PDA

View Full Version : New to the whole ppt thing

CA_SHARPSHOOTER
05-02-2009, 11:43 AM
I just recently turned 21 and started buying handguns and such, So far I have only bought from dealers so I am new to all the rules on buying from non-ffl's. are the laws the same for handguns and rifles?

lets say I purchased a handgun on the april 15th from a store then on april 30 I saw a ar type rifle that I wanted to purchase here on calguns, when we meet at an ffl what happens? do I pay and have to wait for 10 days? do I have to wait till my 30 days from the handgun purchase are up and then start my 10 day dros?

I am lost with all of this legal crap

Mssr. Eleganté
05-02-2009, 11:55 AM
If you buy a handgun from a Dealer then you need to wait 30 days before you can buy a handgun from any other Dealer. But you can buy as many handguns through PPT's as you want. These PPT's are conducted at a Dealer, but you are not buying the guns from the Dealer. If the gun is shipped to the Dealer then it does not count as a PPT. You still need to wait 10 days to pick up your PPT'd handguns.

You can buy as many long guns as often as you like. There is no "one per 30 day" limit for long guns, no matter who you buy them from. You do have to wait 10 days to pick up long guns as well.

CA_SHARPSHOOTER
05-02-2009, 12:11 PM

bruceflinch
05-02-2009, 5:51 PM
Congrats on your decision to be a responsible gun owner & Happy Birthday!