PDA

View Full Version : Lauer Lower @ Kerley's in Cupertino

247Nino
05-04-2009, 11:16 PM
stripped, $500
saw it today...

They're never really friendly to me there, maybe because I haven't bought anything? because maybe its overpriced?
Maybe its because I look Asian? I guess the Honorable 5 years I spent in the Marine Corps doesn't matter even to them, a majority being prior service...
I'd really love to buy a rifle from that store but each time I am in there trying to find something I like, they shun me away with their unfriendly service.

Anywho, its there; an AR-15 Stripped Lower from Lauer...

oh and they have .40 ammo, $23/box50

Alecks
05-04-2009, 11:29 PM
I've always wanted to check them out...now I'm a little scared.

they have pretty good reviews on Yelp though.

I may swing by on Thursday and check them out.

roc
05-04-2009, 11:41 PM
247nino, thanks for your service. i have only found a small percentage of people (probably less than 10%) who work in the firearm retail industry at all friendly. and when I do, I love to give them all of my business.

Scold
05-05-2009, 12:08 AM
247nino, thanks for your service. i have only found a small percentage of people (probably less than 10%) who work in the firearm retail industry at all friendly. and when I do, I love to give them all of my business.

I work in the firearm industry and I'm a downright sweet heart!

-Jonathan

Camsnappersc
05-05-2009, 3:06 AM
I have run into the same thing there. They had a cheaply built Ar-15 for $2000. Talk about price gouging. I know that people are hurting for AR parts, but give me a break. That is just crazy. If you do go there talk to KC. He is a good guy.
He is the only one who has ever treated me with any type of respect whatsoever.

yellowreef
05-05-2009, 3:15 AM
Speaking of grouchy sales people, it looks like El Cajon Gun Exchange has seen the light and now has stripped lowers and AR parts. Never thought it would happen in a million years. Prices weren't half bad either considering their other prices... Shouldn't this thread be somewhere else though?

racerdude
05-07-2009, 9:06 AM
ive had really good service at kerley's.very informative amount products.talk to casey and you will see.

jimbo1747
05-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Sorry that you had a bad experience at Kerley's. Perhaps one day the folks at Kerley's will realize that the reason you don't buy anything from them is because you can't get any figgen help from the staff?!!

Luckily for us, there's other shops in the bay area that know the meaning of good customer service and the value of loyal customers that we can spend our hard earned money at.

maxicon
05-07-2009, 12:42 PM
There are some good folks there, and I bought a few things from them back when their prices were reasonable and they had lots of used/consignment long guns, but they haven't really recovered since they re-opened.

It's not uncommon for everyone in the place to be jawboning with their buds. They'll help you, but they often forget to ask, and they're not very inviting when their buddies are in there. They're a lot more helpful when nobody's hanging around.

Their prices are still pretty durn high these days, though they'll have some good deals on used shotguns still. I guess they sell this stuff to people who don't know any better, as they turn over their handgun inventory. Their scope prices are pretty unreasonable, too, but they tend to stay on the shelf.

lucky308
05-13-2009, 1:23 PM
Saw the sabre defence xr15 the other day and it was posted for $1850...not too bad in my opinion considering theyre $2000 new and the thing only has 100 rounds through it. See here: http://www.sabredefence.com/commercial.php

Guy I talked to said it grouped just about 1/2MOA at 100 yards. It had a RRA LPK in it. Doesnt sound like a "cheaply built gun" to me. -___-

brianc
06-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Folks... Give Kerleys a try. The store is being reworked. They are selling all their clothing for 50% off. They are working on making the store what it used to be. I am a new customer their. ( Around 6 months) I have been treated with respect and knowledge. We must shop at local gun stores to keep them in business. The owner Harry has assisted me with multiple gun purchase over the last few months. The store is going through growing pains but they are working on growing and their customer service. Give them another try or visit them for your first time.. As stated my son and I have been VERY impressed with their selections, service and help.

NSR500
06-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Kerley's has bad service and terrible pricing. Why support Kerley's when there are better shops in the Bay Area, that treat their customers properly, and offer competitive pricing?
I'm all for more gun stores in California, but they've got to get with the program. The gun stores that will continue to survive in California always find a way to be profitable.

Buddhabelly
06-05-2009, 1:05 PM
Kerley's has bad service and terrible pricing. Why support Kerley's when there are better shops in the Bay Area, that treat their customers properly, and offer competitive pricing?

+1

Kerley's is within a mile from my house and I really want to give them business. I've ventured inside 3X and each time I felt exactly like the OP. I felt they did not want me in the store, and somehow it was because of how I look. All of the bad points of price gouging were accurate too.

NSR500
06-05-2009, 1:15 PM
Yeah, my former employer has an office about 2 miles from Kerley's. I'd stop in sometimes when I'm bored and it really is like they don't want you there. Seems like the only people who get action in their are the bolt action, and shotgun folks who hunt. The place really does come off like an Old Stodgy Hunters club.