PDA

View Full Version : Sig 220 combat trigger help please.

Mississippi
05-07-2009, 9:58 AM
Hello calgunners!

I just shot my Sig 220 combat last night. It's my first Sig. I hate the trigger pull. There is so much play in the trigger and I hate it. I have a Kimber warrior and the trigger is so much better.

Can custom trigger work be done to the Sig 220 combat? If so what and who would you use?

Thanks for the help.

Erik S. Klein
05-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Sig does a "trigger action job" (Action Enancement Package) at the factory (http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsContent/documents/2007-SIG-Customer-Shop-Price-List.pdf). $150 for the action work, $100 for the SRT (Short Reset Trigger.)

I did both to my 220 and I love it.

Mississippi
05-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Sig does a "trigger action job" (Action Enancement Package) at the factory (http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsContent/documents/2007-SIG-Customer-Shop-Price-List.pdf). $150 for the action work, $100 for the SRT (Short Reset Trigger.)

I did both to my 220 and I love it.

I didn't know that! Does my gun store have to ship my pistol to them?

aca72
05-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Services from Gray Guns is another option.

http://www.grayguns.com/docs/smith_sig.htm

Mississippi
05-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Does the SRT make the trigger pull shorter? Guess I'm a little confused about the word reset..

Mississippi
05-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Ok I done some research. I know what reset is now. What I'm looking for is to take out a lot of the creep in the trigger. I'm used to pulling and it going bang. My sig seems to have tons of creep before it goes bang.

Josh
05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Is it creep or just the normal slack a DA/SA pistol has.

It is never going to be like a 1911 trigger since you need to have that slack in the trigger for the DA pull.

Slack is where the trigger pull has little resistance right before it stops and engages the sear. Once you hit the sear any play before the hammer drops is what is called creep.

Erik S. Klein
05-07-2009, 12:02 PM
I didn't know that! Does my gun store have to ship my pistol to them?

You can do it yourself since it's not a transfer.

They emailed me a UPS label and I just needed to box the pistol (no mags, no ammo, etc.) and bring it to the UPS substation nearby.

The work smoothed and lightened the whole trigger pull, but you'll still have about as long a trigger as always (SA or DA) and the SRT, of course, shortened the release distance before click considerably.

The end result is much nicer than the factory trigger which was, IMO, still pretty nice.

Mississippi
05-07-2009, 3:11 PM
Is it creep or just the normal slack a DA/SA pistol has.

It is never going to be like a 1911 trigger since you need to have that slack in the trigger for the DA pull.

Slack is where the trigger pull has little resistance right before it stops and engages the sear. Once you hit the sear any play before the hammer drops is what is called creep.

I must not understand the DA trigger system. Thanks guys for all the help.

Mississippi
05-07-2009, 3:14 PM
You can do it yourself since it's not a transfer.

They emailed me a UPS label and I just needed to box the pistol (no mags, no ammo, etc.) and bring it to the UPS substation nearby.

The work smoothed and lightened the whole trigger pull, but you'll still have about as long a trigger as always (SA or DA) and the SRT, of course, shortened the release distance before click considerably.

The end result is much nicer than the factory trigger which was, IMO, still pretty nice.

THanks for the shiipping info.

NiteQwill
05-07-2009, 7:37 PM
The Sig 220 will never have the same trigger as any 1911. A trigger job can easily done at home with the right parts if you wish.

AMC
05-07-2009, 8:28 PM
Get a snap cap and practice dryfiring it a few hundred times. It'll smooth out the creep in the trigger.

M. Sage
05-07-2009, 8:58 PM
You realize you're comparing a DA/SA trigger to a SA trigger, right? It'll never be the same.

The Sig 220 will never have the same trigger as any 1911.

.. unless you get a 220 single-action only. Then it's very 1911-like.

Mississippi
05-08-2009, 1:16 AM
You realize you're comparing a DA/SA trigger to a SA trigger, right? It'll never be the same.

.. unless you get a 220 single-action only. Then it's very 1911-like.

I really need to learn more about my Sig trigger system. DA/SA is all new to me. I think I will do more study and shooting before I mail it in to have trigger work done.

The only other pistol I have is my kimber warrior. I must just need more time with the sig system.

Thanks for all the help.