PDA

View Full Version : *SPF*SPF* WTS/WTT: S&W Model 22A Target Pistol .22lr - San Diego

yellowreef
04-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Up for sale is a Smith & Wesson Model 22A Target Pistol in .22lr.

5-1/2" Bull Barrel
Full Length Sight Bridge with Integral Weaver Style Optics Mount
Rear Adjustable Target Sight (Windage and elevation)
HIVIZ® Front Sight
Soft Touch Rubber Target Grip
Ambidextrous Magazine Release

I purchased this, about a year and a half ago, to teach my nephew some marksmanship skills. He has since outgrown it, and I don't need it. It has approximately 200 rounds out of a 500 round brick of Federal Ammo. The rest of the ammo is also included. Also included are the original two magazines and factory carry box.

This is a great target gun, and an inexpensive way to spend time at the range with ammo prices the way they are these days. It is also a great begginer gun to get someone started in target shooting, or teach pistol marksmanship to a loved one.

I am asking $300 OBO for it. I paid almost $460 for it with tax (not including DROS) at a local shop. It has a couple of small scratches under the barrel, and a small piece of the soft rubber is lifted behind the grip. The rest is in perfect shape and it functions very well. This is not the cheaper version of the 22A (This is the 107426).

Will consider trade or part trade/cash for ammo in .308/7.62x51/.270/.223, or a similar value weapon that interests me (almost anything.) PM offer for trade, worst case scenario is I just say no.

Here is technical information:

Model: 22A
Caliber: .22LR
Capacity: 10+1 Rounds
Barrel Length: 5 1/2"
Front Sight: HI-VIZ Front
Rear Sight: Adjustable Target
Grip: Plastic Grip
External Safety: Manual Thumb
Frame: Large
Finish: Blue / Black
Overall Length: 9 1/2"
Material: Alloy
Weight Empty: 39 oz.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/reptokill/IMG_0731.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/reptokill/IMG_0736.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/reptokill/IMG_0737.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/reptokill/IMG_0738.jpg

yellowreef
05-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Ok. Went and borrowed a camera :eek: Don't be shy, make an offer for $ or trade on this great target gun. :thumbsup:

Roofman
05-01-2009, 3:12 PM
PM sent

patrickm
05-01-2009, 3:34 PM
PM sent

yellowreef
05-02-2009, 2:46 PM
THIS POST EDITED 5:30 PM SATURDAY 5/2/2009

I have received numerous PMs. Edited this post to add a few replies and clarifications without the thread bump police jumping all over me.

I don't have any plans to travel anywhere up north any time soon. I thank everyone for their interest and PMs but this will most likely be a local sale. Shipping would just make the price range go higher for the buyer, and that wouldn't be fair for this gun.

Second point, to people who have inquired about the price range. Yes, it is listed for $356 on the Smith & Wesson website, but to that you would have to add shipping, CA tax, and the fee from the FFL to accept the transfer. It would definitely be over $400. I paid $460 locally including tax, not including DROS, according to my receipt. I am not trying to price gouge anyone, I just don't need the gun anymore. People need to understand that website price is not "in your hand" price, especially in California. The only added price to buying it from me is the $35 PPT. When you PM me, make an offer. Commit to a specific amount, and I will take it into consideration even if lower than the asking price, as long as it is a fair offer. Keep in mind I will also take part cash/ammo in the calibers listed above.

Thanks for the interest.

P.S.

Ditch, I did reply by e-mail. Your PMs are disabled for some reason.

MILLITIAof1
05-02-2009, 2:52 PM
coming towards Santa Clarita anytime soon?

AgentAK
05-02-2009, 2:54 PM
Like I told ya, if it was pink, I'd be all over it! Hmmm...spray paint...maybe the wife wouldn't notice?

Ditch
05-02-2009, 7:23 PM
Did you get my PM?

yellowreef
05-03-2009, 1:54 PM
SPF to Ditch. Thanks for the interest everyone.