PDA

View Full Version : Squires Bingham Model 20

bigthaiboy
04-30-2009, 1:30 AM
I've been offered an old K-Mart branded Squires Bingham Model 20 with two magazines for a cheap price, and thought I might add it to my .22 plinker collection.

I realize it is basically an Armscor Model 20 (Made in the Philippines) made for K-Mart, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with either the Squires Bingham or the Armscor Model 20 and whether this model is known for it's reliable feeding or not.

offrdmania
04-30-2009, 6:10 AM
I guess it would depend on how much, under $100 id probably pick it up too. Anything over 100 and you are getting back to its retail price which is just over 200

bigthaiboy
04-30-2009, 12:33 PM
I guess it would depend on how much, under $100 id probably pick it up too. Anything over 100 and you are getting back to its retail price which is just over 200

Seller wants $80. I have seen just the magazines sell for $35 each, so with two included I can't go wrong at that price. I'm just curious to know how well these rifles would work.

mrhappy
04-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I've got an old Squires Bingham M20 I was given free about 20 years ago. It was a complete action, no stock, mag, just the "gun". Kinda rusty, but all there and nice shiny bore. Fired a couple of rounds through it and surprisingly, it worked fine. Cleaned it up, picked up some mags and a stock from Numrich, and gave it an Alumahyde paint job. Shoots as good as my trusty Glenfield M60. Looks like you can still buy 'em new from Centerfire this weekend for about $80, though; just got a sale e-mail.

bigthaiboy
04-30-2009, 1:13 PM
I've got an old Squires Bingham M20 I was given free about 20 years ago. It was a complete action, no stock, mag, just the "gun". Kinda rusty, but all there and nice shiny bore. Fired a couple of rounds through it and surprisingly, it worked fine. Cleaned it up, picked up some mags and a stock from Numrich, and gave it an Alumahyde paint job. Shoots as good as my trusty Glenfield M60. Looks like you can still buy 'em new from Centerfire this weekend for about $80, though; just got a sale e-mail.

Yes, I got the ad to. The one I've been offered looks exactly like the current M20P but with a varnished wood stock.

BroncoBob
04-30-2009, 3:22 PM
Yes, I got the ad to. The one I've been offered looks exactly like the current M20P but with a varnished wood stock.

Only problem Centerfire will not sell semi auto rifles to CA.