PDA

View Full Version : WTT: Custom Colt Sistema 1911 for AR or Rem. 7615

Rudolf the Red
04-30-2009, 10:49 PM
I bought this gun with my C&R license years ago. It is a 1927 Argentine Colt Sistema. It shot poorly, had the worst sights on the planet, and just looked tired. So, I shipped it down to Don Williams at The Action Works in AZ for a makeover as a Bullseye pistol. I happily shot Bullseye in Sacramento for a short time but my work took me north. No one shoots Bullseye up here. I have not shot it since Feb. 2007. With the way things are going, I want to consolidate calibers. I only have one .45ACP. I used to have a Colt Sporter from 1993, but it was stolen in 2003. Still have the mags though! Thus, I want to trade this fantastic .45 for a AR type rifle in .223. I like iron sights. No bare top rifles. I would also take a Remington 7615 with ghost sights and cash for the 1911. Please post pics with any offers and also, no cash offers. I do not want cash. This gun is paid for and I would like another one for it. Thanks.

Here is what I have in the Colt:

Gun: $400
The Action Works: $1136
Total: $1536
I have put about 3 boxes of ammo through it. I mostly shot my Kimber .22lr in practice. I have 4 mags, I think, and a reduced weight Wollf spring for target loads.

Work on pistol:

-Trigger job with match trigger
-hand fitted Kart Match bbl.
-Reliability Package
-lowered and flared ejection port
-extended slide release
-thin cocobolo grips
-installed Bo-Mar lo-mount rear sight
-furnished and installed dovetail front sight
-complete gun Birdsong Black-T finish
-Wolff 16.5 recoil spring
-furnish new sear
-furnish and install new plunger tube

All this done buy one hell of a gunsmith.
Trigger is a sweet 3 lbs.

I'm a dealer, so naturally, I would like to just take care of it here but I am open to discussion.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/rudolfthered/SistemaA.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/rudolfthered/Sistemab.jpg

This is from my first Bullseye match. It's still my best centerfire slow fire score(91). Looks bad, but that is 20 yards, one handed with CCI Blazer ammo by an unclassified shooter (me) :) . This gun shoots very well.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/rudolfthered/45target.jpg

I welcome questions. Please ask.

Rudolf the Red
05-01-2009, 9:10 PM
BTT

For trivia's sake, the shotshell holding the gun is a Remingtom 8ga.(:eek:)Industrial load I found on a hillside during a survey in Trinity County. It seems they have some kind of rig that uses these rounds to impact something on a steel plate placed firmly on the ground. Seismic study, evidently.

operationblackwater
05-01-2009, 9:41 PM
Nice!!

Rudolf the Red
05-02-2009, 9:02 PM
BTT

Rudolf the Red
05-03-2009, 11:55 AM
BTT

Rudolf the Red
05-04-2009, 9:10 PM
BTT

Rudolf the Red
05-05-2009, 9:09 PM
BTT

bin31z
05-05-2009, 11:25 PM
wow...I dont know if it was such a great idea to spend that much money on a sistema...i doubt your gonna get any offers.

Rudolf the Red
05-06-2009, 8:54 PM
wow...I dont know if it was such a great idea to spend that much money on a sistema...i doubt your gonna get any offers.

Pardon me, but who the hell are you to decide? My gun. My money. Don Williams is one of the best gunsmiths in the US. Go shoot your Glock for-tay.

This Colt shoots better than anything you have. I promise. :rolleyes:

chefdude
05-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Whats with all the Thread Crapping this week in the Market Place I swear I have seen 20 this week....Rudolf that is a sweet Colt, those who have never shot a 1911 just dont know and Don did the work on that...sweet.

Free Bump

Rudolf the Red
05-07-2009, 9:47 PM
Whats with all the Thread Crapping this week in the Market Place I swear I have seen 20 this week....Rudolf that is a sweet Colt, those who have never shot a 1911 just dont know and Don did the work on that...sweet.

Free Bump

Thanks Chef! :thumbsup:

I know this is a tough trade. I may revert to cash at some point.

I would take a Remington 7615 with ghost sights and cash in trade also.

compsoftstation
05-07-2009, 11:22 PM
It is not the gun it is the person who customized it!

Rudolf the Red
05-08-2009, 9:12 PM
It is not the gun it is the person who customized it!

Thank you. That is quite correct in this case.

http://www.theactionworks.com/

Behold the origin of The Gun.

D.R.E.
05-08-2009, 9:52 PM
Not that I have cash, but waiting for the price :)

I really don't understand why generally people don't seem to understand the value of having a top gunsmith work on a pistol, at least when it comes to resale. Guns are just metal/wood/plastic. It's the guy putting them together that makes it extraordinary (or not).

Bump for a cool gun!

forgiven
05-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I remember when people were actively seeking the same Argentina 1911's for the same purpose of customizing. Nice job on yours.

Rudolf the Red
05-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I remember when people were actively seeking the same Argentina 1911's for the same purpose of customizing. Nice job on yours.

I sent Don the gun and e-mailed him a simple request:

I want a Bulleseye gun with thin wood grips, an extended slide release, and Black-T finish.

This gun was the result. It works really well for what it is intended for. I never even worked up a load for it. Someone out there will. And this thing will shine!

If I can't find a trade, I will most likely go for cash. Please, no more PM's with offers. I am still looking for a trade. Keep posted if interested.

Edit: forgiven did not PM me with offer. I do not want to imply that.

parcours
05-09-2009, 5:35 AM
I have a Sistema Colt and LOVE it... The only difference it's in .22.

I purchased it from a local gun shop and the gun had been never fired since it was converted in the early '70's. I especially enjoy when folks tell me it's a POS, how you own that.... I say, ya, sure a POS....

I have three magazines and if you know anything about Sistema 22 mags, that's all I will say.

I had a guy at a gun show told me he will give me $200, after all it's a Sistema...:rolleyes:

Rudolf the Red
05-09-2009, 9:01 PM
BTT

steelrain1
05-09-2009, 9:30 PM
bin31z is just a thread crappin punk who tries to talk smack cause he can't afford your custom 1911. Don't let these wanna be computer hard, 100 pounds soaking wet, jerks get you down. He is just another ignorant idiot who needs to keep his opinion to himself.... Bump for a custom

Rudolf the Red
05-10-2009, 9:59 PM
BTT

Rudolf the Red
05-11-2009, 9:24 PM
BTT

richarab
05-11-2009, 10:05 PM
I just wanted to tell you that I think that gun is a piece of art

Rudolf the Red
05-12-2009, 8:52 PM
I just wanted to tell you that I think that gun is a piece of art