PDA

View Full Version : CNN Luo Dobbs Exposes plot to subvertly remove 2nd ammendment.

spunk2
05-03-2009, 3:45 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=433_1241381319

Harrison_Bergeron
05-03-2009, 4:06 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reid_v._Covert

JDay
05-03-2009, 4:08 PM
:popcorn:

bodger
05-03-2009, 4:19 PM
IF this were to be ratified, what would it mean to the average gun owner?

Dirtbozz
05-03-2009, 4:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reid_v._Covert

Once Obama packs the courts, the Constitution will matter even less than it does now. "Stare Decisis" will be absolutely meaningless. How often in the past has that "pesky" Constitution stopped the left in this country. Obama will do what he wants to do until the balance in the Congress changes for the better. 2010 is our only hope.

bodger
05-03-2009, 4:29 PM
2010 is our only hope.
We have to put the skids on this crap of Obama's.

cortayack
05-03-2009, 4:39 PM
It means your current Government is void! The Constitution can't be changed by international treaty.

dondo
05-03-2009, 4:49 PM
I love Lou Dobbs.

DocSkinner
05-03-2009, 4:53 PM
It means your current Government is void! The Constitution can't be changed by international treaty.

you are right - but is having a roster of gun owners and sharing that that database with foreign powers really and infringement of keeping and bearing? I am sure he knows CONST>TREATY, but he will press that this isn't really an infringement.

However, (don't remember what all went on when this got pressed during Clinton...), As the militia is a defined entity in the US and in most states, couldn't then releasing military secrets/information (i.e.: names and addresses of militia members) during war time (we are at war) be treason?

Corleone
05-03-2009, 4:57 PM
Compared to the big whopping lies and distortions used to justify the Iraq war, this is quibbling.

Seems to me that some folks are looking real hard for something to be afraid of.

Jpach
05-03-2009, 5:24 PM
This guy is sick. Someone said something about Obama at the gym the other day and my gym buddy said "I love that guy..." and meant it. It is absolutely disgusting how the US sheeple dont even know what he stands for. My gym buddy thinks he knows what he is talking about but doesnt even know that the US is a constitutional republic and not a plain-jane "Democracy." I cant wait until this guy gets booted out

FullMetalJacket
05-03-2009, 5:25 PM
My days of not taking Lou Dobbs seriously are coming to a middle...

Nanook
05-03-2009, 5:38 PM
My days of not taking Lou Dobbs seriously are coming to a middle...

I ain't giving up Vera (my very favorite gun).

Not really contributing to the thread; just acknowledging a Firefly reference... :D

bodger
05-03-2009, 5:41 PM
Compared to the big whopping lies and distortions used to justify the Iraq war, this is quibbling.

Seems to me that some folks are looking real hard for something to be afraid of.

Like slowly, systematically, losing our Second Amendment rights.
Unfortunately, you don't have to "look real hard" to find that these days.

What, me worry?

grywlfbg
05-03-2009, 5:50 PM
Once Obama packs the courts, the Constitution will matter even less than it does now. "Stare Decisis" will be absolutely meaningless. How often in the past has that "pesky" Constitution stopped the left in this country. Obama will do what he wants to do until the balance in the Congress changes for the better. 2010 is our only hope.
Can you honestly sit there and think that only the left runs over the Constitution? Where the heck have you been the last 8 years? :rolleyes:

w55
05-03-2009, 5:51 PM

You don't need to look hard to find a lot to be scared of, from his cabinet picks, his comments he thinks are off mike, his friends, his lies about past associations, high fiving Hugo, going after people that helped stop terrorist attacks, there is a huge list and its only day 100.

Besides that yeah, nothing to worry about.

But then Im a right wing terrorist myself i guess now according to his swell Homeland Security Chief.

DocSkinner
05-03-2009, 5:56 PM
I ain't giving up Vera (my very favorite gun).

Not really contributing to the thread; just acknowledging a Firefly reference... :D

nice - such a good show - and kinda apropos. Tyrannical government - people out on the frontier just trying to stay alive and keep their guns...

DocSkinner
05-03-2009, 5:58 PM
you are right - but is having a roster of gun owners and sharing that that database with foreign powers really and infringement of keeping and bearing? I am sure he knows CONST>TREATY, but he will press that this isn't really an infringement.

However, (don't remember what all went on when this got pressed during Clinton...), As the militia is a defined entity in the US and in most states, couldn't then releasing military secrets/information (i.e.: names and addresses of militia members) during war time (we are at war) be treason?

ANd yes I know, the last part is way out - just pondering...

Experimentalist
05-03-2009, 5:58 PM
This on its face is bothersome enough, I'm not keen on sharing my information with foreign powers.

But as we've seen too often in the past, tools like these tend to morph over time into much more powerful - and unacceptable - than what was originally conceived.

Don't let the camel get his nose under the tent.

grywlfbg
05-03-2009, 6:01 PM
Can you honestly sit there and think that only the left runs over the Constitution? Where the heck have you been the last 8 years? :rolleyes:

Solidmch
05-03-2009, 6:19 PM

No but the left has a looooong history about ignoring and hating the 2nd ammendment... look at the ACLU

thegratenate
05-03-2009, 6:22 PM

Let's get some one into the White House that really is from the Right and then we'll discuss the results, I considered Bush 43 to be the lesser of evils, but he sure as hell didn't govern from the Right, it looks like he didn't even govern from the middle, the results seem to have been almost as far left as you can get without having been backed by Soros. Hell I bet he wouldn't even meet Neopalatinas definition of a "Right wing extremist".

bodger
05-03-2009, 6:22 PM

I get that, it's the big picture. What I'm asking is what are the nuts and bolts of this thing, (and yes, I know I could look it up, but I'm not doin' it, I'm asking here because I value the opinions here. And I'm lazy)
Does it meant that there will be lists of American gun owners compiled and sent to foreign governments or what?

badreligion
05-03-2009, 6:40 PM
This is gonna turn into one major class action lawsuit at the least, a civil war at worst. Lucky for us most decent police officers and the military are on our side.

lawnrevenge
05-03-2009, 6:48 PM
You guys are just bitterly clinging to your guns and religion.:)
Not surprised. This president doesn't have any American values, he was raised by extremists and black supremacists.

SimpleCountryActuary
05-03-2009, 7:03 PM

The problem is politicians who think that Big Government can keep us safe, give us jobs, provide health care, or change our Depends. Consider what happened on 9/11. Three jets with passengers obeying orders crashed into buildings killing other people. One jet, ONE, crashed into an empty field because the men on that jet fought back.

Cheney said the lesson of 9/11 was that the Government needed more power to fight terrorism. No. The lesson of 9/11 was that the People can fight back if Government gets its fat a** out of the way.

Lesson Two. The shoebomber, Reid, failed because the passengers took him down. Not the Sky Marshall. Not the pilot. The Passengers. And yet the TSA prevents passengers from being armed with other than sporks.

:mad:

AEC1
05-03-2009, 7:15 PM
We havent had a right leaning president since Ronnie. The Bush's were left, Fact is I only see republicrats and Democrats in politics nowadays...

bodger
05-03-2009, 7:20 PM
You guys are just bitterly clinging to your guns and religion.:)
Not surprised.

I resent that remark!!

I'm only clinging to my guns, I have no religion...wait a minute, can that be my religion? :13:

SubstanceP
05-03-2009, 7:24 PM
I get that, it's the big picture. What I'm asking is what are the nuts and bolts of this thing, (and yes, I know I could look it up, but I'm not doin' it, I'm asking here because I value the opinions here. And I'm lazy)
Does it meant that there will be lists of American gun owners compiled and sent to foreign governments or what?

Meh. Not likely you'll value my opinion but here it is. Those firearms you own, they are the "nuts and bolts of the this thing". What's to worry about if you know how to use 'em?

bodger
05-03-2009, 7:30 PM
Meh. Not likely you'll value my opinion but here it is. Those firearms you own, they are the "nuts and bolts of the this thing". What's to worry about if you know how to use 'em?

If I'm understanding your opinion, I value and in fact share it.

But, there might be things I could do to protest or help fight this thing prior to it coming down to using my guns to stop whatever action it may cause regarding me and my guns IF it were to be ratified.

I'm looking it up now, before someone flames me for being lazy and uniformed.

M. Sage
05-03-2009, 7:36 PM
The problem is politicians who think that Big Government can keep us safe, give us jobs, provide health care, or change our Depends. Consider what happened on 9/11. Three jets with passengers obeying orders crashed into buildings killing other people. One jet, ONE, crashed into an empty field because the men on that jet fought back.

Cheney said the lesson of 9/11 was that the Government needed more power to fight terrorism. No. The lesson of 9/11 was that the People can fight back if Government gets its fat a** out of the way.

Lesson Two. The shoebomber, Reid, failed because the passengers took him down. Not the Sky Marshall. Not the pilot. The Passengers. And yet the TSA prevents passengers from being armed with other than sporks.

:mad:

Nice.

Reid failed because he was a moron, though. IIRC, he was trying to set plastic explosive off by applying a lighter to it. It doesn't quite work that way. All it'll do is burn...

Nitpicking aside, I agree completely.

Gator Monroe
05-03-2009, 7:50 PM
We have to put the skids on this crap of Obama's.

We have to convince Dem/Lib & Libertarian posters at CGN that voting GOP is in their best interest in 10 ...:)

Gator Monroe
05-03-2009, 7:53 PM
We havent had a right leaning president since Ronnie. The Bush's were left, Fact is I only see republicrats and Democrats in politics nowadays...

Ditto , if the left saw a real conservative (Like Palin ) but newer they would reveal their fangs for all the United States to see ... (Again)

lioneaglegriffin
05-03-2009, 7:55 PM
Nice.

Reid failed because he was a moron, though. IIRC, he was trying to set plastic explosive off by applying a lighter to it. It doesn't quite work that way. All it'll do is burn...

Nitpicking aside, I agree completely.

he used Triacetone Triperoxide (TATP). (as a fuse)

The fuse was wet and wouldn't take.

so he wasn't trying to light the Pentaerythritol tetranitrate (PETN).

Roadrunner
05-03-2009, 8:42 PM
I appreciate that Lou Dobbs put this information out, but why is anyone surprised at this epiphany?

Dirtbozz
05-03-2009, 8:44 PM

I have no use for the Republican Party in it's present form either. Bush appears to have kept us safe, but that was about all I agreed with him on.

Bush's agenda was not near as bad as Obama's. Obama appears to be intent on destroying the Constitution (strictly my opinion), with the 2nd Amendment at or near the top of the list.

jamesob
05-03-2009, 9:13 PM
This is gonna turn into one major class action lawsuit at the least, a civil war at worst. Lucky for us most decent police officers and the military are on our side.
lawsuiuts don't accomplish much, civil war is more effective.:thumbsup:

gazzavc
05-03-2009, 9:24 PM
You don't need to look hard to find a lot to be scared of, from his cabinet picks, his comments he thinks are off mike, his friends, his lies about past associations, high fiving Hugo, going after people that helped stop terrorist attacks, there is a huge list and its only day 100.

Besides that yeah, nothing to worry about.

But then Im a right wing terrorist myself i guess now according to his swell Homeland Security Chief.

+1 :thumbsup:

lawnrevenge
05-03-2009, 9:28 PM
I resent that remark!!

I'm only clinging to my guns, I have no religion...wait a minute, can that be my religion? :13:

Hoplotarianism counts as a religion, hopolophilians agree.:thumbsup:

Kid Stanislaus
05-03-2009, 10:25 PM

Looks to me like some folks are wearing blinders.

DocSkinner
05-03-2009, 10:39 PM
If I'm understanding your opinion, I value and in fact share it.

But, there might be things I could do to protest or help fight this thing prior to it coming down to using my guns to stop whatever action it may cause regarding me and my guns IF it were to be ratified.

I'm looking it up now, before someone flames me for being lazy and uniformed.

Write your senators - oh wait, never mind...
;-)

write some OTHER state that has pro 2A senators and beg for help.

DocSkinner
05-03-2009, 10:42 PM
We have to convince Dem/Lib & Libertarian posters at CGN that voting GOP is in their best interest in 10 ...:)

we have to convince All people that voting for pro 2A people has to be a priority. Dems get away with anything they want by promising safety - Rep gets away with anything they want by promising guns. And we all line up like sheep behind one of those wolves, following teh carrot on the stick back to their den.

Dirtbozz
05-03-2009, 10:46 PM

There is no way to know what Bush's true motivation was, but "big whopping lies and distortions" was not part of the deal. Poor judgement, maybe; inaccurate intelligence, probably. Obama's agenda is a threat to the Nation, without a doubt (again, just my opinion). I just have to look at the White House to be afraid for my future, my freedoms, my country and the United States Constitution. And I'm not "looking real hard", I find it easy to do.

The 2ND Amendment, along with all of our other freedoms, are in his sights.

umoja
05-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Mildly disturbing.

But I'm not surprised.

Dr. Peter Venkman
05-03-2009, 11:26 PM

No. GOP needs to convince ME that they are for MY best interests.

lioneaglegriffin
05-03-2009, 11:50 PM

+1 stop giving GOP automatic pass and make 'em earn the pro-gun vote.

yellowfin
05-03-2009, 11:51 PM
We have to convince Dem/Lib & Libertarian posters at CGN that voting GOP is in their best interest in 10 ...:)If in fact the pro RKBA and pro Constitution people are running as GOP, yes. If we have nothing but RINO's again, then no. Of course it gets problematic when both are bad, hence the '08 election.

2009_gunner
05-03-2009, 11:58 PM

ditto. When the GOP grows a pair and can name a Federal department they want to eliminate, then I'll consider returning.

DDT
05-03-2009, 11:59 PM

In California the GOP is really your only pro-2A option. In other states there are pro-2A dems but not here. I'm open to having this proven wrong if you know of any. As for the balancing act of the rest of your interests, that's a decision only you can make. Lots of effed up policies on both sides of the aisle.

masstransit
05-04-2009, 5:51 AM

when push comes to shove and the rounds are hot those still decent peopel will follow orders. always will. with very few exceptions. do you have a purple flying unicorn in that world too?

BobB35
05-04-2009, 7:21 AM

This been argued here many time. There is a large group of people that would disagree and say that when push comes to shove they will follow orders. A different groups says, no they will stand up for the constitution. Me I am in the former group, based on what I have seen and read, I doubt most of the LEOs and military know what is in the constitution they have sworn to defend.

If they did know, they would be in Washington D.C. arresting the current group of representatives for violating the constitution. But since that isn't happening, I am pretty sure they are just going to do what they are told.

Fear is a great motivator and people will do strange things in the face of fear. I am positive this debate about what LEO and/or the military will or will not do will be decided within my lifetime. Unless there is a substantial change in the current system, I fear that law abiding citizens are going to be on the losing end of the argument.

Dirtbozz
05-04-2009, 7:53 AM
This been argued here many time. There is a large group of people that would disagree and say that when push comes to shove they will follow orders. A different groups says, no they will stand up for the constitution. Me I am in the former group, based on what I have seen and read, I doubt most of the LEOs and military know what is in the constitution they have sworn to defend.

If they did know, they would be in Washington D.C. arresting the current group of representatives for violating the constitution. But since that isn't happening, I am pretty sure they are just going to do what they are told.

Fear is a great motivator and people will do strange things in the face of fear. I am positive this debate about what LEO and/or the military will or will not do will be decided within my lifetime. Unless there is a substantial change in the current system, I fear that law abiding citizens are going to be on the losing end of the argument.

The Tea Parties that have sprung up over the last few weeks were not just about taxes. They were (and will be) about all of the current actions by the Federal Government. As I have stated (my opinion) the current crop of politicians (Democrats and Republicans) are, for the most part, corrupt elitists. The people must rise up and force them out of office (in 2010) if we hope to take our country back. We need to elect people who believe in the Constitution as written (not necessarily Republican or Democrat). If we are able to protect the 2ND Amendment (and all of our other rights) this is the only way it is going to happen. The Central Valley rally on the 4th of July is the next step (among many others). Please see the links below.

singleshotman
05-04-2009, 8:31 AM
Would you please stop posting this CRAP-i've read this at least twenty times on various boards.Our President can sign it if he wants to, doesn't mean a damm thing-it has to be approved by a 2/3 vote of the Senate, he's only got 58 votes.Remember President Wilson and the Leagune of Nations, i bet you never heard of it? It could have prevented WW2 but could not pass the Senate in 1919.This Treaty is DOA.

JGarrison
05-04-2009, 8:38 AM
This is posted on another forum, saying the treaty would not affect us at all.

"There are no changes to any of the pretty much non-existent regulations covering hobbyist reloaders.

Even if they further clarified the wording to mean individual states within the US, which is outside the scope of the State Department, it would not impact domestic manufacture and interstate commerce in firearms and ammunition manufacturing. If you are going to sale reloaded ammunition commercially, you are supposed to have a type 06, title 1 ffl. To make the transport of personal arms and/or ammunition between say Utah and Colorado, CIFTA says that the states must have applicable laws regulating such transport of manufactured ammunition or arms. Those laws already exist both federally and state to state with most states referring back to the existing federal laws.

What most people are not bothering to add 2 and 2 together about here is that the CIFTA document was written by the US State Department. The US State Department does not do anything related to domestic "treaties" or regulations. In the same manner that the CIA can not run domestic ops, the State Department is similarly limited in the scope of their abilities.

The US State Department can not regulate activities within the domestic United States."

RRangel
05-04-2009, 11:26 AM

Nice straw man. There is an old saying; ignorance is bliss. I say willful ignorance is a bigger problem.

lioneaglegriffin
05-04-2009, 1:40 PM
In California the GOP is really your only pro-2A option. In other states there are pro-2A dems but not here. I'm open to having this proven wrong if you know of any. As for the balancing act of the rest of your interests, that's a decision only you can make. Lots of effed up policies on both sides of the aisle.

my State Sen Curren Price. Look up his grade you'll be plesantly surprised its not a F lol. :chris:

Gator Monroe
05-04-2009, 3:19 PM

I'm sure that if you believe that then you would vote Democrat reguardless of who the GOP candidate is (In most future elections) :sleeping:

M. Sage
05-04-2009, 3:37 PM
Would you please stop posting this CRAP-i've read this at least twenty times on various boards.Our President can sign it if he wants to, doesn't mean a damm thing-it has to be approved by a 2/3 vote of the Senate, he's only got 58 votes.Remember President Wilson and the Leagune of Nations, i bet you never heard of it? It could have prevented WW2 but could not pass the Senate in 1919.This Treaty is DOA.

Even if he does get 2/3, it's no good because the Supreme Court has already ruled very clearly that treaties can't side-step the Constitution. Though it'd be one hell of a long and hard fight to get the treaty nullified...

I'm sure that if you believe that then you would vote Democrat reguardless of who the GOP candidate is (In most future elections) :sleeping:

Yes. Because there are only two choices. :rolleyes:

tiki
05-04-2009, 3:41 PM
Even if he does get 2/3, it's no good because the Supreme Court has already ruled very clearly that treaties can't side-step the Constitution.

Yeah, until it goes to a SCOTUS challenge with Obamas new appointees there. Come on, don't dismiss this so quickly and easily.

Gator Monroe
05-04-2009, 3:45 PM
Yeah, until it goes to a SCOTUS challenge with Obamas new appointees there. Come on, don't dismiss this so quickly and easily.

BHO will get 3 SCOTUS judges he wants befor 12 elections

M. Sage
05-04-2009, 3:47 PM

I'm not saying "don't fight this". Fight it; it's BS that he would even suggest something so idiotic. What I'm saying is that the odds of him winning on this issue are pretty damn slim.

Either way, I'm in TX, so even if he wins, I've got one more out on this one: TX would almost certainly wave goodbye if this goes through.

lioneaglegriffin
05-04-2009, 4:11 PM
BHO will get 3 SCOTUS judges he wants befor 12 elections

to replace 3 old libs.

Dirtbozz
05-04-2009, 4:43 PM
I'm not saying "don't fight this". Fight it; it's BS that he would even suggest something so idiotic. What I'm saying is that the odds of him winning on this issue are pretty damn slim.

Either way, I'm in TX, so even if he wins, I've got one more out on this one: TX would almost certainly wave goodbye if this goes through.

My wife and I took a trip to Texas a couple of years ago. Met some of the nicest people ever. Love the state. Couldn't get my Wife to move there because she wants to stay close to our Grand Daughter (understandable, of course). If Texas secedes, I could probably convince they whole family to move there.

Love that law that states if a firearm is made in Texas and used in Texas, the Feds have to stay hands off.

Commerce Claus :59:

Gator Monroe
05-04-2009, 4:46 PM
to replace 3 old libs.

Or two old libs and one middle/right judge killed in a tragic boating accident ?

lioneaglegriffin
05-04-2009, 5:29 PM
Or two old libs and one middle/right judge killed in a tragic boating accident ?

lol justice kennedy goes boating?

Gator Monroe
05-04-2009, 5:30 PM
lol justice kennedy goes boating?

No (The Brother):eek:

lioneaglegriffin
05-04-2009, 5:42 PM
No (The Brother):eek:

Ted? can he even do that anymore with the strokes and all? :confused:

Whiskey84
05-04-2009, 5:56 PM
you can't destroy the constitution without destroying the 2nd ammendment first. That's the tip of the spear...

Mug
05-04-2009, 9:42 PM
I have no use for the Republican Party in it's present form either. Bush appears to have kept us safe, but that was about all I agreed with him on.

If by US you meant U.S. civilians, then I whole heartedly agree with you except for on SEPTEMBER 11, 2001!

If by US you meant ALL U.S. citizens, then I whole heatedly disagree with you. His FUBAR war in Iraq has cost us 4,281++++ of our finest warriors and counting...

If Obama tries to pass CIFTA or any other law limiting our 2A rights, then he too is guilty of making us less safe.

Read it, get the facts, form you own independent opinion:
http://www.state.gov/p/wha/rls/49907.htm

Dirtbozz
05-04-2009, 10:23 PM
If by US you meant U.S. civilians, then I whole heartedly agree with you except for on SEPTEMBER 11, 2001!

If by US you meant ALL U.S. citizens, then I whole heatedly disagree with you. His FUBAR war in Iraq has cost us 4,281++++ of our finest warriors and counting...

If Obama tries to pass CIFTA or any other law limiting our 2A rights, then he too is guilty of making us less safe.

Read it, get the facts, form you own independent opinion:
http://www.state.gov/p/wha/rls/49907.htm

Obama is already guilty of making us less safe. He is weakening our defences and demoralizing the CIA, FBI and all other agencies involved in protecting the country. I am not sure how you read into my statement that I agreed with the Iraq war. :confused:

Obama will destroy the future of the country if he is not stopped. I didn't have much use for Bush, but this guy is 1,000,000 times worse.

Having an African American elected to the Presidency is a great milestone for the country and in itself, a great thing. It is just too bad that he is a Marxist/Socialist idealogue and a threat to our freedoms.

Once he takes our guns (if he is able) the Constitution will be toast.

cousinkix1953
05-05-2009, 12:51 AM
Obama is buddying up with Venezuela's Chavez. Chavez is absolutely known by our own gov't to be providing material support to Coluimbian terrorist FARC along with Cuba. One Big As* Mistake America
The coca plants don't grow in Mexico either; so those drug cartels import FARCs cocaine and to distribute it in the USA. Guess where they get real AK-47 assault rifles and rocket propelled grenades? Hugo Chavez has the American gun shows completely out classed with much cheaper prices on his military hardware too...

tiki
05-05-2009, 9:08 AM

Keep me posted on real estate. :)
I'll move wherever the greatest resistance is.