PDA

View Full Version : New guy checking in

jim0352
04-25-2009, 1:55 PM
Hi all,

I wanted to post up and say hello and also say what a great resource this site is. I live in Arizona, but am trying to help my wife's uncle put together a CA legal AR15. The information on the site has been a tremendous help. Thanks for the great info and I look forward to learning more!

Jim

Saigon1965
04-25-2009, 3:18 PM
Welcome - Have you uncle in law join up with us -

Turbinator
04-25-2009, 3:31 PM
Welcome aboard, +1 on having your wife's uncle join the board. The more, the better!

Turby

jim0352
04-25-2009, 8:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I've already pointed my uncle-in-law here, hopefully he'll join up as well.

bruceflinch
04-26-2009, 6:15 AM
Welcome Jim! You're such a nice young Man for helping out the Family when in need..:thumbsup:

be1498
04-26-2009, 8:51 AM
Welcome, Jim. I am usually a lurker, and don't post much...I know the value of keeping my mouth shut when there are many, many people more knowledgeable folks than I on these boards. I learn a lot from them, and get to pass this info to my LEO son. We're building up our first OLLs. Looks like it'll be a slow process since neither parts nor ammo are easily available now without sacrificing the proverbial arm and leg.

Hope to see you around here quite a bit, and your uncle too!

Brian

maschronic
04-26-2009, 8:54 AM
Welcome, Jim. I am usually a lurker, and don't post much...I know the value of keeping my mouth shut when there are many, many people more knowledgeable folks than I on these boards. I learn a lot from them, and get to pass this info to my LEO son. We're building up our first OLLs. Looks like it'll be a slow process since neither parts nor ammo are easily available now without sacrificing the proverbial arm and leg.

Hope to see you around here quite a bit, and your uncle too!

Brian

parts are available....if you look for them. its matter of wanting to pay the high prices. sometimes, good deals comes around.

B Strong
04-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Welcome Jim!

Make sure to check out the Calguns Foundation, and look for a Calguns Booth at your local gunshow.

If there isn't a booth scheduled, volunteer and get involved yourself.

Turbinator
04-26-2009, 5:36 PM
I am usually a lurker, and don't post much...I know the value of keeping my mouth shut when there are many, many people more knowledgeable folks than I on these boards. I learn a lot from them, and get to pass this info to my LEO son.

Hi Brian, everyone starts somewhere, but I've learned in life that everyone has something to share and teach - no matter how much or how little experience one may have. Don't feel shy - us mods on duty will make sure you can speak your peace without getting beat down! :)

Turby

Dark&Good
04-26-2009, 6:22 PM
Hi!
So... what's your SSN#? :D

Welcome to Calguns!