PDA

View Full Version : GLOCK 26

plankowner
05-04-2009, 10:28 AM
I have a glock 23 and I purchased a 9mm barrel for it and changed my mag and I have never had a problem with it , my question is I have a friend with a g 26 and he was asking if he could also do the same and buy a .40 cal barrel for it , I was not sure what the correct answer was because I know you can go down in power but I was not sure if the g 26 can handle the pressure from a bigger caliber and go up .
so I figured I would ask here because you guys seem to just know all the goodies here.

lazyworm
05-04-2009, 10:33 AM
From what I read, the answer is no.

The frame is the same, so it can handle the pressure/stress.
However, the slide is slightly different in dimensions where
it cannot take a G27 / .40 barrel.

Your best option, if you want to go this route, would be to
find a G27 upper.

soundwave
05-04-2009, 10:38 AM
From what I read, the answer is no.

The frame is the same, so it can handle the pressure/stress.
However, the slide is slightly different in dimensions where
it cannot take a G27 / .40 barrel.

Your best option, if you want to go this route, would be to
find a G27 upper.

yup

tonelar
05-04-2009, 10:44 AM
It has nothing to do with whether the barrel fits into the slide. Nor the "power factor" and what the frame can take. The .40 rim and 9mm breech face are mismatched.

Corbin Dallas
05-04-2009, 3:19 PM
It has nothing to do with whether the barrel fits into the slide. Nor the "power factor" and what the frame can take. The .40 rim and 9mm breech face are mismatched.

WRONG, it has everything to do with the barrel fitting the slide. In this case, there is no physical way the G27 barrel will fit in a G26 slide.

You are correct about the breach face being wrong, but as for "power factor" and what the "Frame" can take, the frames are all the same for the sub compacts. That includes the G25, 26, 27, 28, 33 and yes, the 39 (GAP).