PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Area FFL's that accept whole CA legal rifles

Jel
05-06-2009, 2:05 PM
Just curious. If I purchase a whole AR rifle from an out of state FFL and that dealer is willing to make the rifle CA compliant by installing a BB, does the upper need to be separated from the lower in order to ship it? Or can they just ship the whole complete rifle to an CA FFL?

The reason I ask, is one FFL I deal with will only accept the lowers and said that the out of state dealer ship the upper to my home address.

Can CA FFL's receive complete CA compliant AR rifles from an out of state dealer?

wildhawker
05-06-2009, 4:38 PM
Yes; you may wish to contact Bay Area Gun Vault in Mt. View (fairly close to you).

ronin16
05-06-2009, 6:43 PM
Any idea how much Bay Area Gun Vault charges for an out of state transfer? $60????

Jel
05-07-2009, 7:58 AM
Yes; you may wish to contact Bay Area Gun Vault in Mt. View (fairly close to you).

Thanks Wildhawker! :thumbsup:

bootcamp
05-07-2009, 1:23 PM
I've dealt with a few FFLs within the last month all in the sf bay and I would put all my confidence and savings with Irvington Arms. They know their stuff with AK/AR OLLs and they aren't afraid to say it. Ask them what their out of state dros fees are and then compare to the other guys.

Another bay area ffl was going to charge me $75 + dros + full purchase sales tax.

Another bay area ffl said that the DOJ would yank his FFL is he dros'd any AK variants.

Another wouldn't take a dros cause his safe was full?!

I still have a handful of go-to FFLs that I would use but the guys at Irvington do the OLL stuff with much more confidence than other FFLs, plus they were one of the pioneers to the bay area OLL transfer movement!

Jel
05-07-2009, 7:20 PM
I've pretty much only heard good things about Irvington Arms. I can't believe I've never been there. I'm going to have to check them out. Thanks for the suggestions.

wildhawker
05-07-2009, 8:19 PM
I've pretty much only heard good things about Irvington Arms. I can't believe I've never been there. I'm going to have to check them out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Very good people there as well. Don't hesitate to shop at IA, and say hello to Dave for me.

lpspinner
05-07-2009, 9:50 PM
You may wanna check out City Arms in Pacifica. Don't know if they'll do a whole rifle, but I have transfered an AK receiver there before.

rbetts
05-07-2009, 10:43 PM
If the Bay Area doesn't work for you, here in Sactown, I can help you. I just sent 2 Bullet buttons to a dealer that we found that was willing to install them to transfer their complete rifles to CA. With a quick conversation most Out of State dealers that I have spoken with see the value of selling into the state for a 5 minute install of the BB.

35 Transfer and 25.00 DROS here in Fair Oaks,

Rob

Jel
05-08-2009, 6:20 PM
You may wanna check out City Arms in Pacifica. Don't know if they'll do a whole rifle, but I have transfered an AK receiver there before.

Nope, they will only receive the lower. I do deal with them frequently as they are only 5 minutes away from me.

Dimitry is a good guy and pretty funny to boot.

"C'mon all of you young rich people....who wants to spend some money?!"

Go Packers!
05-08-2009, 7:11 PM
Contact Roger's Relics in Santa Clara. They are a retired couple working out of their home. Nice folks. Total cost for rifles is $65. They only work by appt.
Call 408.247.5379

Ishoot
05-08-2009, 7:26 PM
Nope, they will only receive the lower. I do deal with them frequently as they are only 5 minutes away from me.

Yeah , that bastard's gotten me a couple of times at least. :yes:

BB63Squid
05-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Contact Roger's Relics in Santa Clara. They are a retired couple working out of their home. Nice folks. Total cost for rifles is $65. They only work by appt.
Call 408.247.5379

Roger and Lisa...good people!:thumbsup:

MontClaire
05-09-2009, 12:38 AM

What he said. City Arms likes only receivers. Dmitriy is a great guy, so as Bob. Vlad is an idiot.
good luck.

Jel
05-12-2009, 10:47 PM
If the Bay Area doesn't work for you, here in Sactown, I can help you. I just sent 2 Bullet buttons to a dealer that we found that was willing to install them to transfer their complete rifles to CA. With a quick conversation most Out of State dealers that I have spoken with see the value of selling into the state for a 5 minute install of the BB.

35 Transfer and 25.00 DROS here in Fair Oaks,

Rob

I'll definitely keep you in mind, if ever needed.