PDA

View Full Version : AB 962 ,I got a letter back from ***. DIANE L. HARKEY

Cromwell
05-06-2009, 2:30 AM
This is the only response so far I received from writing many CA Assemblymen.

Dear Robert:

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding our mutual gun rights in California. First, let me be clear - I am an ardent supporter of the Second Amendment Right to Bear Arms. I do not support AB 962 and will oppose it in Appropriations Committee.

I believe AB 962 puts more limitations on the rights of legal gun owners. This bill will do nothing to keep guns out of the hands of criminals or dangerous people living in our communities. Limiting the transfer or sale of ammunition to 50 rounds per month, the equivalent of one box of handgun ammunition, will have a devastating impact on legal firearms retailers. Average sales volumes regularly exceed the proposed limit, which would subject the majority of firearms business owners to a new set of bureaucratic rules and regulations regarding licensure, storage and sale procedures. This would force many small businesses that rely on ammunition sales as their primary revenue to incur additional costs in order to comply with the provisions of AB 962. As one may guess, such costs would definitely be passed along to the consumer. This burdensome and unnecessary regulation would drive a sizable number of retailers out of business altogether.

Further, AB 962 would hinder the ability of law abiding citizens to transfer ownership of ammunition between private parties such as family members by requiring individuals to be licensed by the Department of Justice if the 50-round thresholds are exceeded.

This outrageous proposal adds yet another layer of red tape where appropriate regulation already exists and infringes further upon individual freedoms of every California citizens’ Right to Bear Arms.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to make your voice heard – I stand with you on this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff at (949) 347-7301 if I may be of further service.

Sincerely,

DIANE L. HARKEY

Assemblywoman, 73rd District

bluestaterebel
05-06-2009, 2:49 AM
if i knew how to post a link for a thread, i would say :dupe: but i dont so i wont :thumbsup: i belive natedogg1777 has same thread

Soldier415
05-06-2009, 3:45 AM
Right on

BTF/PTM
05-06-2009, 8:33 AM
I didn't know it was a repost, and I'm glad it was reposted. Glad to see not all of our State Reps are nutballs :thumbsup:

Ballisticterra
05-06-2009, 8:43 AM
Good job Rob!:thumbsup:

Do we have a canned letter that I can send to my CA Assemblymen? if so can you post a link?
Thanks,

doc1buc
05-06-2009, 9:03 AM
Thanks for the post, don't care that it's a dupe because I wouldn't have seen it.

TrooperMKIII
05-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Was just listening in on the Appropriations Committee this morning. Did not hear the whole thing. De Leon (the author and also the Chair of this committee) introduced 2 bills at the end and this was not one of them. Maybe he realized his stupidity. Anyone hear differently?

soundwave
05-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Was just listening in on the Appropriations Committee this morning. Did not hear the whole thing. De Leon (the author and also the Chair of this committee) introduced 2 bills at the end and this was not one of them. Maybe he realized his stupidity. Anyone hear differently?

Same here. I listened from around 10:30 till the end and didn't hear it at all.

B.D.Dubloon
05-06-2009, 12:31 PM
My type of politician. Wonder if she is single?

1BigPea
05-06-2009, 2:44 PM
I got the exact same response yesterday...

luv2shoot
05-12-2009, 6:48 PM
My type of politician. Wonder if she is single?

She's married. Here's her hubby's company: http://www.pointcenter.com/About/ContactUs.aspx

He's the Pres, under administration... Looks like he's in a bit of hot water (i.e. lawsuit): http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hardmoney4-2009may04,0,111546.story

MP301
05-13-2009, 1:10 AM
if i knew how to post a link for a thread, i would say :dupe: but i dont so i wont :thumbsup: i belive natedogg1777 has same thread

I swear, some of you just cant wait to use the "DUPE" button! Who cares??? If I have not read it before, its not a dupe now is it? Step away from the "DUPE" button! Geeeze

I didn't know it was a repost, and I'm glad it was reposted. Glad to see not all of our State Reps are nutballs :thumbsup:

Thanks for the post, don't care that it's a dupe because I wouldn't have seen it.