View Full Version : ----------FS: Nickeled Colt Pythons in Nor Cal

04-29-2009, 8:30 PM

7) SPF to Leo
Colt Python 6” Nickel finish .357mag good-very good condition (90-95%)
Serial number: 873XXE (1978?) Original Colt wooden grips I think.

I apologize for my approximate estimate of the gun’s condition. I don’t know exactly how to judge a used nickel finish. The pictures will do a better job.

This gun is was shot very little, probably a few hundred rounds from the carbon on the front of the cylinder—the turn ring is very faint. There is no flaking, pitting, chips, nor dents, but there are two light discolorations—one on the cylinder and one spot on the right side of the frame below the cylinder. You can see them in the pictures. The entire nickel finish has a burnished look to it, as if it has been handled a lot. I don’t know how else to describe it; it’s “scratched--like it needs a good polishing” but there are no ‘scratches’ or “error blemishes” like an idiot scratch on a 1911.

Bore is at least 98%, lockup is tight, and the trigger is as the others, very nice.

The wood grips are in “average” condition. There are several dents and a couple chips in the wood’s finish coating. There is one spot on the bottom back portion of the right-side grip that has been gouged.
[B]$1200 (5 pictures)

04-29-2009, 8:46 PM
6" Python w/ wooden grips $1200. Please email for more pictures.

6" Python. I'll take it!

04-29-2009, 8:47 PM
6" Python. I'll take it!

Lucky Bastid!!

04-29-2009, 9:12 PM
6" Python. I'll take it!

Make sure you email him