PDA

View Full Version : DOD brass shreading reversal, where is that thread?

Bigugly
04-27-2009, 5:55 PM
Yes I did a search, but I do not seem to be able to find the the actual official statement from the DOD. I thought it was posted here somewhere.

gcvt
04-27-2009, 6:03 PM
I don't recall seeing any official statement from the DOD posted here...all I saw was statements posted by the companies that buy the spent brass from them.

Anyone?

Bigugly
04-27-2009, 6:15 PM
I don't recall seeing any official statement from the DOD posted here...all I saw was statements posted by the companies that buy the spent brass from them.

Anyone?

Perhaps that is what I was thinking of.

The reason I am looking for this is that I have a friend that just heard about this this afternoon and he is freaking out. I thought this was resolved, I wanted to show him so he will calm down.

Librarian
04-27-2009, 6:41 PM
Perhaps that is what I was thinking of.

The reason I am looking for this is that I have a friend that just heard about this this afternoon and he is freaking out. I thought this was resolved, I wanted to show him so he will calm down.
Yes, it's resolved, about March 17.

Ah - here's a source with two emails from DLA,
http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2009/03/18/dod-upon-further-review-spent-military-brass-will-be-sold/
and here's Representative Boozman's blog During the past two years, the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service (DRMS), an entity within the Defense Logistics Agency, has revised its internal processes to ensure that only appropriate items that pose no threat to national security are made available for sale to the public. During that time, it was decided that small arms cartridge cases will continue to be identified as a Sensitive Munitions List item and therefore will remain in a category of government property allowing for their release for sale to the public. DRMS sales contractors have been notified of this decision and have begun the processes of reoffering any cases that have been held during the investigation.http://www.boozman.house.gov/blog/

Bigugly
04-27-2009, 7:15 PM
Thank's guys.

Michael

Nodda Duma
04-27-2009, 8:22 PM
It was actually resolved the day after the news broke that DoD was going to shred brass. How's that for quick reaction time? :thumbsup:

-Jason