PDA

View Full Version : M&P 40 C

pdq_wizzard
05-04-2009, 6:15 PM
I am looking at an M&P 40 for my next hand gun, the question I have is there is some threads talking about not shooting lead through things like Glocks ect... do the S&W M&P 40's have the same type of barrel?

thanks!

easy
05-04-2009, 6:33 PM
You can shoot lead through any type of barrel. Just may need to be cleaned more diligently.

ltspongebob
05-04-2009, 6:38 PM
I am looking at an M&P 40 for my next hand gun, the question I have is there is some threads talking about not shooting lead through things like Glocks ect... do the S&W M&P 40's have the same type of barrel?

thanks!

To specifically answer your question, although shooting lead through a Glock or H&K USP, or any weapon with polygonal rifling does work, is not recommended by the manufacturer as it can result in an unsafe build-up of lead along the lands and cause overpressure issues and kabooms.

However, as was mentioned before, as long as you are diligent in cleaning you should have no problems shooting lead.

Sponge

pdq_wizzard
05-04-2009, 6:56 PM
I clean my guns every time after I am done at the range, so the next question is dose the M&P have polygonal rifling? I just want to know how much cleaning I am going to have to do :thumbsup:

and thanks for the replies !

Fjold
05-04-2009, 7:03 PM
M&Ps are fine with lead bullets.

kermit315
05-05-2009, 5:40 AM
I clean my guns every time after I am done at the range, so the next question is dose the M&P have polygonal rifling? I just want to know how much cleaning I am going to have to do :thumbsup:

and thanks for the replies !

no, M&P's dont have polygonal rifling. My .40 has standard lands and grooves.

pdq_wizzard
05-05-2009, 6:31 AM
Cool, so now it is time to add a .40 :thumbsup: