PDA

View Full Version : Lan World, Inc Feedback

HonorThe2nd
05-05-2009, 5:18 PM
I was just wondering if anybody has purchased anything from Lan World, Inc(lanworldinc.com) and/or if you have any feedback about them.

Dismal_Scientist
05-05-2009, 5:26 PM
Long discussion of Lan World here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=149862

HonorThe2nd
05-05-2009, 5:35 PM
Exactly what I wanted, Thank You!!!:thumbsup:

Long discussion of Lan World here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=149862

Gregchico
05-05-2009, 5:39 PM
In a nut shell, they get an "A" from me. They eventually do what they say they will. I say eventually because everything I have ordered from them has been on back order so waits were involved, but it was not "their" fault.

Chris responds to emails relatively quickly, Maria is knowledgeable over the phone. Heather was willing to ask for help when she did not know the answer.

Josh3239
05-05-2009, 5:42 PM
Chris treated me great :thumbsup:

MontClaire
05-05-2009, 5:45 PM
promised a lower at certain price and said yes we will take care of you. then when i called back told me it's not available, pay higher price and get in line.
they get an F ( Fail ) from me. never ever will i even consider looking at their page.
i would overpay but shop somewhere else.
my opinion.

BroncoBob
05-05-2009, 5:55 PM
A + if you can wait.

draconianruler
05-05-2009, 6:05 PM
I've ordered several times from them and have been very happy although haven't bought anything recently from them.

Lefkiguy
05-05-2009, 6:13 PM
I've ordered items from them on several occasions and always had good service. I'd recommend them.

missiontrails
05-05-2009, 6:14 PM
A+ if you can wait, F- because they take your money first.

hotwls13
05-05-2009, 6:51 PM
I'm gonna give em a F. Ordered a POF Gen II 5.56 Lower from them SEVERAL MONTHS ago (I don't have the e-mails in front of me, but I believe it was back in December). They said it would take 2 months. Heard nothing for two months, called, they said sorry it's just taking a long time. Waited another month, then they say "hmmm POF, ummm, did we charge your card??". I say, you took down my card info at the time I ordered (3 months ago). They said they would call me back tomorrow, I had to call them 3 days later. They find my paperwork and say "hmmm looks like we didn't charge your card, we'll have to give POF a call". I call back a week later, they say "should be here within a month". I ask if the fact that they HADN'T charged my card had anything to do with the long wait (as in basically my order was LOST). They said, "Nope, but we can charge your card now if it makes you feel better". I said no thanks and left it at that. It has been approx FIVE MONTHS since I placed that order and I still haven't heard anything.

Those of you that have had good service I would guess it was Pre-Obama.

egslaw
05-05-2009, 6:58 PM
F- Why? Exactly what was said already. They take your money and have nothing in stock and have no idea when it is coming in.

I am no longer a customer of Lan World Inc.

Shadowdrop
05-05-2009, 7:25 PM
By the time I get my A2 stock and MMG, the AWB will be overturned and I won't need the damn thing anymore! Oh well, I hope they are enjoying my $200.

Nessal
05-05-2009, 8:17 PM
I was told that they had a few items that I needed in stock. I even called them to verify. Then I placed the order immediately after only to find out that it's not in stock and that lead times can be months away. I asked for a refund and was charged 3% for the cancellation fee when it wasn't even my fault. BIG F------.

HonuMK11
05-05-2009, 8:31 PM
Had great customer service from Lan World. Highly recommend them.

socalsam
05-05-2009, 9:41 PM
they actually revised thier billing policy. i just ordered a stag from them, told me it would take 5-7 months but they will not bill my card till the item shipped. for the price the item is worth the wait since the local gun shop is taking advantage and raising their prices.

glockman19
05-05-2009, 9:52 PM
I am one of Chris's first customers and refered him to cal guns. He's a great guy. Fair prices and Excellent Customer service.

You can deal with confidence in lanworldinc.com and Chris.

Clodbuster
05-05-2009, 10:00 PM
You think that in 7 months, they will honor the "low" price you ordered at today?

Another thread here where someone ordered and paid in full, was told that if they wanted the item after months of waiting, that they would have to pay the prevailing street price.

Clod

they actually revised thier billing policy. i just ordered a stag from them, told me it would take 5-7 months but they will not bill my card till the item shipped. for the price the item is worth the wait since the local gun shop is taking advantage and raising their prices.

ty423
05-05-2009, 10:02 PM
'A' for nice people and picks up the phone during business hours. F- for the wait. I understand these are times where everything is scarce but still...they took my money the day I ordered it and still no show on my order. There was another guy on here that cancelled his order and got charged a 3% restock fee..he wasn't happy. He basically got his money back except 3% of it. I believe he was going to go to the credit card company to complain.

I placed my order on March 4th. It's been over 2 months and still nothing. I ordered an AK.

Either way I'm not feeling any hate towards them since I'm in no rush. I just hope there isn't a ban before I can get it.

xxx357
05-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Lan World used to be a good company back when Chris ran it himself. Now They Suck!!! Chris refuses to speak to his customers anymore. They want full payment in advance for merchandise that is going to take 4-6 months for them to get in. I won't do business with them again.

Clodbuster
05-05-2009, 10:06 PM
If you send me money for nothing, I'll be nice too :thumbsup:

Clod

'A' for nice people and picks up the phone during business hours. F- for the wait. I understand these are times where everything is scarce but still...they took my money the day I ordered it and still no show on my order. There was another guy on here that cancelled his order and got charged a 3% restock fee..he wasn't happy. He basically got his money back except 3% of it. I believe he was going to go to the credit card company to complain.

I placed my order on March 4th. It's been over 2 months and still nothing. I ordered an AK.

Either way I'm not feeling any hate towards them since I'm in no rush. I just hope there isn't a ban before I can get it.

rhess595
05-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Ordered Saiga 7.62x39 about 6 wks ago, they estimated 2-3 months, specifically indicated they would not charge my card til it shipped. Currently waiting....

whobob
05-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Chris is a great guy and will do what ever he can to help you. Everyone else at Lanworld gets a F.

ty423
05-06-2009, 1:09 AM
Ordered Saiga 7.62x39 about 6 wks ago, they estimated 2-3 months, specifically indicated they would not charge my card til it shipped. Currently waiting....

They probably changed their policy because by the time they get the rifles in the price has gone up.

SoundFX
05-06-2009, 2:06 AM
Chris was wonderful. Maria... not so much. Curt, accusatory, charged me for doing absolutely nothing. Cancellation fee when they took weeks and weeks longer to deliver than they quoted. Sorry, nope. Won't be calling again. :no:

mcat707
05-06-2009, 6:49 AM
I got charged a $28 credit card cancellation fee a few weeks back and now they change their policy? Thanks LanWorld :rolleyes:! I guess dinner was on me.

dachan
05-06-2009, 7:09 AM
Lan World used to be a good company back when Chris ran it himself. Now They Suck!!! Chris refuses to speak to his customers anymore. They want full payment in advance for merchandise that is going to take 4-6 months for them to get in. I won't do business with them again.

+1, Chris really gave great service when he was personally involved, LanWorld would be first place to call; now I won't even bother.

fallbrook79
05-06-2009, 9:20 AM
chris was rude in his emails saying if i cant wait to cancel when i emailed every month about my order.i was told 6 weeks on my wasr that was feb.2nd still have not received anything i ordered.buttstock,spring buffer pof lower 2 stage trigger nothing yet but minus 1300 dollars.they quote you b.s estimates then when they get your money they say youl get it when you get it.I personally wont order anything from them again.the least they can do is ship what they have of yours when the wait time they quoted has doubled and now going on trippling.they want you to cancel so they get 3% and can sell the item at a higher price.my point is if they would have told me that they didnt know when i would get my order i would not have ordered.

916Plinker
05-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I waited over 4 months for 3 rifles I had on order with them from Dec 2008. The last time I called to check on them as I was told 8 weeks, they told me I would have to pay the NEW price if I want them to ship. I already payed in full and now was faced with an extra 375.00 to pony up.

I dont play games, so I cancelled the entire order and found what I wanted else where. SCAM!!!

Funny too, cause my psl that had even longer wait time, all the sudden, shipped a week later. So if you like paying 100% up front and being at the mercy of LameWorld to charge your credit card as much as they see "reasonable" and ship when ever they get to it, then this store is for you my friend!!
:sarcasm:

chefdude
05-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Screw those guys at Lame World ...If any of you are in So-Cal check out Cold War Shooters, in Highland...they are too busy to update their web site but the store has plenty of Black Rifles in stock with no BS.

robert060907
05-06-2009, 1:02 PM
I ordered a cmmg lower in October, they told me it would be 6-8 weeks. I barely received it 2 weeks ago and the lower had a chip in it. Plus they made me buy a stag magazine and a prince 50 (or bullet button) in order for them to ship my lower to ca. They also made me pay another 25 dollars because they said the cmmg lowers have gone up in price from the factory. They used to be good, but I dont think they can handle the volume of buissnes they do now.

D-FORCE
05-06-2009, 1:13 PM
I have purchased a Sig 556 & used them as CA intermediary to procure Noveske Lower.

They were very low / competive price on SIG Swat 556 and helpful with the Noveske.

Very helpful and knowledgable people.

I have been told by others you want to make sure they have the product in stock before ordering but never had that issue of long wait.

Also they started charging a CA fee I think of $10 which is probably a little excessive when I did the Noveske N6 lower.

Bullet button price is a bit marked up but then again so is everybody else. Part of living in CA and having horrible laws is you get taxed!

Nate74
05-06-2009, 3:16 PM
I had my first and last experience with them recently.

I ordered 4 items 9 days ago and received an email just today that all the items except one were backordered and weren'te expected for 2 months. I let them know I'd be cancelling the entire order and had already found the items elsewhere. They then hit me with the 3% charge... "but wait" I say, "I'm cancelling the order because YOU don't have items in stock that are on your website." I continue, "other vendors have figured out a way to indicate what's in stock right on their websites. You don't do that so I pay a fee when the wait is too long?" I doubt I'll be hearing back from them and I just donated some cash to somebody's college fund...

Evolution247
05-06-2009, 3:37 PM
Yeah, basically what everyone else said already. It used to be good back when Chris ran it (picked up a Stag). Now they charge your card and then you have to keep calling to find out when you can get the products. I waited 4 months to get my VTOR stock.

In an effort to try to save some money (not much) I ended up waiting months to get an item other places had at a slightly higher price. Had I known I would have picked up from someone else. Lesson learned.:rolleyes:

Clodbuster
05-06-2009, 7:28 PM
Don't worry about it. A lot of people have been donating to their college fund. Someone's obviously working on getting a degree at Harvard's business school. Cancellation fees are the hottest items available at Lanworld and they have plenty in stock.

Clod

I had my first and last experience with them recently.

I ordered 4 items 9 days ago and received an email just today that all the items except one were backordered and weren'te expected for 2 months. I let them know I'd be cancelling the entire order and had already found the items elsewhere. They then hit me with the 3% charge... "but wait" I say, "I'm cancelling the order because YOU don't have items in stock that are on your website." I continue, "other vendors have figured out a way to indicate what's in stock right on their websites. You don't do that so I pay a fee when the wait is too long?" I doubt I'll be hearing back from them and I just donated some cash to somebody's college fund...

Clodbuster
05-06-2009, 7:33 PM
The word isn't "taxed". This has nothing to do with taxes. It's called being preyed upon.

Seriously, did you end up saving anything by going with Lanworld than some other vendor?

Clod

Part of living in CA and having horrible laws is you get taxed!

fallbrook79
05-06-2009, 7:48 PM
is it legal for lameworld to charge more after you have a copy of an invoice they sent you.sounds like B.S to me.at the time i placed my order i could have bought it from somewhere else for not that much more now it would be alot more.doesnt the BBB help against this crap.

Clodbuster
05-06-2009, 8:26 PM
If you have a copy of your invoice which shows something different than what appeared on your account, contact your CC company.

Clod

is it legal for lameworld to charge more after you have a copy of an invoice they sent you.sounds like B.S to me.at the time i placed my order i could have bought it from somewhere else for not that much more now it would be alot more.doesnt the BBB help against this crap.

fallbrook79
05-06-2009, 9:53 PM
im wondering how they can raise the price on you before shipping i have read a few posts where they say the manufacturer raised the price and they passed it on to the customer(916plinkers post) and a few others if you have a invoice and agreed on a price how is it they can change it.if they charge up front my order should already be placed with the manufacturer at the agreed price.they have not done it to me yet but it sounds illegal and flat out bad business.

high_revs
05-06-2009, 9:56 PM
They get an A+++++ from me. I worked with Lorrie @ Lan World. I had ZERO issues at all. For other stuff I wanted to be on the backorder list, I was OK paying in full though she did give me the caveat the MFR *migth* raise prices, but they'll call me first.

YMMV. I had awesome success with them on my Recce.

P.S. I did have some concerns before engaging in business. But I see it also from their perspective. And I'm OK waiting, even if it had to be a year for my Noveske stuff. So for me, patience was the key. I have stuff backordered where I've not heard for months. But I'm not knocking on the door everyday as I see things are backordered. I think it all depends on how badly you want it. If you can't wait, I'd say go somewhere else.

fallbrook79
05-06-2009, 10:26 PM
They get an A+++++ from me. I worked with Lorrie @ Lan World. I had ZERO issues at all. For other stuff I wanted to be on the backorder list, I was OK paying in full though she did give me the caveat the MFR *migth* raise prices, but they'll call me first.

YMMV. I had awesome success with them on my Recce.

P.S. I did have some concerns before engaging in business. But I see it also from their perspective. And I'm OK waiting, even if it had to be a year for my Noveske stuff. So for me, patience was the key. I have stuff backordered where I've not heard for months. But I'm not knocking on the door everyday as I see things are backordered. I think it all depends on how badly you want it. If you can't wait, I'd say go somewhere else.

i dont think the point is waiting i think its being told a time then the time trippling then they raise the price on you after you waited and say take it or leave it.im just nervous they have over 1000 of mine and i cant afford to pay more right now.

ejsugay
05-06-2009, 10:56 PM
They take your order and your money first...then they make you wait and the wait seems like forever. They will not even provide you with a target date of arrival. I will do my best to avoid doing business with them.

socalgunrunner
05-06-2009, 11:14 PM
It's not really all of their fault. They're just a middleman. They have to place orders with the manufacturers. It's the manufacturer's that are swamped, and having to push back the delivery dates. Lanworld takes your money first because they're placing orders with the suppliers that they have to pay for. If I was in their position I would do the same thing. What happens if you were to order something from me, and I didn't charge you, then later on you decide that you don't want it anymore? I'm not going to be stuck holding the bill for something just because you changed your mind.

high_revs
05-07-2009, 5:59 AM
i dont think the point is waiting i think its being told a time then the time trippling then they raise the price on you after you waited and say take it or leave it.im just nervous they have over 1000 of mine and i cant afford to pay more right now.

I know of that and I was warned by Lan World, and they'd call me to let me know. I might be a little naive here. But given the feedback they'd be giving, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt they will actually follow-thru on that. :)

mcat707
05-07-2009, 6:44 AM
I was just wondering if anybody has purchased anything from Lan World, Inc(lanworldinc.com) and/or if you have any feedback about them.

It would of been interesting if you started the OP with a Poll so we can see the numbered results on who would shop with LanWorld and who would NOT shop with LanWorld :).

fallbrook79
05-07-2009, 7:01 AM
I know of that and I was warned by Lan World, and they'd call me to let me know. I might be a little naive here. But given the feedback they'd be giving, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt they will actually follow-thru on that. :)

well at least they are warning people.when they took my order they didnt tell me nothing but it would be about 6-8 weeks.i want to know if that is legal i just cant get over the fact that if you agree on a price and they charge you at the time of order how the customer is responsible for them not following through.oh well i hope for the best for all of us

hotwls13
05-07-2009, 8:09 AM
I was wondering what there process is. Since they charge your card first, shouldn't they then be placing the order with the manufacturer?? Wouldn't they be locked in at the current price with the manufacturer??

So, there logic is, we charge your card but use that money to purchase the item. That way they don't get screwed on the back-end. This may take a long time, but your willing to wait. Then, those that finally do receive there product are being told to pay what the current market price is or else?? Then when they cancel they are charged a fee?? Sounds very fishy to me.

Other dealers I have ordered stuff through have NOT charged at the beginning and they have NEVER raised the price after the order. Understandably if the dealer places an order NOW, he will pay the current price, but it just doesn't make sense to me that manufacturers can raise a previously agreed upon price that was ordered months ago.

These practices HAVE to be illegal. Also, isn't there some law that say's if a company charges your card and it takes over 30 days to deliver the product that the charge must be reversed??

Blackhawk556
05-07-2009, 10:04 AM
I friend ordered a 2stage lower kit back in decemer and it still hasn't arrived. He called the 2 weeks ago and they told him he will get the kit at the end of the year :o !!!!!!

arcticsilver997
05-07-2009, 10:54 AM
I did get what I ordered after 3 months but the savings from ordering from them was not as much as I originally thought.(since I had to revise my order) If you can find what you want and can not wait, pay the premium for it a call it a day. But if you can wait, can't find want you want, or want to save some money and agree with their policies (prepayment and wait), then order away....

HKDoc
05-07-2009, 4:02 PM
Ordered tactical stock, got it in one week at a great price recently. They are good people dealing with growing pains.

Olav
05-07-2009, 4:08 PM
F-

TZL
05-07-2009, 4:19 PM
I've bought no less then 10 complete firearms and thousands in dollars of accessories from Chris and Maria

Its been good transactions all the way

They tell me their expected ETA, and I decide whether or not to buy. LanWorld has never BS'd me or mis-lead me.

The wait times are not unique to LanWorld, its the manufacturers and the demand that is keeping wait times high.

While I don't agree with the charging the full amount up front, it is the best way to guarentee that a customer will follow through with an order, can you imagine being stuck with pallets of expensive ARs that people bailed on?

Lanworld's price are fair, and they were one of the first out of state vendors to support CA shooters and our OLLs....please do business with them, but understand how they work and the consquences BEFORE you order

JOHNNYRAMBO
05-07-2009, 6:25 PM
"F!"

Dont bother wasting your time with them. They will retire off the interest of your pre paid balance while you wait a year to get your order. And if there is something wrong with what you get, they dont stand behind what they sell. SO dont expect any customer service after you get it either.
I will NEVER give them any of my business again! Bad experience that will forever keep me from doing any business with them ever again.
"F" Lanworld!

Clodbuster
05-07-2009, 8:04 PM
I happened to be one of their early customers and I have spent $$$ with them, and have recommended them to more than a dozen of people over the years who also spent $$$.
I will never do business with them again. They flat out lied to me just to get my CC charged. The last couple of folks I recommended LanWorld to, had a very terrible experience. I did not understand it until I got taken myself. I wold not recommend Lanworld to anyone ever again, except people I hate.

Clod

While I don't agree with the charging the full amount up front, it is the best way to guarentee that a customer will follow through with an order, can you imagine being stuck with pallets of expensive ARs that people bailed on?

Lanworld's price are fair, and they were one of the first out of state vendors to support CA shooters and our OLLs....please do business with them, but understand how they work and the consquences BEFORE you order

Blackhawk556
05-07-2009, 8:32 PM
Before the rush they were excellent. But with all the backorders they've suffered. If you aren't patient don't even bother with them. But if you are in no rush go ahead.

Clodbuster
05-07-2009, 8:40 PM
Seems that they don't even honor the "great deal" price that you went there and pay in full for...
So why would you even bother? After months of waiting, you end up paying the same price as if you went some other retailer that has the item in stock?
So yeah, if you enjoy waiting for stuff for absolutely no reason, go ahead and order.

Clod

Before the rush they were excellent. But with all the backorders they've suffered. If you aren't patient don't even bother with them. But if you are in no rush go ahead.

muck
05-08-2009, 8:31 AM
I ordered 3 complete rifles, and 4 stripped lowers from them.

* First off, I have never gotten a SINGLE email from them despite them claiming to have sent it. Every time I ask them about it, I give them my email address (which admittedly is a .net making it harder for some people to figure out.. but come on... anyone who passed the fourth grade should be able to spell N-E-T, instead of C-O-M... I asked for my receipts via email, nothing. )

* I noticed they only billed 1 lowers worth on my CC, I called back to ask about the rest - They were lost. and now I'm 6 weeks further behind in the order system.

* 2 of my rifles (stag model 2T, and GSG-5) shipped about 5 weeks after they said they would. Didn't get an email saying they shipped (despite them saying they would)

* Still haven't seen that third (already paid for) rifle (Stag model 2) - its been almost 2 months since I got the others.

* They said they haven't received a SINGLE stag stripped lower since I placed my order for them back in November... According to them the factory just isn't shipping them any. But the factory is shipping them SOMEWHERE.. so if they wanted to serve their customers, I have to imagine they could figure it out in 7 months.

* If I want to cancel the rest of my order and purchase elsewhere, they will charge me a cancellation fee on the items I've been waiting for for 7 months, that they don't even have in stock yet. a**holes.

I understand delays, but even beyond the delays I've had bad service. I won't be ordering from them anymore. they've lost my business.. I hope that they made enough from the obama craze to support their business for a while.

Nate74
05-12-2009, 3:22 PM
Well after some guilt-tripping (is that a verb), they've "refunded" me the 3% cancellation fee... that they charged me after it took them 10 days to tell me my entire order was backordered and I wanted to take my business elsewhere...

On a related note, Bravo Co. had all 4 items in stock and are now on my rifle.

mcat707
05-12-2009, 4:21 PM
So in short...LanWorld SUCKS!

mk_hk
05-23-2009, 2:25 PM
Okay, so you guys have me worried now... I placed an order with LANWorld a few days ago for an HK SL8. From what you guys are saying, it sounds like I may never get my rifle? I got a little discouraged when they said we had to pay all up front (I had asked before and they told me they can order without charging). Has anyone who ordered within the 6 month timeframe actually received their order or are we getting scammed? I would really like to know....

As well, I've been trying to contact Maria there to change my order to have installation of the Raddlock (I told her over the phone and emailed a few times but it still hasn't been done). Should I be worried? I purchased from them to begin with because I had read of their good reputation but now seeing this thread, I'm not so sure. If anyone could tell me of them receiving their firearm from LANWorld lately, it would put my heart (and CC) at ease. Thanks.

fallbrook79
05-23-2009, 3:18 PM
i ordered a wasr on 2/2/09 and never got it.they did refund my money a couple days ago minus the 2% cc fee.lorrie was pretty good about returning my emails at the end.i also ordered a buttstock that came scratched and i sent it back and was refunded the shipping but am still waiting for the new one.good luck to you

DRM6000
05-23-2009, 3:48 PM
wow, i never knew so many people have/had problems with lanworld.

i've only one experience with chris at lanworld. i dealt with chris directly and i thought the customer service was great.

maybe my experience was different because i bought a couple of lowers back when chris first became a member here. i suspect obamania panic-buying gave them more business than they could handle and organize.

missiontrails
05-23-2009, 5:29 PM
I disputed my CC charge with them, and Citicard pulled my money right back after 45 days. All I ordered was 4 10/30 mags that were listed as in-stock. Lanworld could have preserved their reputation by simply NOT hitting the CC without having definate ETA's. The fact that they do that indicates a serious cash flow problem. They are DONE. I wonder where the name "Lanworld" came from anyway?

Clodbuster
05-23-2009, 9:54 PM
That must've been like...3 years ago... My initial experience with LanWorld WAS good. I also had good experiences with Metroshot.... Difference was I didn't get sucked into Metroshot's eventual downfall.

People whom I referred LanWorld too started having problems before Obama. Don't blame it on that.

Clod

maybe my experience was different because i bought a couple of lowers back when chris first became a member here. i suspect obamania panic-buying gave them more business than they could handle and organize.

high_revs
05-24-2009, 2:05 PM
wow, i never knew so many people have/had problems with lanworld.

i think you have to factor in most people unhappy are vocal whereas people who are happy (or possibly just content) may not be as vocal. so you don't hear as much from the people who are happy/willing to deal with lanworld.

blisster
05-24-2009, 11:15 PM
getting charged a "restocking fee" on an item that has never been in their warehouse, nor noted as "on backorder" on the website is bull****.
**** LANWorld.

TacFan
05-24-2009, 11:19 PM
I used him once for a middleman ffl. I was charged $75 to have a stock taken off (basically one flathead screw) + shipping. I thought it was excessive for five minutes of work

blisster
05-24-2009, 11:25 PM
A once great company that has fallen victim to "cashing in" on the current craze. We'll see how they do once an equilibrium is reached.

mk_hk
05-24-2009, 11:56 PM
I think it's a good point about bad publicity ca good ones, hence I'm asking if anyone actually received a rifle from them lately. I'm expectinga 6 month wait max but don't want to be screwed of nothings ever going to come...

Hollywood7
05-25-2009, 6:42 AM
A while back I purchased a complete Stag Arms AR from Chris at LAN World.
I called and left a voicemail for him to call me back; Within an hour I had a call back from him, discussed what I wanted & placed the order. It took a while but the rifle was delivered as promised by the date he said.

Meanwhile I recommended him to a friend who is also interested in purchasing a complete rifle. He called, left voicemail...No call back...

I understand that Chris must be busy, but you have to return calls & emails if you want a good reputation.

Chris, You used to be active in CALGUNS... Where are you? Pop in here & let us all know what's going on?

high_revs
05-25-2009, 8:45 AM
I think it's a good point about bad publicity ca good ones, hence I'm asking if anyone actually received a rifle from them lately. I'm expectinga 6 month wait max but don't want to be screwed of nothings ever going to come...
i got my noveske recce last month. :)

ifishinxs
05-25-2009, 9:39 AM
My experince with Lan world had been good. I order stuff and It gets here. No problems. They even sent the same order twice. I could have kept the stuff and sold it on this board with'in minutes but I called them and sent it back.
I'm still waiting on my stag Upper that I ordered at the end of November. Even that should be here by the end of next month.

With the thousand of people they take orders from your going to have problems. This goes for any business that deals with the public. I would say those numbers would double or triple now with most gun Items on back order.

Some Guy
05-25-2009, 9:41 AM
I ordered 2 LPK directly from Stag, I received this email order update,

Stag Arms
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 61**
Detailed Invoice: https://**.***.***.**/account_history_info.php?order_id=61**
Date Ordered: Wednesday 22 April, 2009

The comments for your order are

Thank you for choosing Stag Arms. Your order will be shipped within
the next few weeks via our remote fulfillment center, LAN World; and
you will be emailed a tracking number via UPS Quantum View Notify.
When your card is charged it will show LAN World Inc. If you have any
questions you can e-mail customerservice@stagarms.com or call
860-229-9994.

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Processed

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

My card has not been charged yet, it will be interesting to see how long it takes.

rosmar1969
05-25-2009, 11:15 AM
been waiting for over a month now, im getting frustrated with the wait period.

thmpr
05-25-2009, 11:39 AM
been waiting for over a month now, im getting frustrated with the wait period.

All mfg's been hit with huge delays. I'm just patiently waiting as well.

Clodbuster
05-25-2009, 12:54 PM
That is interesting. So if you order from Stag, they will not charge your CC right away, until it ships from LanWorld. Whereas if you order from LanWorld, they'll charge you right way.

If LanWorld is the remote fulfillment center for Stag, how come other vendors have Stag products to in stock (i.e. Lowers), and LanWorld does not?

Clod

I ordered 2 LPK directly from Stag, I received this email order update,

Stag Arms
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 61**
Detailed Invoice: https://**.***.***.**/account_history_info.php?order_id=61**
Date Ordered: Wednesday 22 April, 2009

The comments for your order are

Thank you for choosing Stag Arms. Your order will be shipped within
the next few weeks via our remote fulfillment center, LAN World; and
you will be emailed a tracking number via UPS Quantum View Notify.
When your card is charged it will show LAN World Inc. If you have any
questions you can e-mail customerservice@stagarms.com or call
860-229-9994.

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Processed

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

My card has not been charged yet, it will be interesting to see how long it takes.

mk_hk
05-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Im glad that some people are getting their orders. If LANWorld really fulfills within the 6 months they stated, I can wait. It sounds like people have been receiving lately, so thats good. Thanks all... it helps put my heart at ease for now. I have to call up and see what the wait list is like for the rifle. Now just to find a good scope for the SL8....

thmpr
05-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Lanworld has the best prices around that justifies the waiting time...well that is my opinion. :D

BroncoBob
05-26-2009, 6:23 AM
Try to remember they where selling to us when very few would. Now that being said, do support your local shops.

Roboy
05-26-2009, 6:42 AM
I tried to order a couple saigas from lanwordinc.com. They said it will PROBABLY ship in 3-4 months. They either wanted all the money up front or 20% down (btw, I had to haggle my way down to 20% from 50%). I was thinking 20% down isnít unreasonable. But, the drawback of putting 20% down with lanworld is NO GUARANTEE on the price! So, if the price goes up when the item is shipped in 3-4 months, thatís the price I would get it at. I mean, I ordered the rifle at a certain price AND am waiting 3-4 months for it! Give me a break. I'm used to items being charged when they ship, not when I order. Unless lanworld has the item in stock, I don't think I will be ordering from them any time soon.

eric1972
05-26-2009, 7:05 PM
I tried to order a couple saigas from lanwordinc.com. They said it will PROBABLY ship in 3-4 months. They either wanted all the money up front or 20% down (btw, I had to haggle my way down to 20% from 50%). I was thinking 20% down isnít unreasonable. But, the drawback of putting 20% down with lanworld is NO GUARANTEE on the price! So, if the price goes up when the item is shipped in 3-4 months, thatís the price I would get it at. I mean, I ordered the rifle at a certain price AND am waiting 3-4 months for it! Give me a break. I'm used to items being charged when they ship, not when I order. Unless lanworld has the item in stock, I don't think I will be ordering from them any time soon.

Putting 100% down with them is no guarantee on price either. I ordered a lower from them in December 2008 and when it came in this April, they offered it to me with a $50 adjustment because the price had gone up, or leave it. I took it and paid the extra money, and not sure whether the price went up for them too, or they just marked it up with demand. I am still a little bitter about the situation because I figure that once you paid in full, it should contractually bind you to the price you paid in full. I've dealt with them in the past several times without issue, but this last transaction left a bad taste in my mouth. Just my 2 cents.

rhess595
05-26-2009, 7:13 PM
I tried to order a couple saigas from lanwordinc.com. They said it will PROBABLY ship in 3-4 months. They either wanted all the money up front or 20% down (btw, I had to haggle my way down to 20% from 50%). I was thinking 20% down isnít unreasonable. But, the drawback of putting 20% down with lanworld is NO GUARANTEE on the price! So, if the price goes up when the item is shipped in 3-4 months, thatís the price I would get it at. I mean, I ordered the rifle at a certain price AND am waiting 3-4 months for it! Give me a break. I'm used to items being charged when they ship, not when I order. Unless lanworld has the item in stock, I don't think I will be ordering from them any time soon. Hey, you may have caused them to change their policy, cause I ordered a Saiga 7.62x39 about 3 months ago with the same wait time, and they said they would charge my card only after it shipped. So far that's been correct.

Clodbuster
05-26-2009, 10:35 PM
And I remember being a customer supporting their business early on...of course, my conversation with Lorrie pretty much told me they could care less.

Plenty of places wanting California dollars these days. And some actually provide good customer service and show that they want your business.

Like all things, businesses either evolve or die.

Clod

Try to remember they where selling to us when very few would. Now that being said, do support your local shops.

SteveK
05-27-2009, 8:21 AM
I have dealt with them, Good guys

gregorylucas
05-27-2009, 10:29 AM
I have been dealing with them for a couple of years now. They have always been nice and tried to answer my questions.

As far as pricing would go I give them an A on that. I think it's a little unfair to grade them on shipment times as everything out there is a very long wait. Since before the Obama craze I would order stuff from them and it would come to be in short order.

Chris and Lorrie have always been great. lanworldinc is pretty much the first place I go if I want to get something ar or ak related.

pjcarter
05-27-2009, 6:09 PM
A+ from me.

BroncoBob
05-27-2009, 7:00 PM
The thread that won't die

gucci pilot
05-27-2009, 7:39 PM
The thread that won't die

Right. That's my cue.

Does anyone know why they are called Lanworld? :p

evollep3
05-27-2009, 9:14 PM
Right. That's my cue.

Does anyone know why they are called Lanworld? :p

????:confused:

gucci pilot
05-28-2009, 3:59 PM
????:confused:

My apologies. Most people outside of guns would think that LAN (Local Area Network) world would be considered a computer company. Lousy joke. But at least this thread is still alive.

WeekendWarrior
06-02-2009, 9:47 AM
Laword got me everything but my guns very quickly. I am still waiting on an MP15T i ordered from them is early December of 08, and a WASR-10 I ordered mid Feb of this year. I was originally quoted 12-16 weeks for the MP15t, and I am currently on week #23. Everytime I have ordered mags, LPKs, or other parts they have met the expectations they set for me on the phone.

WeekendWarrior
06-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Lame! I just called Lorrie at Lanword to get an order update, she warned me I might be looking at a jump in cost like some of you guys have seen with them. I ordered an M&P15T for $1349, now they want $1549 for it. She said that the cost has gone up $200, but they would be willing to pay $100 of that for me. I don't like that they never told me when I originally purchased that I may have to pay more down the line. I could have ordered one off GB for almost the same cost and skipped the wait.

fallbrook79
06-02-2009, 12:18 PM
im still waiting for my a2 buttstock i returned the one they shipped me scratched like two weeks ago 5/16 you would think they would have a couple laying around or get me one fast for the inconvenience.some companys have their stuff together others dont

Clodbuster
06-02-2009, 6:52 PM
You can buy M&P15Ts right now off GB for less. DDS Ranch has WASR10s in stock for less, and their service is :thumbsup::thumbsup:

At least LanWorld sounds like they softened up a bit. When I dealt with Lorrie 3 months ago, she had the take it or leave it attitude. Admitted that they "may" have mistaken about telling me that an item was in stock over the phone, but that there was no way they were going to eat the cancellation fee...which was 2 bucks and change. Any vendor that tells a customer who had spent thousands over the years to bend over and take it, over their own error, gets an F in my book. Maybe if they had agreed to split the fee and pay $1, while I pay $1....it would be different...nah :eek:

You really ought to check if you still even have credit card protection after 23 weeks.

Clod

Lame! I just called Lorrie at Lanword to get an order update, she warned me I might be looking at a jump in cost like some of you guys have seen with them. I ordered an M&P15T for $1349, now they want $1549 for it. She said that the cost has gone up $200, but they would be willing to pay $100 of that for me. I don't like that they never told me when I originally purchased that I may have to pay more down the line. I could have ordered one off GB for almost the same cost and skipped the wait.

SteveK
06-02-2009, 10:23 PM
The moment I smell Attitude I'm so gone regarless of price. Attitude is part of my price for me. She was cocky with me as well..

joebowlin
06-03-2009, 1:54 PM
I bought a saiga a couple years ago from them. Fast shipping. Guy was helpful. I'm sure everythings hectic right now with all of the backorders everywhere.

egslaw
06-03-2009, 3:29 PM
IMHO they are trying to pull a fast one on us. If they ordered your rifle months ago with the manufacturer they locked in a price with them. If they are coming back and saying it is more than something isn't right. The manufacturer doesn't pull that on a retailer when they have ordered a product.

I just don't trust them.

They don't get my business anymore.

snypr
06-03-2009, 9:00 PM
I ordered (my xmas present) an HK USC and some other goodies, back in the first week of December, well I called her again today and it STILL isnt in....it seems like I have heard every story and excuse, and is extremely frustrating waiting 6 months and prob longer....So my advice in dealing with Lanworld, if they have it in stock, then your good to go, if not, i would plan on waiting longer than what is advised to you....just my 2 cents.

unclejesse
06-05-2009, 11:02 AM
just spoked to lorrie, and Im finally getting my Magpul PRS, ordered on 4/25/9:)

tiger74
05-21-2010, 12:14 PM
i grade lan world inc FFFFF----- bad customer service specially heather and lorrie. lorrie does not know **** about her product.(she try to convince customer by tell lmt and pof give lifetime warranty on their product which is not truth lmt and pof give only 1 year and 3 year warrant on their product) heather send out scratch product and blame on the manufactory. i want to return it they want 15% restock fee. on their website say return or cancellation is 3% fee. by the way they dont have their product in stock. lorrie try to convince to put 50% deposit so they can lock down your money for 6 month or longer so she can make commission out of her sell. if you open store you have to keep up with your inventory. if not close down the store. by the way their price are high. i spend over $5000.00 at lan world inc. i would not spend even penny at lan world inc again.

toopercentmlk
05-21-2010, 1:00 PM
ordered some parts kits a year or so ago, fast and easy for my transaction...A as far as im concerned.

Oregonish
05-21-2010, 1:45 PM
I don't understand why people insist on NOT shopping around, there so many vendors out there, some are more than others, but find a place with a good price with something in stock.

People, start building your rifles. AR's are so simple to put together a monkey can do it. Plus, it's a ton cheaper and you get a far superior and more personalized rifle. Really.

beemaze
05-21-2010, 5:36 PM
Interesting to note that LanWorld is still jerking around their customers after all this time. It also looks like LanWorld is selling their black rifles to Turner's locally. I wonder if Turner's is getting the same sort of treatment lol.