PDA

View Full Version : VZ-58 FS - cheap! $626!!!!LAST CHANCE - closing out tonight

harmoniums
04-29-2009, 11:08 AM
now that I got your attention!
I'm trying to round out a group buy on receivers from ORF
Put your name down for the buy and thats what it costs you, soup to nuts
$626 + 30mins sweat equity at the build party!

thats a kit for 250
a receiver for 250
compliance parts for 103
and a muzzle extension for 13!

All shipped to Ades in SoCal
details here

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=176126

Mods I understand that this could be construed as spam, but there's a lot of guys out there that want one of these but never read much beyond the FS section

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/small_arms/sa_vz_58/sa_vz_58_7.jpg

Hoolpe
04-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Okay, you've definitely got my attention. Does the parts list you mentioned include everything (except magazines) or will I need to buy additional parts? Are they easy to assemble? I've never built a gun before. I'm in if it's easy enough for an average guy to build.

harmoniums
04-29-2009, 12:10 PM
The parts kit includes everything minus the Magazine.
I'm working with Czechpoint-USA to get 10 rounders in.
The hardest part is pressing in the barrel (all my parts kits have the barrel pressed out of the receiver stub) but that will be done (by yourself with supervision) during the build party.
I have the gauges and hydraulic press to make this an easy 5 minute job
After that everything else snaps together like LEGOs

CALI-gula
04-29-2009, 1:25 PM
The parts kit includes everything minus the Magazine.
I'm working with Czechpoint-USA to get 10 rounders in.
The hardest part is pressing in the barrel (all my parts kits have the barrel pressed out of the receiver stub) but that will be done (by yourself with supervision) during the build party.
I have the gauges and hydraulic press to make this an easy 5 minute job
After that everything else snaps together like LEGOs

And includes the barrel?

Frijolito1988
04-29-2009, 1:27 PM
did ORF fixed theyre crappy *** recivers ? the feed ramps where receiver arent even firearble :eek: or that was just a few of them ?

harmoniums
04-29-2009, 2:02 PM
And includes the barrel?

Yessir barrel included

harmoniums
04-29-2009, 2:03 PM
did ORF fixed theyre crappy *** recivers ? the feed ramps where receiver arent even firearble :eek: or that was just a few of them ?

Yes they are machined in now.
THey are a bit finnick with hollow points though

jacques
04-29-2009, 2:55 PM
Yes they are machined in now.
THey are a bit finnick with hollow points though

That's because they did not correct the problem correctly. There is a lot of info on these ORF receivers, the problems with them, and the fixes they have implemented. Some of these threads were shut down on the AKforum. I was lucky with mine, but had to return them twice to have problems resolved.

Finnicky is not necessarily the word for feeding HP through these.

It is more like, They will not feed HP. And if you are using brassed cased HP ammo, expect it to get squashed on the way into the barrel.

Also expect to spend a lot of time fitting your bolt carrier, piston and other parts to the receiver. This will take at least an hour of carefull filing. Don't file too much.

Because the variation in the diameter of the Czech barrels, you may also find that the barrel needs to be turned to reduce the diameter. At first, the holes in the ORF receivers were too big, there was no press fit, but I belive they have fixed that by making them under sized. I can not say for sure though. Too big a barrel in an under sized receiver barrel hole may cause you problems. I would ask ORF if there is still a concern abot the size of the barrel that you are pressing in. If there is, you may need to ream out that barrel hole, or take some off of your barrel.

Your triggers from the kit may also extend too far down, they may need to be ground down and fitted to the trigger guard so you can actually pull them back. This again, may have been resolved by ORF, but I am doubt it.

One of the reasons there is a feeding problem, besides the feed ramps either being non-existent or machined incorrectly, is that there should be a chamfer on the locking lugs to allow the cartrige to raise and feed correctly out of the magazine. This may be obvious if you compare your receiver stub (with locking lugs) to the ORF receiver.

This is just what comes to mind. But they do not click together like legos, or an AR.

Personally, if I had it to do over again, I would buy a D-technic receiver and pay the extra 100 bucks or so.

harmoniums
04-29-2009, 3:24 PM
wow I never had any bolt/carrier problems, they slid right in.
The barrel fit was 0.824 inner diameter on the receiver and a 0.825-0.826 outer diameter on most of the barrels I have. so teh press fit issue is more or less fixed.
Also the trigger has no clearance problems at all, so that must be fixed also.

jacques
04-29-2009, 8:25 PM
wow I never had any bolt/carrier problems, they slid right in.
The barrel fit was 0.824 inner diameter on the receiver and a 0.825-0.826 outer diameter on most of the barrels I have. so teh press fit issue is more or less fixed.
Also the trigger has no clearance problems at all, so that must be fixed also.
I would just not feel right if I did not voice my concerns. That is all. Just read up on it. There were many disappointed people that built up their rifles that could only be used as displays. Like I said. Mine are just fine, as long as I don't use brass cased ammo. But there is a fix for that. I just need to do it.

harmoniums
04-30-2009, 10:59 AM
BTT, please respond in linked thread

turbochris
04-30-2009, 11:41 AM
wow this is cheap and might be worth getting in to. although jacques concerns do worry me. I just paid double that for my 58. have you got anyone in for the buy yet?

harmoniums
04-30-2009, 12:06 PM
got 19 so far, need 6 more

Kceads
04-30-2009, 9:29 PM
PUT ME ON THE LIST - I NEED RECEIVER AND PARTS KIT.

KEVIN

harmoniums
05-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Bump ... 5 spots left ... dont be left out

harmoniums
05-02-2009, 7:07 AM
bump

harmoniums
05-03-2009, 7:02 AM
btt

Rule .308
05-03-2009, 7:32 AM
I could use a receiver, compliance kit, and barrel extension.

harmoniums
05-03-2009, 8:24 AM
Role .308, Ive added your name
please keep a track on this thread

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=176126

harmoniums
05-04-2009, 7:43 AM
bump

flyingdrp
05-04-2009, 10:04 PM
bump

harmoniums