PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Armament bad experience..

Bruce3
05-01-2009, 8:25 AM
I bought a Stag lower from them about a week ago, got the tracking number the same day and everything was going smoothly. I got a phone call from RifeGear that my lower has arrived and to come in a dros it. I showed up and filled out all the paper work and then took a look at the lower. Opened the box and i noticed white specks all over the lower, I just thought it was some dust and tried to wipe it off but it wasn't coming off. The guy who was helping me with the dros tried cleaning with some CLP and it still wouldn't come off. So i spent 2 days trying to get a hold of Dynamic Armament, left 3 voice mails and sent 2 emails. On the third day i get a message on my phone saying to contact Stag Arms directly for warranty. The lower hasn't been drosed so its not mine yet. This really pees me off because i contacted Stag about 10 min ago and they said it would be 6-8 weeks to get one out to me. Dynamic Armament still has Stag-15 in stock so they could of exchanged a lower for me but decided not to, this isnt asking much considering the guy at RifleGear helping with the dros said if they had a Stag in stock they would of swapped it for me with their own. I was surprised when he said this considering its not even their problem but willing to help me out. I don't feel like waiting another 3 days for Dynamic Armament to get back to me only to say pound sand. So its going to be 6-8 weeks and to top it off i was planning to do a dros two rifles at once but since i can't dros them both im going to have to pay full dros twice or wait 6-8 weeks. In short Dynamic Armament has bad customer service and RifeGear are good people.

BONECUTTER
05-01-2009, 8:35 AM
I just help a guy in riflegear that was almost in the same boat as you. But I can't remember where he got his from. It looked so beat up. The guy called the place and they did the whole "CLP it" thing. We tried but it looked terrible. It was sent back and a new one came in about a week but it still didn't look great. Much better than the first one so he decided to keep it.

I have seen that a lot over the last few years. Sorry man....it sucks.

Barney Gumble
05-01-2009, 9:43 AM
What difference does it make how it looks? It's not your girlfriend, it's just a tool.

Go build it and get it out to the range instead of wasting time and energy going in circles trying to fix something that doesn't even matter.

Black Majik
05-01-2009, 9:47 AM
What difference does it make how it looks? It's not your girlfriend, it's just a tool.

Go build it and get it out to the range instead of wasting time and energy going in circles trying to fix something that doesn't even matter.

Would you accept a brand new car with dents all down the quarter panel? After all, it's just a tool to get from point A to point B.

tomd1584
05-01-2009, 10:04 AM

I really hope you don't practice the advice you just gave. I certainly don't buy NEW things that are damaged, even if the damage is cosmetical. If you pay for something NEW, it should be free from defects.

militia_bob
05-01-2009, 10:04 AM
If it makes you feel better.

Stag has great customer service. I bought a lower that had bubbling of the finish. Stag sent me a new lower with the same serial number. No need to go through a FFL again.

Barney Gumble
05-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Would you accept a brand new car with dents all down the quarter panel? After all, it's just a tool to get from point A to point B.

Sure, if it cost the same as a Stag lower. A better analogy would be a hammer or a wrench. When I buy those I'm not too concerned about looks either, just function.

I'm just saying, for a 6-8 week wait I wouldn't bother unless I was missing other parts anyway, like the LPK or bolt group. I'd rather be shooting. If he can get one in a week or two then go for it.

Bruce3
05-01-2009, 2:14 PM
I went in to RifleGear to get things squared away, they were really good about helping me. They got everything taken care of before I left the store. They said Stag is pretty good about replacing stuff and that i should have my lower in a week or so instead of the quoted 6-8 weeks.

Sam1
05-01-2009, 2:38 PM
if you paid with a credit card you should of had rifle gear ship it back and reverse the charge by calling your CC company and just buy a lower from riflegear. I'd be furious if dynamic sold me a firearm or part with paint on it, I don't even know who they are but thanks for letting us know not to do business with those shady people :90:

high_revs
05-01-2009, 3:34 PM
...RifleGear helping with the dros said if they had a Stag in stock they would of swapped it for me with their own. I was surprised when he said this considering its not even their problem but willing to help me out.

which is why RifleGear is a top-notch vendor in my book.

lasereye
05-01-2009, 4:03 PM
Are these the lowers that were selling for $130?

dac41
05-01-2009, 4:22 PM

Pwn3ed

Bruce3
05-01-2009, 4:58 PM
Are these the lowers that were selling for $130?

yes, the $130 ones.

a-shot
05-01-2009, 5:14 PM
That speaks volumes for riflegears cs, which should be in the title of the thread...

Richie Caketown
05-01-2009, 5:57 PM
Rifle gear is in costa mesa right? they dont have a huge store when you walk in there , i think they are more of an online vendor than instore. Is this the same rifle gear?

Barney Gumble
05-01-2009, 7:38 PM
Pwn3ed

Nice try.

Pwn3d

Xerxes
05-01-2009, 8:24 PM
I bought a Stag lower from them about a week ago, got the tracking number the same day and everything was going smoothly. I got a phone call from RifeGear that my lower has arrived and to come in a dros it. I showed up and filled out all the paper work and then took a look at the lower. Opened the box and i noticed white specks all over the lower, I just thought it was some dust and tried to wipe it off but it wasn't coming off. The guy who was helping me with the dros tried cleaning with some CLP and it still wouldn't come off. So i spent 2 days trying to get a hold of Dynamic Armament, left 3 voice mails and sent 2 emails. On the third day i get a message on my phone saying to contact Stag Arms directly for warranty. The lower hasn't been drosed so its not mine yet. This really pees me off because i contacted Stag about 10 min ago and they said it would be 6-8 weeks to get one out to me. Dynamic Armament still has Stag-15 in stock so they could of exchanged a lower for me but decided not to, this isnt asking much considering the guy at RifleGear helping with the dros said if they had a Stag in stock they would of swapped it for me with their own. I was surprised when he said this considering its not even their problem but willing to help me out. I don't feel like waiting another 3 days for Dynamic Armament to get back to me only to say pound sand. So its going to be 6-8 weeks and to top it off i was planning to do a dros two rifles at once but since i can't dros them both im going to have to pay full dros twice or wait 6-8 weeks. In short Dynamic Armament has bad customer service and RifeGear are good people.

I bet those white specs are crack crystal meth cocaine.

I hear since they can't get you on a OLL that they are putting this stuff in the lowers so they can get you on something bigger which is a drug trafficking charge.

Buy the cheapest lower you can find, expect the cheapest results.

It is insanity to expect a different result.

Go cheap, get cheap, complain about its cheap look, what did you buy it for, for how it looked in the safe or when you showed it off to your friiends as to which of you men had the larger....uh.....gun......uh.....thing, or if it went boom when you pulled the trigger and a hole appeared in the ten ring, I hear complaints about the former without ever hearing about the latter.

Bruce3
05-01-2009, 9:53 PM
I bet those white specs are crack crystal meth cocaine.

I hear since they can't get you on a OLL that they are putting this stuff in the lowers so they can get you on something bigger which is a drug trafficking charge.

Buy the cheapest lower you can find, expect the cheapest results.

It is insanity to expect a different result.

Go cheap, get cheap, complain about its cheap look, what did you buy it for, for how it looked in the safe or when you showed it off to your friiends as to which of you men had the larger....uh.....gun......uh.....thing, or if it went boom when you pulled the trigger and a hole appeared in the ten ring, I hear complaints about the former without ever hearing about the latter.

This isnt my first Stag lower, i bought one a year ago and it was cherry.

aermotor
05-01-2009, 11:02 PM
That's too bad, I just had an amazing experience with them on my Stag lower, shipped fast, 7 days to go. It's too bad they woudn't swap it. I don't know how bad it was but honestly.... I'd just take it ad have the lower. Not gonna ruin the world but I understand the annoyance completely.

thedrickel
05-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Stags are ugly IMHO. The markings are terrible and inconsistent.