PDA

View Full Version : NRA Convention Roll Call! Sound off!

CHS
05-03-2009, 10:53 AM
I'll be there!

I will be bringing business cards and various assorted magazine locks and legal documentation to show off to vendors to see what more I can get imported into this beautiful state of ours :)

Who else is going?!

Calguns lunch or dinner on Saturday perhaps?

H Paul Payne
05-03-2009, 10:55 AM
I will be there.

GW
05-03-2009, 12:31 PM
I'll get there Friday night

bwiese
05-03-2009, 1:26 PM
Will be there Thursday nite; I believe Hoffmang will be rolling in somtime around then as well.

Will be staying thru Sunday.

Got Felonious Phil to house-sit for me, any 'unexpected visitors' during my absence will be in for a surprise.

nicki
05-03-2009, 1:29 PM
Perhaps we can have a meet.

Perhaps we all can PM each other's cellphone numbers so that we can meet?
I assume most of us will have cars and have left evenings free.

Nicki

7x57
05-03-2009, 4:33 PM
I fear I won't be--money is tight, and I'd have to abandon the wife with a newborn and a hyperactive four-year-old. It would be more likely if I had friends there to bum a spot on the floor from.

Heh. I haven't camped in the desert in a while though. :)

7x57

Liberty1
05-03-2009, 4:37 PM
Will be there.

1BigPea
05-03-2009, 6:14 PM
I'm heading out Friday AM early...

hoffmang
05-03-2009, 8:30 PM
With bells on.

-Gene

Legasat
05-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Unfortunately, I can't make it. Work Schedule.

But I will be there is spirit.

pullnshoot25
05-03-2009, 10:24 PM
With bells on.

-Gene

That should be a sight to see :)

Why oh why is the convention right in the middle of my schooling?

Blackhawk556
05-04-2009, 10:33 AM
How much is it to attend?
I would like to go but its the week before finals at school :(

bluestaterebel
05-04-2009, 10:49 AM
wont be able to make it, you guys have fun

Liberty1
05-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Calguns lunch or dinner on Saturday perhaps?

Sounds good. Someone who knows the area make plans please :thumbsup:

CHS
05-04-2009, 12:12 PM
How much is it to attend?

As I understand it, it's free to members.

There are a few paid events going on at the same time, but the exhibition hall is free to members.

Also, loaded open-carry is fine! :)

Lawful carry of firearms is allowed at the Phoenix Convention Center during the NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits except at events where alcohol is being served. Alcohol will be served at the following events, which makes possession of firearms at these events unlawful under state law:

National NRA Foundation Banquet
Celebration of American Values Freedom Experience Banquet
All Related Banquet Receptions

DedEye
05-04-2009, 2:47 PM
I'd like to be there. Road trip anyone :)?

Off to look at flights.

cactustactical
05-04-2009, 2:52 PM
I'll be there since I live in Phoenix! :)

I am probably goin on Sunday since it is my only day off. I'll be bringing some www.SecondAmendmentTaskForce.com Tee Shirts as well with me so if you see a guy selln Tee's for $15.00 that will be me :patriot:

I get off work at 2pm on Saturday so I might try to make it Sat eve as well.

Make sure you say hi!

blackberg
05-04-2009, 3:35 PM
been thinking of going, I dont know though, -bb

CHS
05-04-2009, 4:16 PM

I get off work at 2pm on Saturday so I might try to make it Sat eve as well.

Since you know the area, care to organize a Sat. night calguns dinner?

wildhawker
05-04-2009, 4:19 PM

Possibly; towing a few lines at work which may preclude me from attending the convention, but will be there otherwise.

cactustactical
05-04-2009, 4:36 PM
Since you know the area, care to organize a Sat. night calguns dinner?

I'll see what I can do :)

My main issue is that Sunday is Mother's Day and I have to make sure to spend some 'quality time' with my hunny as well so it depends on what I can come up with for her :)

What kind of food? How many people? Alcohol or no alcohol? No carrying of any firearms in any establishment which serves alcohol, not even with a CCW.

So if ya want to OC while here at dinner we would have to find a non alcoholic establishment.

:)

7x57
05-04-2009, 4:39 PM

Off to look at flights.

Yes, if I go at all I'd be interested in road-tripping it. What about lodging though? I'd guess all the cheap hotel rooms are booked.

7x57

cactustactical
05-04-2009, 4:43 PM
Heck.... If my wife wasn't having surgery on Friday morning I have 2 guest rooms and 2 couches that would have been avail.

But that is not an option this year, sorry

1BigPea
05-04-2009, 7:23 PM
As I understand it, it's free to members.

There are a few paid events going on at the same time, but the exhibition hall is free to members.

Also, loaded open-carry is fine! :)

The convention center is open and free to NRA members, LEO and Service Members, as well as (family with guest passes). There are certain engagements that you have to pay for, the best bet is go here http://www.nraam.org/ for all of the event details.

If you have a valid CCW you are able to carry concealed as well. I called the Phoenix Convention Center and spoke with them regarding that, as long as it is in an area that does not serve alcohol you can carry CCW in the Convention Center, that is AZ law. Also for special engagements there might be signs posted with no CCW allowed.

There is also discounted housing at a lot of the hotels around the Convention Center that the NRA has secured for this event. I got set up at the Hyatt for almost a hundred a night less than what hotel pricing was. If you can get a room at the Hyatt that is a nice hotel right across from the Convention Center.

I went to college at ASU and know that the downtown area definitely has some good eateries for us CalGunners. For a central location downtown with a great view and good experience I recommend the Hyatt Compass. http://www.phoenix.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp;jsessionid=V5IXBVZI5ZKMCCTEAGCCFFQKMQAYK IV0

If anyone wants to do this Friday night PM me so I can get a head count and I'll set up the reservations. If not, any other ideas are definitely cool and I'll try to meet up if possible. :thumbsup:

Jeni Talwart
05-05-2009, 6:15 AM
I will be there too. This is my first time and would like to know what products if any are sold?

H Paul Payne
05-05-2009, 6:31 AM

I am probably goin on Sunday since it is my only day off. I'll be bringing some www.SecondAmendmentTaskForce.com (http://www.SecondAmendmentTaskForce.com) Tee Shirts as well with me so if you see a guy selln Tee's for $15.00 that will be me :patriot:.

I thought the "Second Amendment Task Force" is part of the NRA. http://www.nrahq.org/GIVEJOINHELP/satf/

Paul

Liberty1
05-10-2009, 12:00 AM
So if ya want to OC while here at dinner we would have to find a non alcoholic establishment.

:)

OC and CC friendly place would be good. Any thoughts? Sat. Night might be good.

bwiese
05-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Some of us (Cannon, myself, The_Quark - perhaps hoffman) will be staying at the Wyndham.

tyan
05-10-2009, 11:57 AM
I will be there Thursday night and leaving Sunday night. Staying in the Airport Hilton Garden Inn.

Probably going to talk to Brownells about getting some special tool for building a Cal legal AR. Does anyone know if Brownells is OLL friendly?

I will also check out Trijicon on their new mini red-dot and horse shoe reticle ACOG.

CHS
05-10-2009, 8:16 PM
Probably going to talk to Brownells about getting some special tool for building a Cal legal AR. Does anyone know if Brownells is OLL friendly?

Not exactly sure what kind of "tool" is needed to build a CA-friendly AR.

You build an AR as normal, and install a bullet button and 10rd magazine. No out of the ordinary tools needed.

CHS
05-10-2009, 8:18 PM
I'll be leaving SoCal Friday morning in my truck. Staying at a friends house about 5 miles from the convention center. Angie is flying out Saturday afternoon to join me.

I would really love to have a Calguns Saturday night get together.

Someone on this thread already mentioned the Hyatt, that's fine with me.

If it's a place that serves alcohol then we can't carry at all. That's actually also fine with me. That kind of activism isn't activism in Arizona, it's SOP :)

Quiet
05-10-2009, 11:46 PM
thr.org has a thread about OC place to have dinner in Phoenix, AZ. (http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=449093)

Seems they are talking about the Golden Corral (http://www.goldencorral.com/locator/default.asp).

Appears to be a buffet type place and they cater to large parties.

Planning a meeting, banquet or party?
Most Golden Corral® restaurants have a private meeting room available at no extra charge. Contact your local Golden Corral® to verify the availability of a private meeting room.

Large Party Accommodations:
For assistance in booking a large party at Golden Corral®, please call your local Golden Corral®.

artherd
05-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I will be there!

ivanimal
05-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Ill be there Thurs thru Mon, I am staying with friends 1/2 hour away.

drawn
05-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Thursday-Sunday Mom's Condo in Tempe.

cactustactical
05-13-2009, 2:02 PM
I'll be there Friday from about 1pm - close... Can't miss me, if you see me wearing my SATF Tee ya better say "Hi"!!

Art
www.SecondAmendmentTaskForce.com

Lex Arma
05-13-2009, 3:50 PM
I'll be there wearing a white cowboy hat and a sh*t eating grin.

bwiese
05-13-2009, 5:58 PM
I'll be there wearing a white cowboy hat and a sh*t eating grin.

I thought Gene & I replaced your sh*t eating with steak 2 wks ago :)

Kestryll
05-13-2009, 6:00 PM
Ill be there Thurs thru Mon, I am staying with friends 1/2 hour away.
That makes two of us.
Same schedule, Thurs. PM-Mon. AM

Look for the Calguns T-Shirt.. ;)

With bells on.

-Gene
I'm not sure if this makes me want to cancel my flight or double check my camera...

CHS
05-13-2009, 6:09 PM
FYI, if anyone wants to contact me a text message or phone call to 714-612-5554 will get the job done :)

I would still love to get together with some people either Friday night or Saturday night, with Saturday night preferred.

Lex Arma
05-14-2009, 6:38 AM
I thought Gene & I replaced your sh*t eating with steak 2 wks ago :)

I no longer eat it, but I still have the grin. :rolleyes:

Coffee
05-14-2009, 1:41 PM
Sounds like many are going!

What do they try to accomplish at the annual meeting?

hoffmang
05-14-2009, 7:03 PM
I'm running 12 hours behind my original schedule. Be there mid-day tomorrow.

Darn lucrative day job.. :D

-Gene

CHS
05-14-2009, 7:35 PM
I'm running 12 hours behind my original schedule. Be there mid-day tomorrow.

-Gene

Heh, I'll be there around the same time.

I've got a satchel full of magazine locks, FFL paperwork and CA legal documentation, plus a lower for bullet button demo's. I've got a lot of vendors to talk to this weekend :)

Tomorrow afternoon I was thinking of hitting up the Scottsdale Gun Club to thank them for shipping into California and maybe doing some shooting before hitting the bars with a couple friends.

Saturday and Sunday I'll be hitting the convention floor.

Angie comes in Saturday evening.

1BigPea
05-14-2009, 7:56 PM
I'm leaving tomorrow at 5am, see you all there.

This is going to be good!! :D

Kestryll
05-14-2009, 7:58 PM
I'm sitting in Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport waiting for Ivan's flight to arrive, I'm couch crashing at his friend's house.

Dang Phoenix is HOT!!!

domokun
05-14-2009, 9:38 PM
I'm sitting in Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport waiting for Ivan's flight to arrive, I'm couch crashing at his friend's house.

Dang Phoenix is HOT!!!

Go find yourself some HOT eye candy to look at and help pass the time waiting for Ivan. :D

nicki
05-14-2009, 10:20 PM
So, any plans for a get together yet?

Nicki

drawn
05-15-2009, 8:23 AM
Registered yesterday and the Program has a flier for a place called The stockyards. An 1889 saloon, restaurant and banquet facility for groups over 20.

Off to the American Values Leadership Forum at the US Airways Center.

7x57
05-15-2009, 9:50 AM

I'm sure you'll get a *ton* of sympathy over that particular cross you have to bear. :nopity:

7x57

cactustactical
05-15-2009, 10:42 AM

Dang Phoenix is HOT!!!

LOL.... It isn't HOT yet :p

Just wait until Summer! It will get upwards of 120+ on the nice days and stay over 100 all night long. Love it when I am siting on my back porch at 11pm and it is still 105 outside! :eek:

Welcome to Phoenix!

I'll be out at the show by about 1-2 this afternoon. If you see a guy wearing a SATF Tee Shirt it will most likely be me so give me a hollar (I'll be waring the SATF Tee, NRA hat on backwards and I got a trimmed goatee)... :cool:

Art