PDA

View Full Version : will a voter registration card work?

Chewyoates77
05-01-2009, 11:17 AM
I did a search and don't find anything for a registration card.
Here is my issue. I am moving back in with my parents (grrr) and I am getting all my bills switched over. (Cell, credit cards, etc)
But I issue is when I go and try to get a handgun. I am looking to do a PPT this weekend. And I have no utility bills/pink slip with my new address, BUT I already updated my voter registration. (So I could vote on the 19th)
Can I use that as proof of residence?
(And my address for my license has been updated (got one of those lil brown cards)

domokun
05-01-2009, 11:20 AM
No. It will not work. See here for the list of items that will work: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/chapter4.pdf

wildog8812
05-01-2009, 1:34 PM
I knew a guy who did not live at home any more because he was at school but his home address on his DL was still his parents which is perfectly legal. Since all his bills were at a different address he had his parents write up a lease agreement that he signed with the address on his DL and they both signed it. It worked when he bought three different guns at different places and every gun shop owner said it was odd but still legal. May want to give it a try...good luck