PDA

View Full Version : SDPD officers banned from DGM?

MAC USMC
05-02-2009, 8:46 PM
Is it true that SDPD officers have been banned from doing business at Discount Gun Mart in San Diego?

tyrist
05-02-2009, 10:05 PM
I don't really see how a department could actually do that in anyway.

BigDogatPlay
05-03-2009, 10:08 AM
The department can order you to not do something. Whether the order is lawful or not.... who knows?

This is being discussed in another thread and might be FUD.

Jonathan Doe
05-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Why would any agency ban their officers where they shop? If there is a problem with the store, they should investigate or whatever they have to do. I think it is not right for someone orders others where to shop or not.

Big D
05-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Maybe he meant that DGM doesn't want to do business with sdpd. I just asked an officer and she told me that no one told her she can't shop there

Grumpyoldretiredcop
05-03-2009, 11:26 AM
No department can order their officers not to shop in a certain store on the officer's own time. On department time, possibly. Sounds like FUD to me.

modls7
05-03-2009, 9:22 PM
When was this? I walked into DGM about two months ago and two officers walked in to do business.

Nightmare
05-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Gentleman, there has been no recent movements in banning SDPD or any Law Enforcement personnel from Discount Gun Mart, nor will there be any bans of Law Enforcement personnel in the store. I believe it was a miscommunication or a rumor. However we welcome LE and do our best to serve them, and will continue to.
As a side note from another thread, there are no investigations undergoing which would halt our services to LE personnel.

Regards,
The other Ski