PDA

View Full Version : Thanks.....

Casual_Shooter
04-30-2009, 8:49 AM
Thought I'd take a minute to offer my thanks to those who serve as LEO's.

When we find ourselves in bad situations, we call and you respond- not knowing us- walking into an unknown situation ready to calm things down, take the bad people away or just offer support.

Thank you.

heyeugenio
05-01-2009, 4:48 PM
to respond on behalf of my fellow brethren.

"As a law enforcement officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality and justice."

The 1st paragraph to our Code of Ethics. I read it everyday. Day in and day out. Before I head out into the field and especially when I return.

No need for thanks, it's an honor to serve those that recognize it.

Jonathan Doe
05-01-2009, 6:41 PM
Nice to see some people show appreciation. On the other hand, I have received a formal compaint from the National Organization for Women, had couple civil right violation law suits, citizen complaints....all of them were not found, but nevertheless, the record stays in my performance index.

yzernie
05-01-2009, 7:17 PM
Thank you very much for your kind words. I have come in contact with many decent people over my career and it is always nice to hear a compliment. Despite what he said above, I if you read between the lines of what topgun7 wrote, he is really saying thank you too and thank you to the decent citizens we meet. Sometimes it takes a cop to translate cop language!! :D

Casual_Shooter
05-04-2009, 9:23 AM
I'm glad a few of you read this.

From talking with the Sheriffs who came out for my incident, I learned that they seem to be getting more complaints these days. Blame it on the economy, I guess, but it can't be a nice feeling to go out on a call only to get a complaint about it later.

Keep your heads up. :)

bluestaterebel
05-04-2009, 4:11 PM

When we find ourselves in bad situations, we call and you respond- not knowing us- walking into an unknown situation ready to calm things down, take the bad people away or just offer support.

Thank you.

:thumbsup:

yzernie
05-05-2009, 9:25 AM
I'm glad a few of you read this.

From talking with the Sheriffs who came out for my incident, I learned that they seem to be getting more complaints these days. Blame it on the economy, I guess, but it can't be a nice feeling to go out on a call only to get a complaint about it later.

Keep your heads up. :)
I'm sure many have read your post but simply have not commented. Complaints are a part of it all. Some people complain even when we help them out. Just a part of it all I guess!!

lavgrunt
05-05-2009, 11:12 AM
.....Thanks very much for your support.......People like you are the reason we do what we do.........

It is an honor to serve citizens like yourself...........

7222 Hawker
05-11-2009, 1:17 AM
Ya know, I was called sexist within my first two weeks on the job. Then a racist for writing a ticket to someone the same race as my wife. You never can win as a cop. But, its nice to hear someone say thanks, even if its an anonyomous Joe on the internet.

low94noma
05-11-2009, 1:25 AM
I want to give a thanks also. I was previously involved in a non sworn affiliation to the Sheriffs Department. Thinking about it makes me want to go for the academy and try and get hired on. Back in my earlier youth, I did not appreciate much of the authority but being affiliated with the Sheriff department gave me a new perspective about the job. I now appreciate what you guys and gals do. Thanks for doing your best to keep the scum on the streets under control Maybe one day I can join you.

Ron-Solo
05-20-2009, 8:50 AM

Thank you.

Thanks!

I think most of us realize that the majority of people feel this way, but they don't know how to express themslves.

Most people find it easy to express themslves when they are angry, which adds to the complaints. Those come with the job. I tell every one of my deputies to look beyond the anger of the complaint and see what they could have done better, even if the complaint is utter BS.

Jwood562
05-20-2009, 11:16 PM
it truely is an honer to serve people who respect and thank us.

I can deal with dirtbags all day but to respond to a call where a thankful and respectful person needs me and I can make their difficult time better is what it is all about.

I love hearing people tell me that they love and respect us and I love telling them that I work for them and serving them, thats what this job is all about.

Casual_Shooter
05-21-2009, 10:18 AM
I hope the local SO's felt the same way as you do when I thanked them. :thumbsup:

Steyrlp10
06-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Adding my thanks too to all of you who watch out for the rest of us...

I love my Boy in Blue so much that I practice at the range because someone certainly has to watch his back -- and he can't complain because it's for free!