PDA

View Full Version : WERE DO these people come from??? More anti crap

BigBamBoo
05-06-2009, 12:50 PM

ldivinag
05-06-2009, 1:00 PM
it's kinda hard to describe.

my BIL... so far left.... it sickens me.

so anti gun. when he and my sister visted with their kids, i wanted to show the kids the anime ROBOTECH.

he declined since the cover has the robotech with a "rifle"... i thought he was kidding. he wasnt.

odd part? he likes gangster/mobster type movies and tv shows.

Rivers
05-06-2009, 1:03 PM
That lecture was from 2002. A key point was regarding the Constitution being subjugated to a treaty, removing RKBA from US citizens. Feinstein was quoted in the article as saying that the 2A had never reversed a federal firearm law.

Cut to 2008. Heller. Then, more removed, Nordyke and incorporation.

Treaties cannot overrule the supreme law of the land, the US Constitution.

ColetheGun
05-06-2009, 1:05 PM

so anti gun. when he and my sister visted with their kids, i wanted to show the kids the anime ROBOTECH.

he declined since the cover has the robotech with a "rifle"... i thought he was kidding. he wasnt.

i cant stand people like that its so annoying

spddrcr
05-06-2009, 1:15 PM
parents who hide their children from big bad evil guns are the same parents who wonder how on earth could my child shoot himself or his friend. people just dont get it, when you try to protect a child from guns by not letting them be exposed to them the first thing they do if they find a real gun is pull the trigger:confused:

bodger
05-06-2009, 1:16 PM

I had a similar experience with my BIL. My dad passed away and after all other arrangements were made, my sister and my BIL and me went to my father's apartment to clear it out.
As soon as my sister and BIL realized there were some guns (no handguns, just longarms) in the dwelling, they immedaitely insisted that we call the police and have them "disposed of".
This was 1980, mind you. And no police were called. I still have the vintage Remington 870 that had belonged to my dad. Amongst others.

This article makes me puke. And also makes me glad I joined this forum and am now actively making monetary contributions to insure that dolts like this NEVER get the upper hand in the 2A fight.

Librarian
05-06-2009, 2:20 PM
See Professor Koh's wikipedia entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Hongju_Koh).

I don't count him as a friend to gun rights.

Corbin Dallas
05-06-2009, 2:26 PM

Your BIL is a dreamer and a hypocrite.

He truly believes the police will save anyone that needs it

and...

He believes he is strong enough to save his family

Of course, neither are accurate facts for your BIL.

rabagley
05-06-2009, 2:34 PM
Interesting thing about the article from OP, the author is well informed enough that he would probably agree that Mexico's gang guns are a problem of otherwise legal small-arms trafficking between governments and not of sneaking US civilian purchases across the border.

highpowermatch
05-06-2009, 2:36 PM
:puke: World drowning in idiots is more like it.

Legasat
05-06-2009, 6:13 PM
Treaties cannot overrule the supreme law of the land, the US Constitution.

There are those that disagree, and you know they will try as we hold hands and become "citizens of the world".

Not for me thanks. Call me old fashioned, but I'll just keep my faith in the US Constitution.

Roadrunner
05-06-2009, 6:20 PM
Isn't this a pre-Heller article?

I'd say ignore them, they are being legislated into irrelevance, and their philosophies are in their death throes.

radioburning
05-06-2009, 7:47 PM
Even if it's an old essay, the guy's still a bedwetter...

Librarian
05-06-2009, 7:47 PM
Isn't this a pre-Heller article?

Yes - pre-May (http://law.fordham.edu/ihtml/page3.ihtml?imac=1162&issueID=258), 2003

marksmandowntown
05-06-2009, 8:13 PM

The kids will rebel and probably join the marines. Serves your BIL right.

bodger
05-06-2009, 8:35 PM
The kids will rebel and probably join the marines. Serves your BIL right.

Or become president of the NRA. HA! Even better to spite him with. :thumbsup:

pdq_wizzard
05-06-2009, 8:41 PM
See Professor Koh's wikipedia entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Hongju_Koh).

I don't count him as a friend to gun rights.

well his wiki page says it all born Boston, Massachusetts

Mulay El Raisuli
05-07-2009, 7:11 AM
Really...I try and see things from all points of view...even when I do not agree with them. But WTF....did these people grow up in another country or planet? To be so far removed from the "real world" and to be so blinded by ones own desire to control others is just sad.

Here is more gun grabbing BS:

http://law.fordham.edu/publications/articles/500flspub11111.pdf

Peace,Stan

I think its because he either just can't think, or he's just a massive hypocrite.

Example; Russia "over produced" (his words) MILLIONS of AK-47s. AK-47s can be bought for as little as $10. Yet, the problem is with the USA???!!!

Another example; the USA is the #1 arms exporter (he claims) & as proof he states the DOLLAR amount of what we export. Well, when AK-47s are selling for only $10, & since its the NUMBERS of guns that matters, is it fair & reasonable to use the dollar amount as the yardstick?

Finally, footnote #86 made me LOL. That's where he points out that US Attorneys are working hard to prevent guns coming FROM Mexico into the USA. WAIT! Isn't it a FACT that it we run guns into Mexico? Antis can't even stick with one story to lie with!

Well, there was ONE good thing about his rant. I'd never heard of the Second Amendment Sisters before. Way to go moms!

The Raisuli

trashman
05-07-2009, 7:53 AM
I have had a running conversation with a very good friend who is anti-gun. He's otherwise a very rational person, so I just keep waving the statistics: More people are injured or killed by poisons -- *per household* even if you calculate the rates based on

100% of households having access to poisons and
only 45% of households having access to guns...

The hysteria quickly reveals itself.

--Neill

aklon
05-08-2009, 10:00 PM
If you can get an anti down to the range and let him fire a few rounds, I've found they'll perforce admit they enjoyed themselves.

Of course, those are the ones that don't blame guns so much as human nature and all they're trying to do is keep the lethality down by getting rid of guns, so in the end, you really can't talk to them.

Mayhem
05-08-2009, 11:00 PM
I agree the problem is there is enough guns in the world to arm 1 in 12 adults. I feel the solution is make more firearms and Arm the other 11. this will help resolve the major problem of there being a major imbalance of power. When you see photo's and Video's of people being killed in State sponsored Genocides you notice all the victims have one thing in common .... None of them are armed.

Nearly ALL state sponsored genocides start the same way.

1) Firearm registration - If your armed the state wants to know who you are.
2) Gun Control - Less armed people that can resist being a victim of genocide.
3) Gun Bans - Less Guns to worry about being used for resistance of genocide.
4) Gun confiscation - No guns at all and easy to implement due to #1 - No ability for intended victims to resist genocide.
5) Genocide - because the only people that have firearms are the ones committing the genocide.

One thing else that always seems to be a common similarity is that the victims fail to recognize the dangers until step # 4 or #5 have begun being implemented.

The solution is to stop the state before step one can be completed or better yet stop it before it can be started and this helps if every one is armed.

Mulay El Raisuli
05-09-2009, 6:14 AM
1) Firearm registration - If your armed the state wants to know who you are.

The solution is to stop the state before step one can be completed or better yet stop it before it can be started and this helps if every one is armed.

Just another reason why LOC (w/o a license) should be the minimum Constitutional standard.

The Raisuli

remington
05-09-2009, 7:11 AM
Koh is up for the Attorney to the Secretary of State.

http://gunowners.org/koh.htm