 Non-Compact .45ACP mags all day long.

I handled one that a friend had and also disliked the trigger. I went with the Walther PPS in .40 instead. It's nice and thin.

bigcalidave
05-08-2009, 1:20 PM
I don't really get the idea. It's cool that you can switch between models, but how is that really functional. With how much the parts cost, you could just get yourself a good subcompact, fullsize, compact of whatever calibers you want. And you would be able to go out and shoot them all without disassembling the gun each time. What happens when the zombies come. The rest of us will have a backpack full of functional guns, and the p250 owner will have to choose one, because carrying all the added weight in parts that can't fire is pointless!

Thunderbird
05-08-2009, 1:35 PM
I personally feel that when the zombies come I would prefer 1 maybe 2 guns in the same caliber. if you must carry the weight, let that weight be ammo, not guns and parts. I actually do like the overall feel and concept of the 250, just that trigger. Even as far as DAO goes I don't like it. plenty smooth, but way too long

bigcalidave
05-08-2009, 1:43 PM
Gotta have a few extras for the people who didn't think it was gonna happen and aren't prepared... But yeah, a ton of ammo ;)

bplvr
05-12-2009, 9:39 PM
Any chance that another Sig mag will interchange? Case in point,I bought a Sig 2022 9mm and could NOT locate 10 round mags.Well the 10 round mags for the Sig 2009 9mm are identical. {and they are easy to find}

.... Mr. T-Bird ,.....glad to see you on the forums ....

I just noticed how similar our avatars are ....

pTa
05-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Re: P250
an even better idea in places where handgun ownership is tighter than Cali

they exist- I was in Germany and there its a real mad house of paperwork to buy 1 handgun.
there the 250 would be great as you wouldn't need to go through the process over and again.

9mmlaw
05-13-2009, 7:03 AM
Any chance that another Sig mag will interchange? Case in point,I bought a Sig 2022 9mm and could NOT locate 10 round mags.Well the 10 round mags for the Sig 2009 9mm are identical. {and they are easy to find}

That is because the 2022 and 2009 are the same gun, they just changed the model number.

Untamed1972
05-13-2009, 9:15 AM
There is an article about the P250 in a recent issue of Combat Tactics magazine. Don't remember the specific month of the issue, but I have it at home (got it for free at the last gun show), I can check it if you want.