PDA

View Full Version : .

K1LLROI
04-29-2009, 9:08 AM
Hope this link works..forgive me if it has been discussed..
In a way its good to know if someone is mentally unstable to own guns.
On the other hand, who knows how far and exaggerated THEY might go.

Post opinions and feedback here..

C ya round Calgunners...:thumbsup:

GunSlinga
04-29-2009, 10:54 AM
I Googled a bit and found essentially the same reporting here:

http://www.opposingviews.com/articles/opinion-congress-trying-to-use-medical-records-to-ban-guns

This definitely worth keeping an eye on...

Roadrunner
04-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Firearms, criminals and criminals with firearms aren't a new phenomenon that recently sprang from the ground. It's just amazing that the 18th, 19th, and early 20th century worked very well with both of them, yet our government requires this overreaction to save and protect us. If someone actually took some time to use a little critical thinking about this, would we discover that the government is more concerned about protecting we the people, or is government CYA'ing itself? Certainly it's already been established through precedent that we as individuals have no expectation to protection from the police. So, setting aside the sound bites talking about protecting us, what is the real motivation to registration, "assault weapon" bans, and strict regulation of firearms as a whole?

Untamed1972
04-29-2009, 11:42 AM
So, setting aside the sound bites talking about protecting us, what is the real motivation to registration, "assault weapon" bans, and strict regulation of firearms as a whole?

It is something I like to call "Wolves in sheepdogs clothing". They claim they are doing all of this stuff for your protection, protecting you (the sheep) like the noble sheepdogs they want you to think they are. Once they have completely led the flock astray, disarmed them and left them cornered and defenseless they will cast off the sheepdogs clothing and be free to reveal their true nature and intentions.

Roadrunner
04-29-2009, 11:56 AM
It is something I like to call "Wolves in sheepdogs clothing". They claim they are doing all of this stuff for your protection, protecting you (the sheep) like the noble sheepdogs they want you to think they are. Once they have completely led the flock astray, disarmed them and left them cornered and defenseless they will cast off the sheepdogs clothing and be free to reveal their true nature and intentions.

You're right of course, but then I'm preaching to the choir here. So what do we do to get others to think critically about an issue they have given little or no thought about before? What makes a person ignore the obvious and adhere to the ridiculous notions that less firearms will reduce crime? Has our society become so dependent on government to protect them or is it just laziness and cowardace?

K1LLROI
04-29-2009, 12:25 PM
You're right of course, but then I'm preaching to the choir here. So what do we do to get others to think critically about an issue they have given little or no thought about before? What makes a person ignore the obvious and adhere to the ridiculous notions that less firearms will reduce crime? Has our society become so dependent on government to protect them or is it just laziness and cowardace?

+1 for laziness and dependance..
People are too damn lazy to get information on their own..
Don't be sheep...and shoot the dang wolves..
Its WE THE PEOPLE.....

K1LLROI
04-29-2009, 12:28 PM
RoadRunner...I like your quote..:thumbsup:Thanks to THEIR new ways..I guess we all have a little of that in us..

Untamed1972
04-29-2009, 2:41 PM

Well because they are sheep I think they have to be "led" a little to see the point. People will readily give up a right or not fight for one they don't personally care about or dont take advantage of. People need to realize that we must ALL fight for EVERYONES' rights because if I say it's ok to take away someone else's because I dont care about it, it's only a matter of time before one I DO care about is on the chopping block.

So paint the picture for people about how this is just the beginning. How will they feel when they find themselves or a loved one being denied healthcare because after the gov't reviewed ALL of their private medical records it was determined it wasn't cost effective to treat them, or they're too old to spend the money on and so on and so on. They need to be shown how this first step will lead to others.

The problem is many of those people still think the gov't sheepdogs are actually sheepdogs. They need to helped to see that these things are not in their best interest and that someone claiming to be doing for their own good is lying to them because what they propose IS NOT in their best interest.

People need to get over the "free" thing. Nothing in life is free, you WILL pay for it one way or another. Nothing the gov't hands out is really free, and once you start taking scraps from the gov't table they'll own you for the rest of your life!