PDA

View Full Version : Do you still have to have a cable or trigger lock 4 trans. if have Glock Safety Lock

punisheryayarea
05-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Do you still have to have a cable lock or trigger lock 4 transportation if you have a Glock Safety Lock with key????? Is it considered a Ca locking device???? And do you have to transport you firearm in a looked container if its in the trunck? and how should you transport a firearm in a SUV?????

ironcross
05-06-2009, 1:22 PM
Do you still have to have a cable lock or trigger lock 4 transportation if you have a Glock Safety Lock with key????? Is it considered a Ca locking device???? And do you have to transport you firearm in a looked container if its in the trunck? and how should you transport a firearm in a SUV?????

You talking about the cable lock that comes with the Glocks?

OR

The Glock cases that are lockable via the built in lock?

Greg-Dawg
05-06-2009, 1:33 PM
The Glock lock is an approved CA gun lock.

Just go buy a SKB case with lock and key.

I have a Nissan seXterra and it's in the back covered.

punisheryayarea
05-06-2009, 2:58 PM
You talking about the cable lock that comes with the Glocks?

OR

The Glock cases that are lockable via the built in lock?

The cable lock that comes with the glock yes, but I am about to get another Glock but this one I want the lock to be built in to the Glock it self...... Like whats on there web site.....

ironcross
05-06-2009, 3:07 PM
The cable lock that comes with the glock yes, but I am about to get another Glock but this one I want the lock to be built in to the Glock it self...... Like whats on there web site.....

I don't know about the internal key lock on the glock being ok or not.

What I'm going to do after I get mine is buy the lockable glock case.

Not sure why you would want a cylinder lock built in to the gun... Just something more that could go wrong. But to each their own...

For the reasons the weapon needed to be locked up I prefer a lockable case...

punisheryayarea
05-06-2009, 3:14 PM
I don't know about the internal key lock on the glock being ok or not.

What I'm going to do after I get mine is buy the lockable glock case.

Not sure why you would want a cylinder lock built in to the gun... Just something more that could go wrong. But to each their own...

For the reasons the weapon needed to be locked up I prefer a lockable case...

True, very true did think about more thing to go wrong, but ya lockable case is better, wish Glock maid a 2 gun lockable case......:nuts: for them not too....But I love there Guns so cant complain

lorax3
05-06-2009, 3:19 PM
When transporting a handgun (concealed) you most often have two options.

1. The handgun most be unloaded and in a locked container. Putting a cable lock on the gun itself is NOT a locked container. The entire gun must be in a locked container. Many people wrap the cable lock around the plastic box the glock came in. That would be a locked container.

2. The Penal Code lists a "trunk" as an exemption if your vehicle has a separate locking trunk. If your vehicle does not have a separate locking trunk then it must be unloaded in a locked container.

I am not sure what you are reffering to when you speak of "Their Website". A link would help.

-lorax

punisheryayarea
05-06-2009, 3:25 PM
Glock website, just talking about the internal lock that some have built in....

lorax3
05-06-2009, 3:31 PM
Glock website, just talking about the internal lock that some have built in....

If you are referring to this (http://www.glock.com/english/index_safety.htm), that is by no means a locked container. Although a good idea for added protection if you have children around, that alone will not allow you to transport it without a container.

If you are looking for the best way to transport a firearm for quick access I would have a combination lock on a small box. A small three-digit combo lock can be bought at home depot for about 4$. Have 2/3 digits already dialed in so all that would be needed was the last one.

The weapon itself cannot be loaded, but you may have magazines full of rounds anywhere nearby. Loaded is only when the ammo is "in a position it can be fire" People v. Clark.

As long as you are not caught in the commission of a felony, than the above it true.

-lorax

ironcross
05-06-2009, 3:35 PM
Hes talking about this:

http://www.glock.com/images/bg_safetylock.jpg

The GLOCK safety lock ensures that the weapon cannot be used or disassembled without permission.
http://www.glock.com/english/safetypack_lock.htm

This is what I was talking about the locking glock case: http://www.glock.com/english/safetypack_case.htm

lorax3
05-06-2009, 3:36 PM
Hes talking about this:

This is what I was talking about the locking glock case: http://www.glock.com/english/safetypack_case.htm

As long as the gun is inside that security case and the key locked it than you are fine.

punisheryayarea
05-06-2009, 3:38 PM
:hurray:

jlchavis0844
05-06-2009, 8:17 PM
Why not open carry it? Just put an empty mag in it and throw it on to your passenger seat. Perfectly legal because it's not concealed. Not to mention it would be some real fun if you get pulled over when the cop sees it on your seat! Might want to have your hands out the window.

Librarian
05-06-2009, 8:25 PM
Why not open carry it? Just put an empty mag in it and throw it on to your passenger seat. Perfectly legal because it's not concealed. Not to mention it would be some real fun if you get pulled over when the cop sees it on your seat! Might want to have your hands out the window.

2 reasons:
that interaction with a LEO has a potential to become rather more exciting than planned and
school zones require that handguns be in a locked case

nicoroshi
05-06-2009, 8:41 PM
True, very true did think about more thing to go wrong, but ya lockable case is better, wish Glock maid a 2 gun lockable case......:nuts: for them not too....But I love there Guns so cant complain

They do, and I own one and love it.
It looks like this:

Glock range bag (http://teamglock.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TeamGlock&Product_Code=AP60210)

It has two zippered, and padded interior compartments for your pistols plus plenty of room for mags, and range supplies.
Most importantly the exterior is double zippered with large hole zippers so you can lock it with a small lock. :)

jlchavis0844
05-06-2009, 8:50 PM
2 reasons:
that interaction with a LEO has a potential to become rather more exciting than planned and
school zones require that handguns be in a locked case

1. Very true. But this is all the fun right?
2. You cannot drive "knowingly or reasonably should have known" within 1000' ft of a K-12 school. I live in Huntington Beach across the street from a middle school, so I am well aware of this law. Very difficult to know when you are within 1000' of a school though.

lorax3
05-06-2009, 11:41 PM
1. Very true. But this is all the fun right?
2. You cannot drive "knowingly or reasonably should have known" within 1000' ft of a K-12 school. I live in Huntington Beach across the street from a middle school, so I am well aware of this law. Very difficult to know when you are within 1000' of a school though.

I am not sure of the last time you were arrested at gunpoint or during a hot stop; but it would be anything but fun.

Do you have extra money laying around for defending a school zone ( 626.9 PC) violation?

You can and will be arrested for a school zone violation and will be paying fees to defend yourself. Is it really worth the extra cost just to open carry? For the vast majority I would say no.

Besides, although this is another topic and can be discussed elsewhere; OC'ing isnt wise at this point. There will be a well planned arrest and trail when the time is right.

I always appreciate people demonstrating their 2A abilities, although OC'ing by yourself is not worth the time and money, at least not right now.

Please only OC when you have to for safety purposes. I would recommend against OC'ing just to OC. This is a different topic which I am going off about. /rant

-lorax