PDA

View Full Version : Request for assistance in book writing.

nicki
05-04-2009, 1:08 PM
We need to outreach beyond the traditional gun owners, and I am a person who definitely doesn't fit the media stereotype of who a gun owner is.

Paxton Quigley wrote a book a few years back called "Armed and Female".

I would like to write a book along those lines, "Armed and Transexual", something along those lines.

This is something I have "PROCRASTINATED ON" and by posting it to you guys, it puts some fire under my *** to actually start working on the book.

For those of you who would like to volunteer, I would send a e mail blast with attachment of chapters. You guys could then make your comments.

I would strongly suggest that those of you who are "sensitive" not volunteer for this.

Chapters are going to be rough, this is a creative process. I am not looking to write a "college level dry and safe" book. I want something that hits people in the "gut".

During the creative proces I will throw out whatever, I will edit later if needed. In short, I am not going to hold back.

The LBGT community is very "anti gun" and logically they and other minority groups should be the "strongest gun supporters around".

The book will have to be a "Shock and Awe", basically it will have to be a WTF through the whole book.

What I want to create is a controversial book that alot of people will complain about, but when someone starts reading it, they can't put it down.

Now, once the book is done, of course, there is the need to get it out.

The book of course would appeal beyond the LBGT community.

Paxton Quigleys book "armed and female" crossed the gender lines.

Perhaps in the process, we can create a working model so that find other authors to appeal to other minority groups who also should be on our side.

I don't expect the book to sell many copies, but in the unlikely event it becomes a blockbuster, a significant portion of the profits would go to what I consider appropriate causes like ending discriminatory CCW laws and restrictions on the EBR's.

Of course California is ground zero.

Nicki

Maestro Pistolero
05-04-2009, 1:55 PM
A fascinating and certainly unique angle for a pro 2A book. I'll bet it gets a lot of attention. In addition to the attributes you have proscribed, It's critical that it is well written, and unassailably factual, IMO.

I'm not much of a writer, but I wish you well.

DocSkinner
05-04-2009, 2:03 PM
can always do some editing type help -

first would say Armed AND LBGT works probably better, as its less restricting.

"LBGT: Locked and loaded!" ;-)

did you ever read "Shooters" by Abigail a. Kohn? not quite the in your face type of book - but sometimes a soft edge slips past defenses easier.

Fate
05-04-2009, 2:09 PM
Hope this term isn't offensive to the LGBT community, but your book just screams for the title "Tranny get your gun!" :)

If you need a print designer, I'd be happy to work with you on this.

nicki
05-04-2009, 2:13 PM
:Hope this term isn't offensive to the LGBT community, but your book just screams for the title "Tranny get your gun!"

If you need a print designer, I'd be happy to work with you on this.

Oh, I'm sure that someone would be offended:eek:

But I thought that was great, I LMAO.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback.

Nicki

Fate
05-04-2009, 2:18 PM
:

Oh, I'm sure that someone would be offended:eek:

But I thought that was great, I LMAO.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback.

Nicki

Well you DID say that the following was something you wanted to achieve:
What I want to create is a controversial book that alot of people will complain about, but when someone starts reading it, they can't put it down.

;)

Stunt_Pirate
05-04-2009, 2:25 PM
I'd be glad to help, I'm in a workshop fiction class right now so am in an editing frame of mind (I am working and finishing my last quarter in college, so I can't guarantee my response will be prompt. I will do my best, though.).

nicki
05-04-2009, 2:35 PM
can always do some editing type help -

first would say Armed AND LBGT works probably better, as its less restricting.

I haven't settled on a title, but to a certain extent, the book is personal.

Ultimately, what I want is a title that people will remember. The "Tryanny, get your Gun" is actually damm good.

One thing I want to do is have fun with this. I want this thing to be a in your face to the "Victim Disarmanent" proponents in the LBGT community.

In the Gay Community, hate crimes is a big issue and so is human rights violations against the LBGT community by the police.

So here is how I see my opponents in the LBGT community attacking me.

Nicki wants us to carry guns, violence brings more violence, we can't lower ourselves to that.

Instead when confronted with violence, we should call the police whom Amensty International and the Human rights campaign have documented have a record of onging human rights abuses against us, to come protect us from violent attacks.

We should trust in government even though we routinely document worldwide that governments sanction hunting us down and killing us.

We should disarm and have faith in government even though during the 80's there were calls to have us rounded up and put into concentration camps due to the AIDS plague.

I expect to have alot of fun with this book.

Now, for balance I will have to pick on the NEO CONS, after all, I have to have some balance:thumbsup:

Nicki

anthonyca
05-04-2009, 6:04 PM
This would be a great idea and even if it didn't sell many copies I could see you on some radio talk shows speaking about this book. People will love or hate it but I think many would be interested. By throwing in many facts from the gun wiki and incorporating some real life experiance maybe this idea could get some gay people to look past the stereotypes and look at the true numbers that don't lie. I have gay people of both sexes in my family and they don't always meet the stereotypes as you sure don't.

Light that fire and stop procrastinating.:)