PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, bwiese for SVSC talk

otteray
04-29-2009, 6:00 PM
I was really pleasantly surprised at how much misinformation about gun laws was cleared up last night by Bill Wiese, at our SVSC meeting in Santa Cruz, that has members and support of NRA, CRPC, GOC and CGF.
Or, at the very least, that he brought more awareness to my local community about legal misconceptions and where to go (Calguns) for the truth.
Discussion topics ran through past, present and future possibilities, truths, lies and misconceptions from citizens, government and fellow progun groups.
I would recommend that if anyone needs a knowledgable speaker, look no further; he is here. Bill also knows several other law smart gunnies that he can recommend for a visit in your area, I'm sure. Bring awareness to your hometown!

Just remember to hide the coffee pot, :rolleyes: because Bill does get fired up and on a roll when talking about the future hopes :thumbsup: for California gun owners! Thanks again, my friend.

Shotgun Man
04-29-2009, 6:07 PM
Is there a video?

bwiese
04-29-2009, 6:23 PM
Hey, I have fun when I'm caffienated. Thanks for the extra coffee, Ray - it got me back over the hill wide-eyed.

(Was a long day, crashed on the sofa on arrival home - and woke up at 3:30AM with a sore neck and with the cat sniffing my forehead...)

Helluva nice gang there.... I'd be a member there if I lived on the other side of the hill!

And now that I think of it I may have used a cuss word or two in my talk, forgetting that I was in a church - apologies.

Saigon1965
04-29-2009, 6:30 PM
Wouldn't be you otherwise - LOL -

And now that I think of it I may have used a cuss word or two in my talk, forgetting that I was in a church - apologies.

otteray
04-29-2009, 6:48 PM
Aw shucks, that's okay, Bill.
They were kinda more like, heck, Jimmy Stewart cuss words.

trilogy
04-29-2009, 6:56 PM
Whoa totally missed this...I'm in Santa Cruz and would have loved to have been there. What's this SVSC thing?

--Matt

WokMaster1
04-29-2009, 7:55 PM
It's OK, God is very forgiving! :thumbsup:

lobonegro
04-29-2009, 8:31 PM
(Was a long day, crashed on the sofa on arrival home - and woke up at 3:30AM with a sore neck and with the cat sniffing my forehead...)

Bill I hope that is a euphemism there!

DDT
04-29-2009, 8:33 PM
Bill I hope that is a euphemism there!

I hope it isn't.

Santa Cruz Armory
04-29-2009, 8:41 PM
Great information!

Thanks Bill, and thanks Ray for setting up the meeting. Bill had a lot of great information that like minded Cal Gunners enjoy but I think a few folks were like :eek: and totally lost.

I'd love to see him back and maybe bring Ed Worley and/or Paul Paine with him.

BTW that was the longest meeting ever...

Bill delivering "The Word of CG"

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/BLFD1/BWIESE.jpg

hoffmang
04-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Woot!

-Gene

bwiese
04-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Bill had a lot of great information that like
minded Cal Gunners enjoy but I think a few folks were like :eek: and
totally lost.

I tried to pause fairly frequently for questions 0- but I think I've learned I need to do it more and divide up some of the segments better. I also think some folks - perhaps the 'more senior' there may have been shy about asking questions, which they shouldn't have. Some folks did come up afterwards.

I did meet a lotta great folks!

I'd love to see him back and maybe bring Ed Worley and/or Paul Paine with him.

Of course, and I'll be chatting with 'em soon. I do believe they'd love to solidify linkages with private sports clubs like this so there's yet an additional "gun in our holster" besides the Members' Councils, active NRA members, Calgunners, and active folks from the newly-invigorated CRPA.

BTW that was the longest meeting ever...

Well, when I get wound up... and on caffeine... ;)

jdberger
04-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Bill delivering "The Word of CG"

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/BLFD1/BWIESE.jpg

You know, when you have your hands in your pockets, it makes your tushie look fat.....;)

That aside - Bill's a smart speaker. CalGuns is lucky to have him.

bwiese
04-30-2009, 12:08 AM
You know, when you have your hands in your pockets, it makes your tushie look fat.....;)

Actually, I was winning 2-0 playing pocket pool :)

jdberger
04-30-2009, 12:13 AM
Actually, I was winning 2-0 playing pocket pool :)

You always win when you play with yourself.

(goodness, did I just say that?)

Anyway - I sent you a PM...