PDA

View Full Version : A list of companies for you to stop patronizing

sega18
05-07-2009, 5:57 AM
http://www.pinkpistols.org/antigun.html

After scoping out enemy terrain, I came across this list of companies that apparently supports the anti gunners.

No more starbucks or sara lee products for you!

berg
05-07-2009, 7:12 AM
What I see is a very long list of business names but nothing as to why each one is anti-gun.

I would like to know what are the specific policies of each that is so offensive. That way I can write to the one I boycott and tell them exactly what they are doing that upsets me.

glock_this
05-07-2009, 7:27 AM
Spike Lee... anti gun.. but no problem using guns in his movies that make him money :eek:

D53
05-07-2009, 7:44 AM
How is Aerosmith anti gun when they had a arcade game where you kill people to their music? One more reason why I can't stand that group.
I dont know who did the commentery for the review:
<embed style = "height:385px !important; width:480px !important;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://xml.truveo.com/eb/i/715052494/a/58ef677afb89fc040e3dec6de7dd6c26/p/1" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" scale="noScale" salign="TL" bgcolor="#000000" flashvars="mediaId=1034036&affiliateId=34929&allowFullScreen=true&autoStart=true" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" height=" 347" width=" 425"></embed><H1 style="font:bold 0.8em arial;padding:0;margin:5px;">Watch more <a href="http://video.aol.com/channel/revver" target="_top" title="Revver videos">Revver videos</a> on <a href="http://video.aol.com/" target="_top" title="AOL Video">AOL Video</a></H1>

maschronic
05-07-2009, 7:46 AM
sweet!!!! baskin robbins isn't on the list!! :)

Theseus
05-07-2009, 7:52 AM
That game, IIRC, used CD's as projectiles, not bullets. This means they don't like guns that shoot bullets, but CD's are A-OK!

How is Aerosmith anti gun when they had a arcade game where you kill people to their music? One more reason why I can't stand that group.
I dont know who did the commentery for the review:
<embed style = "height:385px !important; width:480px !important;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://xml.truveo.com/eb/i/715052494/a/58ef677afb89fc040e3dec6de7dd6c26/p/1" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" scale="noScale" salign="TL" bgcolor="#000000" flashvars="mediaId=1034036&affiliateId=34929&allowFullScreen=true&autoStart=true" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" height=" 347" width=" 425"></embed><H1 style="font:bold 0.8em arial;padding:0;margin:5px;">Watch more <a href="http://video.aol.com/channel/revver" target="_top" title="Revver videos">Revver videos</a> on <a href="http://video.aol.com/" target="_top" title="AOL Video">AOL Video</a></H1>

D53
05-07-2009, 7:56 AM
Maybe its just me but most of these people made/make movies that glorify guns and or shooting/killing in their movies which make them tons of money, yet when they dont make money from guns, guns are bad :rolleyes:

Didnt these guys make a career using guns in movies?

Costner, Kevin - Actor: Wyatt Earp (not tombstone), Untouchables

Connery, Sean - Actor: 007

Damon, Matt - Actor : Borne Trilogy made him pretty wealthy

Donner, Richard: Didnt he produce the Lethal Weapon series?

Garcia, Andy - Actor: Untouchables

Hawke, Ethan: Lord of War, Training Day, assault on precinct 13

Leguizamo, John - Actor: Empire, assault on precinct 13

Mase - Singer: listen to his music

Sedgwick, Kyra - Actress: doesnt she have a show where she uses a gun as a cop or some special agent

Sheen, Martin - Actor: The departed

D53
05-07-2009, 7:57 AM
That game, IIRC, used CD's as projectiles, not bullets. This means they don't like guns that shoot bullets, but CD's are A-OK!

ahh gotcha, its not that tools that kill people are bad, its just that guns are the only tools that kill people that are bad :thumbsup: :sleeping:

soundwave
05-07-2009, 8:14 AM
There goes my social life :)

I am interested to know how the listed companies are anti-gun/2a.

spareparts
05-07-2009, 8:24 AM
I'd be interested, too, in knowing how some of the listed business are perceived anti-gun.

Glock22Fan
05-07-2009, 8:35 AM
I boycot "76" gas stations and other Conoco Philips stations because Conoco Philips (who own "76") has been pushing for a law that would stop you entering gas stations with a firearm in your car, however locked up unloaded and even if you have a CCW. It would kind of make it hard to take your guns more than a few miles from home, wouldn't it, if you weren't allowed to fill up en route?

And I avoid Sara Lee products.

WatchMan
05-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Man alive! Would it not be easier to list which celebrities are NOT anti-gun? At least Kiefer Sutherland isn't on there.....

Also, I can still enjoy Charlie Brown :thumbsup:

1BigPea
05-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I would like to know about the companies as well...how they got listed as anti-gun.

I'm glad Costco isn't on there, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't buy barrels of butter and wedges of cheese that weigh 30lbs!! I do love that place though.

I figured most actors and singers and such would be anti gun since they all seem to lean to the left anyways.

sharpie613
05-07-2009, 10:26 AM
The list of anti-gun individuals is somewhat out of date. Hume Cronyn has been dead for almost 6 years. If memory serves, most of the underlined people are dead and have been for quite some time.

Futurecollector
05-07-2009, 10:33 AM
DONT GO TO WAL-MART THEY HATE GUNS :43:

burl broderick
05-07-2009, 10:46 AM

After scoping out enemy terrain

???

Were you marching with a million moms ?

PonchoTA
05-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Maybe its just me but most of these people made/make movies that glorify guns and or shooting/killing in their movies which make them tons of money, yet when they dont make money from guns, guns are bad :rolleyes:

I find it hard to believe that Kevin Costner is anti-gun. I met him in a Big 5 a few months ago, buying ammo!
He seems to go shooting pretty regularly.

I'd have to see more proof other than one site saying so.

:TFH:

sega18
05-07-2009, 10:57 AM
???

Were you marching with a million moms ?

Hell no!
(sarcasm)I don't know who exactly is or isn't anti gun, but why would the antis lie? (/sarcasm)

mydogsmonkey
05-07-2009, 4:07 PM
dang no more starbucks for me, but eh, mcdonalds not on there, hows their coffee?

B Strong
05-07-2009, 4:14 PM

Nonsense.

Joe Perry is a shooter and collector. He also owns NFA weapons.

Steven Tyler has talked about hunting as a kid, and he sure didn't sound anti-gun during that interview.

Legasat
05-07-2009, 4:43 PM
That is quote a list. Looking at the list, I do pretty well.

383green
05-07-2009, 4:55 PM
I regularly tell the folks at my local Starbucks that if they sold gasoline and ammo, I wouldn't have to shop anywhere else.

sgtlmj
05-07-2009, 5:07 PM
Nonsense.

Steven Tyler has talked about hunting as a kid, and he sure didn't sound anti-gun during that interview.

+1, I have heard Ted Nugent talk about this as well.

clonepsi
05-07-2009, 5:12 PM
I avoid some of these companies anyway because they have an outwardly liberal agenda( Ben and Jerry's, Starbucks).

383green
05-07-2009, 5:27 PM
I avoid some of these companies anyway because they have an outwardly liberal agenda( Ben and Jerry's, Starbucks).

I avoid Ben and Jerry's for that reason, but Starbucks has me under their alkaloid-induced mind control. I balance things out a bit by frequently showing up wearing camo and suggesting that they sell ammo, though.

I know they're getting paid for it, but I still like it when the employees remember my name and my favorite drink. Especially when the barista is cute... :whistling:

Bob Ragen
05-07-2009, 9:23 PM
Willie Nelson! Say it ain't so. I refuse to believe it.

KylaGWolf
05-07-2009, 9:56 PM
Ok the American Firearms Association is anti gun? then again you click on the link and comes up with a 404 error.

I knew 7-11 was a big time anti gun from when I used to work for them.

ok this sucks I can't wear Levi's anymore? As for Starbucks while I don't agree with their politics they are the only place near my school that has a half way decent latte. So not going to give them up until there is an alternative.

According to NRA Kevin Bacon is anti gun. After going through the list of actors I find it sad that those that make a small fortune on movies with guns then speak out against them. Although after reading that list I wonder just how accurate it is since we all know how the media will spin things so some of the hollywood set may not be as anti-gun as it sounded.

Sinixstar
05-08-2009, 1:54 AM

Mase actually retired after a few other rappers got shot and killed. Big part of why he retired, and also part of why he took up an anti-gun stance. If i'm not mistaken, he's a minister now.

Turo
05-08-2009, 2:24 AM
hmm, starbucks... honestly, who wouldn't have figured them as anti-gun? Although I really only go in there to talk with friends, I will say that there's a bag of their dark roast in my kitchen... tasty stuff.

JagerTroop
05-08-2009, 3:28 AM

Costner, Kevin - Actor: Wyatt Earp (not tombstone), Untouchables 3000 miles to Graceland ( lots of guns and killing)

Connery, Sean - Actor: 007 Untouchables

Hawke, Ethan: Lord of War(he was actually anti gun in the movie), Training Day, assault on precinct 13

Leguizamo, John - Actor: Empire, assault on precinct 13 Executive Decision

Sedgwick, Kyra - Actress: doesnt she have a show where she uses a gun as a cop or some special agent She played a mob hitman in 'Montana'

Sheen, Martin - Actor: The departed, Apocolypse Now

F'ing hypocrites

JagerTroop
05-08-2009, 3:30 AM

After scoping out enemy terrain, I came across this list of companies that apparently supports the anti gunners.

No more starbucks or sara lee products for you!

Dang! That doesn't leave us very many places to shop

tacobueno
05-08-2009, 4:48 AM
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/factsheets/read.aspx?ID=15

Another list by the NRA that I found when searching out why Matt Damon was anti-gun.

PonchoTA
05-08-2009, 6:51 AM
Now, for the alternative question:

Is there a list somewhere of businesses that DO support the 2A, NRA and self-defense ideologies that we could support??

Those would be well worth supporting IMHO, but unless we know who they are, it's hard to know where to spend money.

soundwave
05-08-2009, 8:19 AM
Willie Nelson! Say it ain't so. I refuse to believe it.

Isn't Willie a hippie stoner kinda guy? I know those people aren't into guns.

Glock22Fan
05-08-2009, 9:06 AM
Quite a few actors play murderers, rapists, serial killers, drug dealers etc etc. Do you really expect them to be pro-murder, pro-rape or pro-drug dealing as a result?

"Oh look, he played Himmler in a movie, but now he says he's totally against genocide. What a hypocritical schmuck!"

On the other hand, feel free to boycott their movies if you want to - that's your perogative.

The Wingnut
05-08-2009, 5:05 PM
Carrie Fisher - Actress

http://www.posterpalace.com/images/ak/bluesbroscarrielc.jpg

Roadrunner
05-08-2009, 6:36 PM
You can't just boycott the world and expect them to come around. Unless, someone can show me that antigun propaganda originates from these companies, I think it's unrealistic to turn your back on every company that, out of ignorance, regurgitates the antigun party line. I think that spreading the word through word of mouth when ever you can will change peoples minds faster than depriving yourself of resources and choices that society offers.

Unfortunately, we have decades of false information to cut through. These people generally speaking are not firearms enthusiasts, some may have never even seen a gun up close and personal, and as much as it pains me to say this, history and government were probably not their best subject in school. So, like wolves among sheep, the Brady's, VPC, and politicians go to these people and proselytize their religion of antigun hate, by wrapping it in a colorful package and present it as peace, safety, and security.

We know what the truth is, and it is our job to be ambassadors and lead by example and show them that what they have been taught are lies.

clonepsi
05-08-2009, 6:49 PM
Mark Harmon? SYLVESTER STALLONE? What the f***!

Harrison_Bergeron
05-08-2009, 7:02 PM

After scoping out enemy terrain...

Who is the enemy that this is in reference to?

Amacias805
05-08-2009, 7:08 PM
What I see is a very long list of business names but nothing as to why each one is anti-gun.

I would like to know what are the specific policies of each that is so offensive. That way I can write to the one I boycott and tell them exactly what they are doing that upsets me.

I agree. i think that unless this list allowed you to see exactly what the basis of the claim is, and to what extent the support was given, the list is garbage.

i mean i dont see 7eleven compaining anti gun laws or the Clorox Corporation either.

Bad Voodoo
05-08-2009, 8:03 PM

What's the first rule of liberalism? HYPOCRISY. :thumbsup:

ar15newbster
05-09-2009, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=D53;2439707]Maybe its just me but most of these people made/make movies that glorify guns and or shooting/killing in their movies which make them tons of money, yet when they dont make money from guns, guns are bad :rolleyes:

Sedgwick, Kyra - Actress: doesnt she have a show where she uses a gun as a cop or some special agent

Sheen, Martin - Actor: The departed[/QUOTe

Now I know why people buy bootleg movies.

D53
05-09-2009, 1:48 PM
Nonsense.

I only quoted them because they were on the list of anti gun supporters. I have personal reasons that I dont care for their music, not really a personal attack. I just though it was kind of funny that they made money with an arcade that used a futuristic assault weapon that uses cds instead of bullets, yet they still kill people all the same, and that they are on the anti gun support list.

paul0660
05-09-2009, 1:59 PM
Now I know why people buy bootleg movies

BUY???????????

Model X
05-09-2009, 2:17 PM
BUY???????????

Yeah you can buy bootlegs. Or you can download em.... at least thats what my buddy was sayin, but he was talkin about a different country.

umoja
05-09-2009, 2:42 PM
The list doesn't really seem to correspond to what people are saying in this thread, and I find the surplus of 404's questionable.

I don't think that boycotting a company is really useful unless you can do it on a massive scale, and it's doubtful that it could happen on that large of a scale because a lot of people buy from these companies already. It's probably better for us to support pro-2A companies.

sergeantrex
05-09-2009, 3:19 PM
ELI WALLACH? Played the Mexican guy on the Good the Bad and the Ugly! My favorite movie! Say it aint so eli!

PonchoTA
05-09-2009, 3:36 PM
The list doesn't really seem to correspond to what people are saying in this thread, and I find the surplus of 404's questionable.

I don't think that boycotting a company is really useful unless you can do it on a massive scale, and it's doubtful that it could happen on that large of a scale because a lot of people buy from these companies already. It's probably better for us to support pro-2A companies.
Once again, I ask does anybody know (or can we start) a list of companies that DO support the 2A and gun rights in general??

This would be a very valuable thing I think!
:thumbsup:

05-09-2009, 3:40 PM
Thanks for the list!

FEDUPWBS
05-09-2009, 4:34 PM
I find it hard to believe that Kevin Costner is anti-gun. I met him in a Big 5 a few months ago, buying ammo!
He seems to go shooting pretty regularly.

I'd have to see more proof other than one site saying so.

:TFH:

Dianne Feinstein shoots regularly to maintain her CCW. So whats your point?

DJ Skillz
05-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Isn't Willie a hippie stoner kinda guy? I know those people aren't into guns.

Doesn't seem too anti-gun to me:
(see 4:25 :thumbsup: )

_JZUHFuklo8

jman11
05-24-2009, 3:07 PM

Sheen, Martin - Actor: The departed
well, gotta pay the mortgage....

B Strong
05-24-2009, 3:51 PM
Dianne Feinstein shoots regularly to maintain her CCW. So whats your point?

My inside man in SF told me that when she received her permit, she did not qualify at the range, has never qualified since, and surrendered the permit years back.

He's one of us, he's not a fan of hers, so the man has no reason to tell tall tales.

MrClamperSir
05-24-2009, 5:54 PM
How can verify any of this? My old man told me about AT&T years and years ago but I can't seem to verify that.

CA_Libertarian
05-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Add Krogers Company stores to the list. Details can be found here (http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/25870.html).

Vectrexer
05-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Another reason to stop going to "AMC Theatres". No big stretch there since they already have the worst popcorn of any large or small chain.

CALI-gula
05-25-2009, 1:16 AM
This list is clearly VERY old, at LEAST by 10 years, as I see many names on it for people that died more than several years ago. Lloyd Bridges? (Died March 10, 1998) / Jack Lemmon? (Died June 27, 2001) / Rod Steiger? (Died July 9, 2002) / Hume Cronyn? (Died June 15, 2003) / Gregory Peck? (Died June 12, 2003) / Spalding Gray? (Died January 10, 2004). Sharon Stone? (Her CAREER Died with the release of Basic Instinct 2 on March 31, 2006). And there are a dozen or so others on that list that have died in the past 3 years. In any case, the dead time-stamp the list, so I would prefer a more up to date list before I take it as gospel.

Also, people change - they do change their minds. They might not keep the same political bias or be naive all their lives. They may educate themselves on matters where they had previously been belligerent.

Steven Tyler of Aerosmith has a CCW in New York for what it's worth. Maybe he changed his tune? And Madonna has taken to hunting and shooting sports over the last few years. People can change, so be a bit speculative about who appears on the list.

nagorb
05-25-2009, 2:57 AM
Once again, I ask does anybody know (or can we start) a list of companies that DO support the 2A and gun rights in general??

This would be a very valuable thing I think!
:thumbsup:

I've seen a quite a few lists of anti 2A companies/persons but would love to see a pro 2A list!

CLUTCH
05-25-2009, 8:05 AM
I've seen a quite a few lists of anti 2A companies/persons but would love to see a pro 2A list!

i realy doubt any companys are gonna come out and say that they are pro 2A even if they are.. i mean if i was running a huge company i sure as hell would not come out and say im pro guns cuss id prolly see a drop in sales.. well thats my opinion.

motorhead
05-25-2009, 8:51 AM
not surprising.
perhaps we need something on a more positive note. a pro-gun list. face it, you can't swing a dead cat in ca without hitting a couple antis. we need to support those who have the courage to stand for their 2A rights publicly, regardless of the peer pressure.

626Tony
05-25-2009, 3:10 PM
wow i had no idea on most of these

Seesm
05-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Ahhh we have to focus on the GOOD and the supporters of 2A.... F all the others. Fight the good fight kids!! :)