PDA

View Full Version : Calguns Polo's for show Booths

Can'thavenuthingood
04-29-2009, 3:55 PM
Okay guys, some not so good news.

With the first 2 shows we did, Cow Palace and Del Mar we were able to supply the Royal Blue polo shirts for the Volunteers manning the booths. I thought it was a terrific idea as it would give us a more Professional appearance setting us apart from the crowd.

The shirts come in at $15 each and when you total the cost of shirts for 12 to 16 people per show it adds up fast. This is money we could be just giving to the Foundation rather than run our personal funds dry. Its a pretty good hit to the pocket book.

We, Brandon & I, are trying to figure out the best way to go about outfitting the booth Volunteers with some sort of uniformity so to present a Teamwork effort.

For now just plan on breaking out your best bib & tucker or shooting clothes and looking like a regular Calgunner instead of being all gussied up in a snazzy polo.

I want to thank all you Volunteers for stepping up and putting yourself out there amongst the maddening crowds. You're super people.

We'll figure something out.

Thanks again,

Vick

soopafly
04-29-2009, 4:13 PM
Vick, I'd pay 15 bucks for a snazzy Calguns polo...it just has to have a logo that I design embroidered on it;) We'll talk about it...

DocSkinner
04-29-2009, 4:14 PM
Okay guys, some not so good news.

With the first 2 shows we did, Cow Palace and Del Mar we were able to supply the Royal Blue polo shirts for the Volunteers manning the booths. I thought it was a terrific idea as it would give us a more Professional appearance setting us apart from the crowd.

The shirts come in at $15 each and when you total the cost of shirts for 12 to 16 people per show it adds up fast. This is money we could be just giving to the Foundation rather than run our personal funds dry. Its a pretty good hit to the pocket book.

We, Brandon & I, are trying to figure out the best way to go about outfitting the booth Volunteers with some sort of uniformity so to present a Teamwork effort.

For now just plan on breaking out your best bib & tucker or shooting clothes and looking like a regular Calgunner instead of being all gussied up in a snazzy polo.

I want to thank all you Volunteers for stepping up and putting yourself out there amongst the maddening crowds. You're super people.

We'll figure something out.

Thanks again,

Vick

I'll pay $20 for a Calguns Volunteer shirt for volunteering.

davedog665
04-29-2009, 4:18 PM
Yup i'll be there on sunday and i would pay $15 for a shirt. I mean im their to support calguns but least this way i can walk away with something and it shows other members at the range i helped out. :thumbsup:

domokun
04-29-2009, 4:25 PM
How about a snazzy Calguns Booth T-shirt instead? Something simple and unique for those who've volunteered at the booth?

elrcastor
04-29-2009, 4:25 PM
I'm also game for the cost of a shirt.

Rukus
04-29-2009, 5:10 PM
I'd pay for a shirt to work the booth.

wildhawker
04-29-2009, 5:56 PM
How about a snazzy Calguns Booth T-shirt instead? Something simple and unique for those who've volunteered at the booth?

This is something we're kicking around- maybe Soopafly or another designing guru can help here?

For now, booth volunteers will be outfitted with Calguns gear as will be sold at the shows.

B Strong
04-29-2009, 6:05 PM
I'll buy mine.

Jaiofspam
04-29-2009, 6:38 PM
i just bought the black w/ white print tshirt :p im good to go for the show :thumbsup:

Eat Dirt
04-29-2009, 7:29 PM
I'll buy mine , If it helps out

sorensen440
04-29-2009, 7:34 PM
Just dressing nice would probably be good enough

I'm hoping to make the san jose one and I would be willing to buy a shirt if thats what everyone was doing but would probably be better if we just donated to the cgf

BlkWgn
04-29-2009, 8:00 PM
As many have said, this site has done a ton to educate me in the short time I have been coming here and would be more then willing to pay 15-20 for the shirt

soopafly
04-29-2009, 9:41 PM
This is something we're kicking around- maybe Soopafly or another designing guru can help here?

For now, booth volunteers will be outfitted with Calguns gear as will be sold at the shows.
I'll work on something for a t-shirt and polo. Just give me a few weeks, I don't have much free time these days.

Crusader
04-29-2009, 10:18 PM
I'd buy a Polo if the design was embroidered. Or I'd buy the T-shirt as long as it isn't white.

DocSkinner
04-29-2009, 11:04 PM
I'll work on something for a t-shirt and polo. Just give me a few weeks, I don't have much free time these days.

Not sure of your sources, but a friend of mine's wife has a small independent (home based, but pro equipment) embroidery business in Alameda - he is an "old timer" that used to do a lot of hunting around here, but I don't think a CGer, and both good down to earth people. I can PM you contact info if any interest.

sytfu_RR
04-29-2009, 11:47 PM
I'd Like a Polo, think its a good in-between. Like a casual look.

jdberger
04-29-2009, 11:53 PM
I've a friend that does embroidery, too. Nice stuff. I'll see if I can get a decent picture.

Oh - I'm happy to buy a shirt, too.

soopafly
04-30-2009, 8:36 AM
Not sure of your sources, but a friend of mine's wife has a small independent (home based, but pro equipment) embroidery business in Alameda - he is an "old timer" that used to do a lot of hunting around here, but I don't think a CGer, and both good down to earth people. I can PM you contact info if any interest.
PM Vick(Can'thavenuthingood), the OP in this thread, about that. I do the design work(only 1 so far, the Calguns "tactical" logo) and Vick distributes the the shirts/caps/stickers, etc. for Calguns.

mrlonewolf
05-01-2009, 3:48 PM
I'll buy mine....:thumbsup:(Polo embroided?)

Can'thavenuthingood
05-01-2009, 5:21 PM
Hmmmm, hadn't expected so many Volunteers wanting to buy their shirt to wear at the booths.

It takes about 3 days for the polo's to get to me from the wholesaler. Then about 4-5 days (workload depending) for the local embroidery outfit to complete the job. Then typically 2 days to get it anywhere in California. UPS has been delivering the next day but I prefer a cushion.

I'd need about ten days complete to get an embroidered polo to you. If you folks get together with your show coordinator with sizes and male or female styles, we could do a mass order. I'd ship to your coordinators address in time for the show.

Or on an individual basis I can order, embroider and ship directly to you.

Its an option, comments? Ideas?

What do you think wildhawker?

Vick

bplvr
05-01-2009, 11:08 PM
I'll send in $15.00 for mine from the Del-Mar show .I was proud to wear it .{and will again.}
This isn't about the money ,it is about honor and duty.

DocSkinner
05-01-2009, 11:43 PM
I'll send in $15.00 for mine from the Del-Mar show .I was proud to wear it .{and will again.}
This isn't about the money ,it is about honor and duty.

Honor and duty! what are you - like 80?(+) ;-)

that is what has been lost in America - it is all now "how much can I get for me, and screw everyone else!" and then people wonder why our society is falling apart... Just look at teh ammo threads - screw everybody - I got mine, and I got yours and now will sell it at 300%+ profit - but its all good "american" capitalism!

But on one hand, I can't fault them, as that is the real lesson all our current policies instill - oh - and that if you screw up? its okay - the gov't will pay for your losses, and prevent you from being sued! So why not screw everyone for immediate profit? Its the American way according to many. Guess I am a last hold out, along with you, about honor, duty, and to your fellowman, not just to your own self promotion.

DocSkinner
05-04-2009, 8:37 AM
Shirts -

Having seen both now at the Palace, I think something a little different, Like the polos works better. If it is going to be a preorder and get them, You could do a cotton button down shirt as well.

I do think a a custom version of the logo that denotes "volunteer" helps as well. Makes it very clear they are NOT donating to pay us to be there. Think really that is all the more complex it would need to be. All about KISS... Simple, clean, and professional.

And it gives people that little incentive to volunteer as they can get something only volunteers can get. You know, kinda like how the CLEOs and do the CCW process... ;-)

And offering the embroidery options to everyone sounds like it has some interest - just saw another thread about hats and people wanting their handle embroidered on the back.

soopafly
05-04-2009, 8:54 AM
Vick,

I emailed you some ideas last night, a couple of which include a t-shirt and polo shirt for CGN booth volunteers

-P.

tyan
05-04-2009, 9:13 AM
I am going to get one and wear it for the NRA show in Phoneix......then go visit the LaRue Tactical booth (#538). :thumbsup:

Rukus
05-04-2009, 9:27 AM
I think it would be good to have the coordinator for each site round up his/her crew and get the order ready

Can'thavenuthingood
05-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Vick,

I emailed you some ideas last night, a couple of which include a t-shirt and polo shirt for CGN booth volunteers

-P.

Got'em and PM sent.

Vick

wildhawker
05-04-2009, 2:19 PM
Vick,

-P.

Please do me a favor and copy me on these emails as well. combspm@gmail.com

-Brandon

wildhawker
05-04-2009, 2:20 PM
I think it would be good to have the coordinator for each site round up his/her crew and get the order ready

That would be ideal.

Can'thavenuthingood
05-08-2009, 12:29 PM

Probably the best way or at least most inexpensive way to get a shirt.
I ordered 2 in and was charged $12.08 shipping
And then there are other things they like to add on,
Invoice Handling Charge $3.75
Credit Card Cash Loss Discount .75

Total cost to me is $39.78

So the price of one shirt to me is right at $20 then add in the embroidery and shipping to you, the wearer.

I'm looking for a different supplier as well as embroidering.

Have some negotiations going on now and we'll see what develops.

In the meantime if you guys and gals want to wear one of these polos, we can cut costs by getting a larger number in the shipment.
So yes, get together and see who wants to purchase one to wear. We got tapped out pretty quick providing them for the Volunteers.

Important reason for selecting this particular shirt was that it came in sizes from small all the way to XXXXXXL (6XL). I needed to have something to fit every Calgunner both male and female out there if needed.

Vick

microstencil
05-08-2009, 3:38 PM
I also will pay for my shirt

coop44
05-18-2009, 8:08 AM
calguns wet tshirt contest. with ladies, not ivan.

Can'thavenuthingood
05-20-2009, 4:21 PM
Polo's were ordered Monday night for those who ordered.

I had a couple sizes on hand and sent those out, four I think.

Vick

weezil_boi
05-31-2009, 9:47 PM
Are the polos $39 or $15? Is there a picture of the logo available anywhere?

colors avail? Id like one.

A couple of us from sac were thinking of making a trip down there (Fresno) to help out. Still need help? If so, we'd like to come.

Can'thavenuthingood
06-01-2009, 6:40 AM
Are the polos $39 or $15? Is there a picture of the logo available anywhere?

colors avail? Id like one.

A couple of us from sac were thinking of making a trip down there (Fresno) to help out. Still need help? If so, we'd like to come.

Don't know who the coordinator for the Fresno show is yet. Since we are now in June plans ought to start being formulated.
I'm 33 miles south of Fresno so we need someone in the Fresno/Clovis area to be the central gathering point. Receive shipments of booth materials from LA and San Fran, coordinate with the show promoter, put the schedule together for Volunteers to work etc.

Yes I think help is still needed.

Polo's are $20 and come in the Royal Blue.
Go to this link and scroll down to the polos, click to enlarge.
http://www.gunsr4.us/shirts.html

wildhawker ought be along shortly, he is the Calguns event coordinator for the state. Currently getting over pnuemonia and I hope still in bed until he's 100% operational.

Vick

DeviLDoc8483
06-01-2009, 10:59 PM
I volunteered for the Del Mar show back in March and they didnt have enough Polos so I just bought a CGN T instead. I was willing to buy the Polo if there were more. I like the Polo.

AnnieOakley
06-01-2009, 11:32 PM
can you make some buttie shorts with the logo also?? for spare time use only not for use during volunteering...... but I would so pay the $20 for a shirt to volunteer in my area!!

Can'thavenuthingood
06-02-2009, 9:32 AM
can you make some buttie shorts with the logo also?? for spare time use only not for use during volunteering...... but I would so pay the $20 for a shirt to volunteer in my area!!

I'm lost here, whats a buttie short?

Vick

AnnieOakley
06-02-2009, 1:52 PM
I'm lost here, whats a buttie short?

Vick sorry it was really late and i am a bad speller "Booty shorts" is what i ment lol... i was all looking at it this morning y did it not make sense well it is my bad spelling!! lol

Can'thavenuthingood
06-02-2009, 3:19 PM
Okay I have it now.

Checking with suppliers for shorts now.

Colors?
Size?
Belt loops?
Lace?
Zippers?
Lycra?
Spandex?
Cotton?
Blend?

Vick

AnnieOakley
06-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Okay I have it now.

Checking with suppliers for shorts now.

Colors?
Size?
Belt loops?
Lace?
Zippers?
Lycra?
Spandex?
Cotton?
Blend?

Vick

:thumbsup:
colors any
size small.... lol well you can get med and large too
belt loops no thanks
lase thats up to you
zipper uhhh i do not think so...
lycra no
spandex yes
cotton yes
blend sounds great
;)
thanks!!

TheCilician
06-03-2009, 11:55 AM
:thumbsup:
colors any
size small.... lol well you can get med and large too
belt loops no thanks
lase thats up to you
zipper uhhh i do not think so...
lycra no
spandex yes
cotton yes
blend sounds great
;)
thanks!!

Agreed. I'll take one for the Glendale Show. How much?

Can'thavenuthingood
06-03-2009, 3:05 PM

Still working it up and looking for best deal, quality, pricing, variety etc.

Vick

TheCilician
06-03-2009, 3:59 PM
Alright. I'll see what I can find here. Usually Downtown LA has some good "swapmeets" outdoor markets with vendors of "blank clothing"....good prices.

I'll let you know next time I visit the area. (good quality and all)

Thanks for taking the lead Vick.

Can'thavenuthingood
06-03-2009, 4:35 PM

Are you speaking of the bootie shorts or the Polo?

If you are going to wear the bootie shorts to the gun show I reckon you'll get plenty good deals:)

Vick

TheCilician
06-04-2009, 9:42 AM
Are you speaking of the bootie shorts or the Polo?

If you are going to wear the bootie shorts to the gun show I reckon you'll get plenty good deals:)

Vick

Well my girlfriend always did tell me I had great legs...so yeah sure put me in for some bootie shorts! I could hire some strippers to come and be booth babes. But the problem is, we aint sellin' much!

On topic, serious question: Is the CG booth going to promoting gun sales from out members? What I mean is, bring the market place from online to the booth, and whoever signs up their items for sale, they must agree to donate atleast 5% of their sale to the CG foundation....???

Can'thavenuthingood
06-04-2009, 11:13 AM
On topic, serious question: Is the CG booth going to promoting gun sales from out members? What I mean is, bring the market place from online to the booth, and whoever signs up their items for sale, they must agree to donate atleast 5% of their sale to the CG foundation....???

No gun sales at the booth, not geared up for it and I don't believe we've ever considered it as an option.

The Calguns booth is to promote Calguns.net as an online source of information and camaraderie.
A place for like minded people to come together and discuss various aspects of firearms etc.
A place to get the latest information regarding gun rights and Legislative Bills relating to firearms and what we can or are doing about it.

Some guys bring their guns to demonstrate to the showgoers things about the OLL's, C&R weapons or their particular gun hobby.

One need not be an expert in any one thing, just be personable:)

Vick

TheCilician
06-04-2009, 12:12 PM
The Calguns booth is to promote Calguns.net as an online source of information and camaraderie.
A place for like minded people to come together and discuss various aspects of firearms etc.
A place to get the latest information regarding gun rights and Legislative Bills relating to firearms and what we can or are doing about it.

Vick

I'll probably be doing the Glendale Gun Show. Does CG provide these, or should I print them out? Handouts and what not?

wildhawker
06-04-2009, 1:38 PM
Let's keep this thread on-topic: CGN polos for the booth vols. Ideas/questions for events should be discussed here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=171265&page=2) or in one of the individual event threads.

rumble phish
06-04-2009, 2:27 PM
I'll order my own shirt, since it'll be a bit bigger than most of you guys :laugh:

Can I just use the Calguns logo and have it done? Do I need to get written permission from someone first?

Can'thavenuthingood
06-04-2009, 2:50 PM
I'll order my own shirt, since it'll be a bit bigger than most of you guys :laugh:

Can I just use the Calguns logo and have it done? Do I need to get written permission from someone first?

I have them up to 6XL, you are bigger than that?

Vick

pullnshoot25
06-04-2009, 5:37 PM

Vick

Speaking of shirts, is there one for Mollie?

Can'thavenuthingood
06-04-2009, 6:54 PM
Speaking of shirts, is there one for Mollie?

I thought I sent one down for Mollie at the Del Mar show?
It was sent back to me.

Check PM in a few minutes.

Vick

Liberty1
06-08-2009, 3:48 PM
I just bought a blue 5-11 brand polo the day before the So Cal show and had a local embroiderer stitch CG.N on it. And where can I get a digital copy of the CGN color logo. I'd like to have that added to my shirt too.

rumble phish
06-10-2009, 2:59 PM

Vick

I'll take a 5X for the San Jose show. PM sent...

ragenmoan
07-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Heck, I'm not working the show booth but would like to buy a logo'd shirt if they became available. maybe selling them to public would be a good way to bring in revenue to help us fight the fight (against the anti-gun folks):52:.

RG

yock
07-03-2009, 8:58 PM
I have a question. I am tall & skinny (6'2" & 145lbs), do the shirts shrink up? If so I will take a large, if not I will take a medium for the Fresno show.

Can'thavenuthingood
07-10-2009, 10:24 AM
I have a question. I am tall & skinny (6'2" & 145lbs), do the shirts shrink up? If so I will take a large, if not I will take a medium for the Fresno show.

Missed this I think.

I don't think they are shrinking up on the guys or gals. They do seem to have a longer cut.

Any you guys want to voice your experience with the Calguns Booth Polo shirts?

Vick

yock
07-11-2009, 8:52 PM
Sounds like I will be fine with a Med. :)