PDA

View Full Version : Here's something FOR us

Dark&Good
04-27-2009, 7:26 PM
I figured this is the right section; if it's not: Mods, please move it to the General...
If it's a duplicate, please point me to the other thread before deleting.

All right, here's a gem that might even have some future uses:
http://www.calgunlaws.com/index.php/articles-memoranda-and-commentary/78-commentary/418.html

radioburning
04-27-2009, 9:51 PM
Nice! Good find.

Texas Boy
04-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Looks like this report has been out for quite some time - I guess I shouldn't be surprised that politicians and the press have been ignoring it....Still, a great reference to site - and one that should be sited every chance we get.

Dark&Good
04-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I'll put some work into making it known to some guys I know...
(Um... you mean, "cite"? ;) )

ETD1010
04-28-2009, 12:35 AM
we needed to have an FBI study to PROVE this? What a sad day THAT is. I mean, isn't' a criminal, by DEFINITION, a law breaker? Simple deduction would indicate that the violent ones would ignore gun laws.

glockwise2000
04-28-2009, 12:55 AM
good find. though anti-guns would still ignore this report.

KWA-S
04-28-2009, 1:12 AM
Next report: "FBI confirms sky is blue"

Dark&Good
04-28-2009, 2:44 AM
The problem is, the educational system is so authoritarian and messy, that by the time some people finish school, they can't think alone any more. Now imagine all the teachers coming from that crowd...

I strongly believe that good parental education can counter the above. There are teachers who teach thinking as well.

I also believe that people who can think + get correct data/knowledge + have good intentions, don't become anti-gun. Those who gave in to authoritarian education will most often believe what "authorities" say.

This FBI study is a potential tool against that kind of stupidity. It can also become useful in some legal cases, where such arguments need to be backed up by facts.

And, last, but not least, it's here for you and I as a little more encouragement :)

colossians323
04-28-2009, 4:10 AM
The problem is, the educational system is so authoritarian and messy, that by the time some people finish school, they can't think alone any more. Now imagine all the teachers coming from that crowd...

I strongly believe that good parental education can counter the above. There are teachers who teach thinking as well.

I also believe that people who can think + get correct data/knowledge + have good intentions, don't become anti-gun. Those who gave in to authoritarian education will most often believe what "authorities" say.

This FBI study is a potential tool against that kind of stupidity. It can also become useful in some legal cases, where such arguments need to be backed up by facts.

And, last, but not least, it's here for you and I as a little more encouragement :)

Well put. One of he reasons I choose to homeschool.
They all but squash critical thinking in the classroom anymore.

Suvorov
04-28-2009, 8:02 AM
we needed to have an FBI study to PROVE this? What a sad day THAT is. I mean, isn't' a criminal, by DEFINITION, a law breaker? Simple deduction would indicate that the violent ones would ignore gun laws.

And yet our very own Secretary of Homeland Security stated: "Illegal aliens are not breaking the law per se" :rolleyes:

pullnshoot25
04-28-2009, 8:28 AM
And yet our very own Secretary of Homeland Security stated: "Illegal aliens are not breaking the law per se" :rolleyes:

You have to be kidding, right?

wash
04-28-2009, 8:35 AM
Jimmy Carter needs to read this.

Untamed1972
04-28-2009, 8:44 AM
I figured this is the right section; if it's not: Mods, please move it to the General...
If it's a duplicate, please point me to the other thread before deleting.

All right, here's a gem that might even have some future uses:
http://www.calgunlaws.com/index.php/articles-memoranda-and-commentary/78-commentary/418.html

Yeah....I actually stumbled upon that report a year or more ago and found it very interesting. But even more interesting is that fact the it's findings were kept so hush-hush. It just supports what we all know to be true. Gun control only keeps guns from law-abiding citizens. Criminals don't give a crap about the laws and will just continue to do what they've always done.

Untamed1972
04-28-2009, 8:47 AM
Well put. One of he reasons I choose to homeschool.
They all but squash critical thinking in the classroom anymore.

don't you know that "home-schoolers" are on the DHS watch list of right-wing extremists?

Suvorov
04-28-2009, 8:47 AM
You have to be kidding, right?

The exact quote:

"Well, you know, Sheriff Joe, he is being very political in that statement, because he knows that there aren't enough law enforcement officers, courtrooms or jail cells in the world to do what he is saying. What we have to do is target the real evil-doers in this business, the employers who consistently hire illegal labor, and the human traffickers who are exploiting human misery. And yes, when we find illegal workers, yes, appropriate action, some of which is criminal, most of that is civil, because crossing the border is not a crime per se. It is civil. But anyway, going after those as well.

tomcat11
04-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Some how, some way, we need to get these reports and studies out to the general public and those in power that will listen in order to combat the one sided, liberal slanted propaganda machine that is so purvasive in the main stream media.

It seems we do not have effective vehicles for doing so.

Although it seems great to us that the NRA, Lou Dobbs, Calguns, and a small numbers of others are reporting the truth, collectively we are not reaching a wide enough audiance.

We are not reaching and informing the many voters who may feel that they are not directly affected by anti gun laws because it does not relate to them and who just might feel differently if they had access to the truth and realized that it is their fundamental right as well, even if they choose not to exercise it.

Just demonstrating and proving the fact that they are being deceived by the media and the anti's could have a positive affect.

They must be educated about firearms, what the true meaning of 2A is and that history provides the answers to their fears and even more importantly the fears that they have not yet realized or experienced.

We must fight for a fair reporting media. We must distribute these reports on websites like utube and use the internet to create awareness when ever possible and conversely pound down the crap propaganda that we see in the paper, and on TV. We must reach everyone so they can make a truly educated choice.

:chris:

evan69
04-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Next report: "FBI confirms sky is blue"

That's worthy of my sig. I lol'd hard.

Good to see them confirming these things though...

1BigPea
04-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Good post, thanks for that, I just forwarded it on to my email list. :thumbsup:

rkt88edmo
04-28-2009, 12:28 PM
I've always wanted a time machine to 1999 :)

Dark&Good
04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
I downloaded the whole report (the pieces listed under the original link), and I'm going to post it on my website. Any other ideas?

Dark&Good
04-28-2009, 5:27 PM
I posted the link on my site - if it stops working, I'll upload the actual report.