PDA

View Full Version : SLAP Plates [Sling Loop Ambidextrous Plates] for Sale

ikickhippies
05-03-2009, 6:06 PM
I developed this plate last year and have been selling them a few places and a user here recommended that I offer them here. I have cleared this with Kestryll so hopefully everything is kosher. If not then I'm sure he'll let me know.

SLAP

Sling Loop Ambidextrous Plate
The SLAP will allow you to transition from one side of your AR- Style Rifle to the other and back without having to unhook your sling hook.

SLAPs are cut from steel and phosphate coated. They are a single piece of carbon steel. They are not cast, not welded, there are no weak points to break or make any noise.
They are designed to receive most popular sling attachments and regular 1" webbing.

A local machine shop makes these based on my design and then I have them coated by a local finisher. I did not like anything that was currently on the market so I drew this one up and then tweaked it a little bit. Again, this is MY Design. No one else's. There are currently over a dozen sling plates
on the market today and this one is substantially different from them all. I've done my best at taking pictures but if anyone needs any more please let me know.
These all fit fine on both sizes of buffer tubes that I have but just to be safe I am saying that some minor fitting may be required. No special adapters are required, this piece simply replaces the locking plate on a carbine buffer tube.

SLAPs are $20 per plate and for 3 or more they are $18 per plate. This price includes 1st Class USPS shipping. Payment can be made via Paypal to my user name @ gmail.com or you can visit http://www.ikickhippies.com and there is a paypal button there. If you would rather send a USPS MO please email me for my mailing address. I ship out on Sundays and Thursdays weekly.

http://ikickhippies.com/resources/DSC_3450.JPG
http://ikickhippies.com/resources/DSC_3451.JPG
http://ikickhippies.com/resources/DSC_3452.JPG
http://ikickhippies.com/resources/DSC_3454.JPG
http://ikickhippies.com/resources/DSC_3455.JPG
http://ikickhippies.com/resources/DSC_3456.JPG

Rukus
05-03-2009, 6:40 PM
+1 for the seller, I bought one of these from him on ARF...quick shipping :thumbsup:

arfan66
05-03-2009, 7:23 PM
+1 for ikickhippies! I bought two and they are just as functional as the ASAP but at a better price and no wait/backorder!

Jeff

trilogy
05-03-2009, 7:44 PM
Just ordered one off the website, I can't wait.

--Matt

SS109
05-03-2009, 9:43 PM
Bump for a good seller. Got 2 from him on ARFcom.

blisster
05-03-2009, 9:52 PM
:Ivan:

TZL
05-03-2009, 10:14 PM
looks great, i just might need another sling plate....hmmmm

EZRider
05-04-2009, 4:49 PM
[SIZE="2"]I did not like anything that was currently on the market so I drew this one up and then tweaked it a little bit. Again, this is MY Design. No one else's. There are currently over a dozen sling plates
on the market today and this one is substantially different from them all.

ikickhippies,
There was a thread on here that said that Magpul tried to shut you down, claiming that your SLAP Plate infringed on its intellectual property. Any truth to that rumor? (From the quote above, it sounds like you are making a point that it does not infringe).

In any case, glad your still selling. I bought one of these on ARF. Good product. Fits perfectly. I like it better than the ASAP (and it's less expensive).

sirnonz
05-04-2009, 5:27 PM
nice product! will order soon.

gn3hz3ku1*
05-04-2009, 5:33 PM
ikickhippies,
There was a thread on here that said that Magpul tried to shut you down, claiming that your SLAP Plate infringed on its intellectual property. Any truth to that rumor? (From the quote above, it sounds like you are making a point that it does not infringe).

In any case, glad your still selling. I bought one of these on ARF. Good product. Fits perfectly. I like it better than the ASAP (and it's less expensive).
from what i recall.. when magpul demoed theirs at shot.. this was already on arfcom

ikickhippies
05-04-2009, 5:34 PM
ikickhippies,

I'm really glad you like the Plate. As far as the other thing goes- it's kind of like Fight Club. I can't talk about it. :rolleyes:

Everyone who bought one yesterday- Your plates were shipped out this afternoon via USPS First Class Mail. Please give them some time to get there as I am about as far from CA as I can get. It will take some time for them to get there.:)

ikickhippies
05-08-2009, 7:35 AM
Alright gents, you've bought me out for now.

If you would like to be first in line for the next batch please pay as normal but be advised that I am awaiting a new batch to be finished and it will be next Friday 5/15 at the earliest before I can ship any more.

Thanks again so much for everyone's purchases. If you paid before 5/8/09 your plate is in the mail.:thumbsup:

makav3li
05-15-2009, 1:02 AM
your website is down.....

makav3li
05-15-2009, 1:19 AM
never mind its back up

Ivanhoe
05-15-2009, 10:55 AM
are they back in stock?

larryb
05-15-2009, 12:08 PM
These are great. I bought from you on the other forum. I like it so much on my personal AR i may need to buy another for my duty AR.

sirnonz
05-15-2009, 1:39 PM
just put in my paypal order from your site.

glock_this
05-16-2009, 2:14 PM
I also just did paypal order from your site. interested in trying your design.

ikickhippies
05-22-2009, 7:25 PM
GET 'EM WHILE THEY"RE HOT;)

So Everyone who ordered one before today- your order is packed and going to the PO tomorrow.

I've got some left from this batch if anyone is interested. I can say that This will be the last batch that I will be able to sell for the low, low price of $20. Due to manufacturing costs going up on me the price for the NEXT batch will be $24 per unit or 3 or more at $22 per unit.

After this box is empty I'll update my website and paypal button to reflect the price change.

If you have mounted the SLAP to your rifle I'd love to see some images- please send the pics to ikickhippies@gmail.com. Eventually I hope to have a "user's page" on the website.

Thanks again so much for all the interest.

-D

glock_this
05-28-2009, 7:16 PM
FWIW... bummer to report, but this product did not work correctly for me when used with a Magpul CTR stock.. not enough room to close the stock to it's shortest setting as the ring portion sticks out about 3.2mm to far and bumps the leading edge of the CTR stock.

marc4
05-28-2009, 7:51 PM
I have 1 of the 1st generation and 2 of the 2nd generation. Great prices and fast shipping. Bought them from that other forum where they ban people for selling gun parts.

glock_this
05-28-2009, 8:21 PM
what was the diff between the 1st gen and 2nd gen?

I really like the product and concept, so I plan to get out my other AR and do some measuring as I might be able to use it on that and still salvage this purchase in the end. though I wanted it on this new build & bought it for the new build specifically. that, or maybe put it in a vice and squeeze it, but not sure how that will affect the bend and strength.. or just send it back. not sure yet.

ikickhippies
05-30-2009, 3:25 PM
I don't recommend bending it. As per our email you were not happy and I asked you to send it back. I'm not really sure what else I can do for you.

To clarify obviously it appears that Mapul's CTR and MOE stocks will not collapse to the 0 position. My plate does not interfere with anything at all on the weapon but for those of you who use CTR's/MOE's absolutely require your stock to close to the 0 position obviously my plate will not allow that to happen, and neither will any other aftermarket plate out there that I am aware of. Those stocks simply sit too far up on the receiver extension.

The SLAP has been tested with the following stocks with no other issues arising:
M4 Stock Mil-Spec
M4 Commercial
Vltor Clubfoot
Vltor Emod
LMT SOPMOD:thumbsup:

I'm almost out but will have another batch in by the end of the week.

Thanks to all those who have purchased plates. I'm current on all shipping right now so if you don't already have yours then it's on the way.:)

Greenspartan117
05-30-2009, 9:14 PM
just ordered one! I really like the look of these and you are a small business owner as well :-) Props to you!

sytfu_RR
05-30-2009, 10:55 PM
I bought one back over at Arf.com, great ambi sling plate, can't beat the price. I have it with a CTR stock, it's fine. I never put it the shortest setting anyways so the SLAP plate is perfect.

ikickhippies
06-07-2009, 7:55 PM
The parking guy just dropped off another 120 plates. Of course everyone who has paid should be receiving their plates this week.

Thanks again for all your support.

xx91x
06-07-2009, 8:37 PM
Great seller, good communication cool product deal with confidence

chrisdesoup
06-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Great seller, good communication cool product deal with confidence

+1 Got one last week!

glock_this
06-08-2009, 4:47 PM
I bought one back over at Arf.com, great ambi sling plate, can't beat the price. I have it with a CTR stock, it's fine. I never put it the shortest setting anyways so the SLAP plate is perfect.

sounds crazy, but I really want my CTR stock to work the way it was designed, which means, yes, I want to be able to use the last setting...

so I just bent that beotch into place while on the rifle with a crescent wrench... done :) now it works perfect :thumbsup:

Greenspartan117
07-17-2009, 5:43 AM
Do you have any more SLAP plates? :-P

dskell
07-17-2009, 9:55 PM
Just ordered one.

fusionstar
07-17-2009, 11:40 PM
man.. I just spent $21 on scratcher tickets and only got one.. "Ticket" Shoulda bought one of these plates..

ikickhippies
07-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Still have plenty available for those who were asking. I'll probably have to re-up mid August, and I am working on designs for a couple of different weapons.

I'll keep everyone posted.

dskell
07-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Got mine yesterday. Great piece!

ikickhippies
08-16-2009, 8:55 AM
Got mine yesterday. Great piece!

Sweet, thanks for your purchase.

Just got another batch in today. :)

All future units are marked with an IKH so that I know where they come from.;)

97F1504RAD
08-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Ordered one

JDMIS300
08-16-2009, 2:25 PM
Sweet, thanks for your purchase.

Just got another batch in today. :)

All future units are marked with an IKH so that I know where they come from.;)

I ordered mine last sunday. Will it have the "IKH"? Thanks for the service btw!

The Bacon Eater
08-16-2009, 3:25 PM
Order one. Thank you

ikickhippies
11-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Still have these for sale. The IKH markings evidently weren't meant to last as the machinist broke the die when he made the last batch. Oh well, it was cool while it lasted. Honestly I don't even think I kept one.

Anyone who purchased a SLAP Plate is encouraged to post pics in this thread of how they mounted it up and their sling setup. I'd love to see how they are working for all of you!:)

Thanks Again

crunchy53
02-27-2010, 7:42 PM
hey, anyone have trouble installing it. i just tried to install my slap plate that i bought from his site and im having a really hard time installing it, it is very tight on my buffer and i have to force it over the threads. is this normal? maybe out of spec? my original castle plate went on very easy.

97F1504RAD
02-27-2010, 8:59 PM
hey, anyone have trouble installing it. i just tried to install my slap plate that i bought from his site and im having a really hard time installing it, it is very tight on my buffer and i have to force it over the threads. is this normal? maybe out of spec? my original castle plate went on very easy.

Nope no trouble at all slipped right on. Try contacting him I am sure he will offer a suggestion or replacement.

bombadillo
02-27-2010, 9:04 PM
I would buy one just for the name.

arfan66
02-27-2010, 9:40 PM
Maybe you have a commercial receiver extension tube? IIRC the SLAP was designed to fit milspec tubes. I could be wrong......I'm sure filing the inside surface with a fine half round file will get it to slip over your tube. Good Luck!

glock_this
02-27-2010, 9:52 PM
I had some issues with fit, see around post #20.. but a vise fixed that. I now own 2 of these as I think the design is one of the best and makes the most sense and it is affordable.

crunchy53
02-27-2010, 10:28 PM
thanks guys just PMed him and waiting for a response. and just checked it is a milspec tube.

AdiosTony
03-03-2010, 2:43 AM
ordered 4 of these... how long did it take some of you guys to get yours? and how do you like them?

Kelvrick
03-04-2010, 2:26 PM
Anyone install one of these on an ACS or UBR stock yet? I'm wondering if they have the same problem as the CTR and MOE stocks.

Sky_DiveR
03-08-2010, 4:22 PM
ordered 4 of these... how long did it take some of you guys to get yours? and how do you like them?

Ordered 3 myself. Mine came in the other day. Arrived within the week. Good stuff.

D Mac
03-08-2010, 7:49 PM
Just bought 2. Can't wait.

kblack583
03-08-2010, 8:58 PM
Maybe you have a commercial receiver extension tube? IIRC the SLAP was designed to fit milspec tubes. I could be wrong......I'm sure filing the inside surface with a fine half round file will get it to slip over your tube. Good Luck!

Mine fit right on a commercial tube with no problem.

crunchy53
03-09-2010, 12:37 AM
i got a email from paypal when it got shipped. had to bust out the file a bit but went on in a few minutes. also, my moe stock goes to position 0.

glock_this
03-09-2010, 8:56 AM
Mine fit right on a commercial tube with no problem.

the tube style will not be the issue and has nothing to do with fit. it will fit over any mil or comm tube

the issue seems to be that for some, like me, the plate attachment area sticks out to far and so you cannot close your stock to position 0 without hitting the ring. so, you have to close the ring a tad bit to use that final 0 position. a vise can close it perfect and just a little bit you need.

iewsemaj
03-09-2010, 6:02 PM
Ordered 3

AdiosTony
03-16-2010, 1:30 AM
I ordered 4 SLAP plates but only received 3 of them... aside from that the plates in the pictures and black and they are also described as being black, the ones I received are a grey metal color. still waiting to hear back from this guy!

97F1504RAD
03-16-2010, 7:42 AM
I ordered 4 SLAP plates but only received 3 of them... aside from that the plates in the pictures and black and they are also described as being black, the ones I received are a grey metal color. still waiting to hear back from this guy!

Have you tried emailing him?

ikickhippies@gmail.com

glock_this
03-16-2010, 3:40 PM

I heard back, and he was kind of a jerk to me about me calling out the fit issue I had with a very popular stock.

yoda888
03-22-2010, 9:23 PM
Bump for any updates?

bigkahuna04
03-23-2010, 4:58 PM
Would you set up to receive GunPal? I would prefer to use them rather than PayPal....