PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 AR style stock questions

Meety Peety
05-01-2009, 4:54 PM
Hey guys, I'm somewhat interested in picking up one of the AR style conversion kits for a 10/22, but had a couple simple questions. The kit doesn't come with a butt stock, forearm or grip.. but will it accept any ar15 compatible parts? I wouldn't want to end up having to buy a forearm/stock/grip made specifically for this kit since I have some I could use, but it doesn't really say on the description. I would assume it takes ar15 compatible parts, but just wanted to double check before I track one of these kits down.

Heres a link to the kit for reference http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=RGR-800

Also, if anyone has actually picked one of these kits up, how do you like it? Any complaints?

Thanks!

Pete

Arteel
05-01-2009, 5:02 PM
I would save my money and wait for reviews on the Sig 522 or M&P 15 .22lr if you really want the feel of an AR.

xibunkrlilkidsx
05-01-2009, 5:05 PM
i know people who ahve and hated them. I have a christy and christy stock on mine. pistol grip, adjustable stock, and 3 rails on the front. as close to an ar15 as ill probably get to.

Meety Peety
05-01-2009, 6:21 PM
Hmm well I could just buy a conversion for my ar if I strictly wanted the feel, this is more just because I like tinkering with my guns, and this seemed like a cool little kit for the 10/22. All of the stocks/kits for this gun, and not one that I REALLY like a whole lot. Bummer.