PDA

View Full Version : CMMG Dedicated 22LR Upper (Experiences)

HK Dave
05-02-2009, 2:48 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the quality of a CMMG Dedicated 22LR Upper?

I've noticed most people on this forum have Spikes 22lr dedicated uppers and theres tons of conversation about them but I've found very little about the CMMG dedicated 22lr upper.

Anyone? :)

Arteel
05-02-2009, 3:37 PM
I have one, but haven't shot it yet since its been raining lately. Maybe tomorrow though. It seems to be of really good quality thought just handling it. Fit and finish is good. I'll let you know how it shoots once I get a chance to. :thumbsup:

pbrand
05-02-2009, 4:14 PM
For a KISS build I suppose either are fine. I like the Spikes SD Specter with a free float tube and fake can. For more information check out the rimfire section on AR15.com. Tons of information!

HK Dave
05-03-2009, 2:27 PM
I've looked on ar15.com as well as scoured the web. I can't seem to find anything on these uppers... do they actually exist?

Arteel
05-03-2009, 4:48 PM
Yes, I have one. Took it out today and had a lot of ftf's. I'm going to do some modding and take it back next weekend.

I've looked on ar15.com as well as scoured the web. I can't seem to find anything on these uppers... do they actually exist?

HK Dave
05-03-2009, 9:28 PM
What kind of ammo were you using?

Arteel
05-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Blazer. Going to try some mini mags next time after I "tune" it.

Update: After polishing up the rails and heading out to the range again, I gave it another go. Same problems with the blazer. Tried some american eagles and mini mags and had about 1 or 2 FTF. After that, I didn't experience any other problems and accuracy was very acceptable. I'm very happy with this upper :thumbsup: