PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: structural engineer

sava6e
05-04-2009, 1:30 PM
I am hoping that a fellow calgunner might be able to help me out, I'm doing a custom home build I have my plans drawn up and need to have an engineer sign off on them

sava6e
05-04-2009, 1:31 PM
Woops sorry I'm up in the bay area

fallfornoone
05-04-2009, 2:07 PM
i think u can also have an architect sign them if it is 2 and under stories

tcrpe
05-04-2009, 3:09 PM
I am hoping that a fellow calgunner might be able to help me out, I'm doing a custom home build I have my plans drawn up and need to have an engineer sign off on them

Sounds like you will need structural calculations for the foundation, and lateral and vertical load bearing elements, including seismic, wind, and whatever else loads the building will be subject to.

And with engineers, "sign off on them" is not a good phrase to use.

PM me if appropriate.

Curtis
05-06-2009, 9:53 PM
I have my own structural engineering company. I would be willing to help out in any way I can. I agree with Tcrpe, you will most likely need a full set of structural plans. We can coordinate to find out the scope of the project, I can then look up or contact the jurisdiction to find out what is needed.

I'm in Corona (So Cal) but I have projects all over the state, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and Nevada. It days world, I rarely meet architect or homeowners face to face.

Curtis
curtis@sterlingsterling.net
951-737-9400