PDA

View Full Version : What FFL will do my Intra-Family out of state transfer in LA?

rstrohbehn
05-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Sorry for the post everyone but I have searched and searched and cannot find anyone to facilitate the transfer.

So my father wants to gift me a “Non Roster” Handgun from Arizona. After much research on this forum I have found that since he is out of State he will have to ship the firearm to an FFL. I guess there is much confusion as to the legality of this. All of the FFL’s in my direct area of Pasadena and Irwindale are saying they cannot do the transfer and to just bring it into the state and fill out the family transfer form.:eek: I think this is a big “no no” federally and I think these shops are just not familiar with the exemption.

I just want to keep it legal and want to know if any FFL in my area knows about this exemption and would be willing to help me with this.

So far no luck with Entreprise, Ammo bros, or Gunrunners. I am waiting for CWS to respond to my e-mail from Friday.

Thanks,

Rob

rstrohbehn
05-05-2009, 9:16 AM
No one? Huh.

Hence my dilemma.

Paindoc
05-05-2009, 3:23 PM
Guess I'll be having the same problem soon. I have a post here to confirm the process, although I haven't started looking for a FFL yet. Good luck with your quest! Wonder what the problem is? The big names here insist it is perfectly legal.

Tom

PIRATE14
05-05-2009, 4:40 PM
Sorry for the post everyone but I have searched and searched and cannot find anyone to facilitate the transfer.

So my father wants to gift me a “Non Roster” Handgun from Arizona. After much research on this forum I have found that since he is out of State he will have to ship the firearm to an FFL. I guess there is much confusion as to the legality of this. All of the FFL’s in my direct area of Pasadena and Irwindale are saying they cannot do the transfer and to just bring it into the state and fill out the family transfer form.:eek: I think this is a big “no no” federally and I think these shops are just not familiar with the exemption.

I just want to keep it legal and want to know if any FFL in my area knows about this exemption and would be willing to help me with this.

So far no luck with Entreprise, Ammo bros, or Gunrunners. I am waiting for CWS to respond to my e-mail from Friday.

Thanks,

Rob

You are exempt from the roster if it's from your pops.....we can xfer...it's 75 bucks includes DROS.....

U can PM w/ specs.....:thumbsup:

glockwise2000
05-09-2009, 7:19 PM
You are exempt from the roster if it's from your pops.....we can xfer...it's 75 bucks includes DROS.....

U can PM w/ specs.....:thumbsup:

+1 for that. Good to know.