View Full Version : Anti-CCW Alert: Sheriff Hutchens Fundraising for 2010!

05-04-2009, 4:23 PM
Today, the SAFE OC political action committee received word that "Friends of Sheriff Sandra Hutchens 2010" is holding a "Rock and Roll Reception With the Sheriff" fundraiser on May 8 with prices ranging from $250 to $1,700 per person. Earlier this year, another fundraiser for appointed Sheriff Hutchens was reputed to take in $75,000.

As many of you know, the SAFE OC political action committee is hosting An Evening With John R. Lott, Ph.D., on June 10th at the Pacific Club in Newport Beach. Dr. Lott is Senior Research Scientist at the University of Maryland and author of "More Guns, Less Crime," "The Bias Against Guns," and "Freedomnomics." Dr. Lott's research demonstrates that permitting law-abiding citizens to carry firearms decreases crime and promotes public safety.

The contrast here is striking. While our anti-freedom, repressive appointed Sheriff enjoys rock and roll, the SAFE OC PAC will be presenting real scholarly research that repudiates Hutchens' antipathy toward ordinary citizens' right to self-defense.

We need your help to defeat Hutchens' fundraising efforts and send her a message that the supporters of personal safety and firearm freedoms will always outnumber the opposition. To those of you who have reserved a spot at the June 10th event, thank you. For those of you that haven't, we still have spots open for this important fundraiser. A flyer and registration form is attached. All proceeds will go toward SAFE OC's effort to elect a Sheriff in 2010 who will restore liberal issuance of concealed carry permits in Orange County.

Let's send a message to appointed Sheriff Hutchens that the people of our County value the right to personal safety and demand that their Sheriff respect and support that right.

05-04-2009, 7:46 PM
I can't make it June 10th since I'm out of town for work, I do however hope her event goes down with a big F for FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

The way things go with her she probably won't even show up...:rolleyes:

05-04-2009, 10:50 PM
The CCW denial and revocation suits are coming...and since they're her fault, can and should be taken out of her paycheck.

05-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Should we be handing out flyers for June 10 in front of the May 8 event? Assuming we know where it is...

05-05-2009, 12:25 AM
$75,000! Maybe you guy's should be having a R&R concert too? (sorry couldn't help myself) :)

05-05-2009, 6:16 AM
Should we be handing out flyers for June 10 in front of the May 8 event? Assuming we know where it is...

I like the way you think! If it were a public venue, we should do just that. However, it's at a private home.

To take this a little further, the event is sponsored by a pro-Hutchens PAC but appears to have ties to the California Women's Leadership Association. This is the group whose hard-charging lobbying propelled Hutchens into her appointed position. They are the very embodiment of the "identity politics" philosophy, in which candidates are picked not because of positions and values, but because of gender, race, etc.

We have a lot of work to do.

05-05-2009, 6:26 AM
Is there a reason one couldn't get a permit to exercise their first amendment rights in a neighborhood where someone else is exercising their first amendment rights in a mass gathering?

Does having a big fundraiser (maybe based on number of invitees?) in a private home require any sort of permitting?

05-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Lemme guess, you're thinking of changing the expiration date of the permit.