View Full Version : please close...

05-05-2009, 11:43 AM

05-05-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm not willing to not fish its one of the few things that let me relax

05-05-2009, 11:57 AM
I think the state would be quite happy if nobody bought those licenses. Considering how much a California bureaucrat makes, they probably are not making money off of them anyways.

They would call it a triumph of the environment against the nasty gun owning and fishing pole owning humans.

05-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Throwing this out there for discussion. We as sportsmen and women fund most of the conservation fish and wildlife programs across America. What would happen if we took a year off? did not buy fishing or hunting licences in protest of the fishery closings and firearms restrictions.
I do understand that many Americans rely on these activity's for their income, maybe we set up a fund to help them get through the year instead of giving it to the very govt that is taking us for granted. I am not going to buy another license in CA, I will save some money and take a trip to a blue state.

The cost of tags, licences etc. probably does not pay for staff costs for administration.

And quite a few of the lower/midlevel staffers in F&G are hunter/gun friendly.

The end result might be an "underutilization review" and valuable lands where fishing & hunting were formerly allowed turn into no-hunting/fishing "parks"/"wetlands"/"protected areas".

Jeff P
05-05-2009, 12:24 PM
I thought the same thing earlier this year. There lacks of fishery support I.E. the Stripers, Salmon and Trout. I would like to say up theirs. But their system does not survive on just licenses and fines. There are various ear marked citations that have monies going to the Department of Fish and Game. Example: listening to the evening news, a $225 jaywalking ticket from San Francisco has a fee of $35 dollars paid to the DFG. From the total cost of the ticket.
Really, the way to hurt them is to purchase a life time license for you and any family members. You know there would be a huge in flux of cash. And you know the DFG and politicians would spend every dime and then some, within two years. They will be broke again in no time. And you will have your life time license. But then we may only have carp, squaw fish and zebra mussels to fish for.

05-05-2009, 12:31 PM
I meant RED state

05-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Not guying a hunting or fishing license hurts the DFG two ways: they lose the revenue from the license; and they lose Pitman-Robertson revenues from excise taxes on outdoor stuff rebated to the states in proportion to license sales.

The lead ban in Central California cost them something like $200,000 in license revenues.